EA Forums - Banner

Use refresh wisely on mystery box

Prev1
Willy9292
1418 posts Member
I need tons of stuff in my second town, and I started refreshing over and over to get what would be an optimal selection. I ended up with the whale, Duff Gardens and 3 items with over 3% multiplier each. For 150 donuts ended up with16% multiplier and Duff Gardens.
Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.

Replies

• 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    The stuff shown is selected randomly from the larger pool? So they're not tied together in groups of 5?
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • they seem to be random. cant Confirm yet
  • Willy9292
    1418 posts Member
    I refreshed a ton of times in town 2. There was no detectable pattern, some items appeared in multiple sets of 5, and I found I could usually stage a set where most or all of the items were things of high value.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • An item returns later in the box, if you refresh it ