EA Forums - Banner

Yearbook Mystery Box

Replies

• empathy77
    4141 posts Member
    Any news on the Yearbook's end date? Should I go panic buy the last things and be donut poor? Or just wait patiently until I earn the donuts needed?

panic mode always gets the job done
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    10AAA10 wrote: »
    The tsto user cannot afford a $ 5-10 purchase (residents of low-income countries are not counted). It is financially difficult for him. A person does not want to get an education and a new job, he does not try to change his life. He is already comfortable, as he is in his comfort zone. At the same time, the player regularly enters the game and farms donuts. ****? It may be better to switch from the game to something more useful. I do not urge to spend money on the game, this game is conditionally free. How can you spend time playing when you have no money. It may be better to earn real money, not virtual donuts.

People spend money on watching movies in the cinema and on viewing pictures in the museum. Neither films and pictures belong to them. So why can you spend money on them, and spending money on a game is considered a bad form. ;)

You sound like one of these judgemental snobs who "knows" all about how lazy the poor people are. Do you frequently stand guard outside welfare offices, following recipients to theaters where they frivolously squander their limited resources? I'm wondering where you base your harsh judgment of our non premium players.

I have to assume you must spy on the lazy and uneducated quite often, to be so well informed as to their lack of desire for improving their lives. Surely you've ruled out any viable reasons for anyone to become stagnant in their life's progress such as mental of physical illness, or other unexpected financial setback. And of course you wouldn't possibly be projecting what miniscule scope you ARE familiar with, to a mass audience you know nothing about. Of course not.

It must be burdensome to be so well tuned to the mind of the lazy TSTO player who does not attempt to achieve anything in life - except free digital donuts.

You have 35 comments so far since joining this forum. In that time, i couldn't help but form the conclusion that you're a total asshat, based on your statements here. Hopefully I've misjudged you, which i can freely admit I'm capable of, under the limits of communicating via social media. Perhaps your future posts will reshape the image you project.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    The tsto user cannot afford a $ 5-10 purchase (residents of low-income countries are not counted). It is financially difficult for him. A person does not want to get an education and a new job, he does not try to change his life. He is already comfortable, as he is in his comfort zone. At the same time, the player regularly enters the game and farms donuts. ****? It may be better to switch from the game to something more useful. I do not urge to spend money on the game, this game is conditionally free. How can you spend time playing when you have no money. It may be better to earn real money, not virtual donuts.

People spend money on watching movies in the cinema and on viewing pictures in the museum. Neither films and pictures belong to them. So why can you spend money on them, and spending money on a game is considered a bad form. ;)

You sound like one of these judgemental snobs who "knows" all about how lazy the poor people are. Do you frequently stand guard outside welfare offices, following recipients to theaters where they frivolously squander their limited resources? I'm wondering where you base your harsh judgment of our non premium players.

I have to assume you must spy on the lazy and uneducated quite often, to be so well informed as to their lack of desire for improving their lives. Surely you've ruled out any viable reasons for anyone to become stagnant in their life's progress such as mental of physical illness, or other unexpected financial setback. And of course you wouldn't possibly be projecting what miniscule scope you ARE familiar with, to a mass audience you know nothing about. Of course not.

It must be burdensome to be so well tuned to the mind of the lazy TSTO player who does not attempt to achieve anything in life - except free digital donuts.

You have 35 comments so far since joining this forum. In that time, i couldn't help but form the conclusion that you're a total asshat, based on your statements here. Hopefully I've misjudged you, which i can freely admit I'm capable of, under the limits of communicating via social media. Perhaps your future posts will reshape the image you project.

@10AAA10
    Would you like some ice for that BURN!? :D
  • Willy9292
    1480 posts Member

I have looked at this and the following posts by you. I seriously hope that there is a language or cultural issue that makes many of your posts seem so offensive. Otherwise you seem to continually violate these don'ts in the rules:

Be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.

Be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.

Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • In my posts there were no insults. It was just a truth you don’t want to admit. You try to justify your failures with pitiful excuses and don't want to change anything. I also want to say that I see insults in my address in your posts, which contradicts the forum rules. I'm not trying to troll anyone. It is always easier to find an excuse for yourself than to take a change in your life.
  • The way you responded to my message only says that I am right and deep in your souls you understand this. But afraid to admit it to yourself. Your values ​​have remained at the level of carefree teens who seek only to enjoy life, but they don’t want to work.
  • To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield (Alfred Tennyson).
  • 10AAA10 wrote: »
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield (Alfred Tennyson).

To not be an asshat (me)
  • annettemarc
    7715 posts Member
    edited April 25
    In my posts there were no insults. It was just a truth you don’t want to admit. You try to justify your failures with pitiful excuses and don't want to change anything. I also want to say that I see insults in my address in your posts, which contradicts the forum rules. I'm not trying to troll anyone. It is always easier to find an excuse for yourself than to take a change in your life.

I don't blame you for believing what you say about people being in bad situations because of their own choices. There was a time when I totally believed that same thing, and treasured books like one titled "Welfare Wonderland" and was a huge fan of Phyllis Schlafley (sp?) and a bunch of other "personal responsibility" believers. I believed in all of that until I was about 45 years old.

I've gone 180 degrees from that position. For several reasons, including watching hundreds of people in real life, work themselves to the bone and get hammered by real life. Not just a few of them. Virtually all of them. And seeing that what I had done was fall for a whole lot of hooey. Work ethic. Personal Responsibility. What a scam. But they still believe that if they keep trying they will succeed. They need to believe that they are in control. Keeps 'em all turning that hamster wheel.

What I discovered was that most of us start out with a belief that we are in control of our lives. We desperately need to believe that. To believe otherwise is terrifying. In earlier years, my experience, and the experience of the people I saw around me fit into the mythology of the work ethic. Middle class. Working class. Work hard. Succeed. Improve life. Get an education. Don't give up. Move up the ladder. It was happening all around me. It certainly worked for ME. Only in rare cases did I see otherwise. I was A Happy Camper. What a wonderful world.

When I stepped outside my comfort zone I saw people all around me for whom the opposite was true. An alternate reality. Life is a hammer. It goes in a straight line up the ladder for a few. But for most, it is not only incredibly difficult to make it. It is impossible . Its not hard work that brings success. It's just plain old Dumb Luck. Terrifying. Lucky for us, many of them still keep trying. Spin, wheel. Spin. Spin.

But Until I saw it with my own eyes, I thought they were living in poverty as a result of their own choices. I desperately needed to believe that. It was reassuring and comforting for me to feel, as you do, that I was, for the most part, in control.

NOW I believe this: if a person does not work hard, they will not succeed. If a person works hard, they have a chance of making it. A chance. Many fail, despite their hard work. Many. Not a few. Many. If a person works hard and is incredibly lucky, there is a slight chance they will move up that ladder. Very slight. I'd been living in a bubble until I saw these realities. I had been incredibly lucky to be inside that bubble.

Life is out of our CONTROL. It's mostly luck. Terrifying, right? Welcome to what is The Real World for many. Yikes. Egad.
    Post edited by annettemarc on
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • 74hands
    444 posts Member
    edited April 25
    I hate these forums with a well-earned passion but foxtrot foxtrot sierra EA, pull your finger out already, fix your server situation, give us a new major event and save us all from epic stupid threads like the above. :s
    Post edited by 74hands on
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • ^^ AGREE :|
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 74hands wrote: »
    I hate these forums with a well-earned passion but foxtrot foxtrot sierra EA, pull your finger out already, fix your server situation, give us a new major event and save us all from epic stupid threads like the above. :s

[... Annette waits patiently, slightly disappointed that 74hands did not post his SkyFinger/Bart image in response to her tirade...] B)
  • 10AAA10 wrote: »
    In my posts there were no insults. It was just a truth you don’t want to admit. You try to justify your failures with pitiful excuses and don't want to change anything. I also want to say that I see insults in my address in your posts, which contradicts the forum rules. I'm not trying to troll anyone. It is always easier to find an excuse for yourself than to take a change in your life.

I don't blame you for believing what you say about people being in bad situations because of their own choices. There was a time when I totally believed that same thing, and treasured books like one titled "Welfare Wonderland" and was a huge fan of Phyllis Schlafley (sp?) and a bunch of other "personal responsibility" believers. I believed in all of that until I was about 45 years old.

I've gone 180 degrees from that position. For several reasons, including watching hundreds of people in real life, work themselves to the bone and get hammered by real life. Not just a few of them. Virtually all of them. And seeing that what I had done was fall for a whole lot of hooey. Work ethic. Personal Responsibility. What a scam. But they still believe that if they keep trying they will succeed. They need to believe that they are in control. Keeps 'em all turning that hamster wheel.

What I discovered was that most of us start out with a belief that we are in control of our lives. We desperately need to believe that. To believe otherwise is terrifying. In earlier years, my experience, and the experience of the people I saw around me fit into the mythology of the work ethic. Middle class. Working class. Work hard. Succeed. Improve life. Get an education. Don't give up. Move up the ladder. It was happening all around me. It certainly worked for ME. Only in rare cases did I see otherwise. I was A Happy Camper. What a wonderful world.

When I stepped outside my comfort zone I saw people all around me for whom the opposite was true. An alternate reality. Life is a hammer. It goes in a straight line up the ladder for a few. But for most, it is not only incredibly difficult to make it. It is impossible . Its not hard work that brings success. It's just plain old Dumb Luck. Terrifying. Lucky for us, many of them still keep trying. Spin, wheel. Spin. Spin.

But Until I saw it with my own eyes, I thought they were living in poverty as a result of their own choices. I desperately needed to believe that. It was reassuring and comforting for me to feel, as you do, that I was, for the most part, in control.

NOW I believe this: if a person does not work hard, they will not succeed. If a person works hard, they have a chance of making it. A chance. Many fail, despite their hard work. Many. Not a few. Many. If a person works hard and is incredibly lucky, there is a slight chance they will move up that ladder. Very slight. I'd been living in a bubble until I saw these realities. I had been incredibly lucky to be inside that bubble.

Life is out of our CONTROL. It's mostly luck. Terrifying, right? Welcome to what is The Real World for many. Yikes. Egad.

Currently there are two countries that I really like, this is the United States and Germany. I am impressed by the culture and mentality of the citizens of these countries. From TV shows, films and literary works (for example, T. Dreiser) I have always believed that the USA is a land of great opportunities! Through work, you can do better (I like the values ​​of Frank Cowperwood - the Financier).
    As a positive example, I always brought life in Germany or the United States.
    Speaking of luck, do you mean luck or family ties, clans, influential patrons?
    I do not say that luck is unimportant, but work is also very important.
    "American Dream" - a myth? I refuse to believe it.
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member

And it is always easier to blame others than look at yourself as the cause of conflict.

You assert your OPINION as "truth". This is laughable as no one can know what you claim to know. How do you know people don't want change? How do you know people aren't trying to change every day, yet suffer consequences beyond their control?

YOU DON'T.

It's clear you're just a troll. I'll be selecting "ignore" for you in my settings. Your replies defend your cocky attitude, rather than apologize for your callousness, so it's now quite apparent you have nothing useful to contribute here. You're welcome to go **** yourself.

• Currently there are two countries that I really like, this is the United States and Germany. I am impressed by the culture and mentality of the citizens of these countries. From TV shows, films and literary works (for example, T. Dreiser) I have always believed that the USA is a land of great opportunities! Through work, you can do better (I like the values ​​of Frank Cowperwood - the Financier).
    As a positive example, I always brought life in Germany or the United States.
    Speaking of luck, do you mean luck or family ties, clans, influential patrons?
    I do not say that luck is unimportant, but work is also very important.
    "American Dream" - a myth? I refuse to believe it.

I love the United States. It has been very good to me. I have, I believe, lived the American Dream. I referred to the mythology of the "work ethic" I think the concept of "work ethic" is accepted worldwide. Work is one absolutely vital element to be successful. A very small, but absolutely vital factor. Yes, the luck I refer to is family ties, and influential connections, and there are a host of other sources.

(I realize this conversation belongs in the off-topic section of the forum. The other forum members have been very patient with me.).

• 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    Luck is EXTREMELY important. Anyone denying it, takes theirs for granted. My work ethic is stellar, i will work circles around anyone, anytime. But my luck is absolute garbage and always has been. So I'm still on the bottom, and still trying to get out. There are millions of people busting their **** every day, who cannot get ahead. A little luck could go a long way for most of them.

Luck is no magic force. It's just the likelihood of things beyond your control either "going your way" or going "against you". Go ahead and start a log of how often things go your way. Gauge how lucky you really are.
  • I like the yearbook
  • Willy9292
    1480 posts Member
    I like the yearbook

Amazing. On topic. Thank you!
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • I miss the yearbook.

I'd like a new one.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    I like the yearbook

Amazing. On topic. Thank you!

Figured it was worth a go :)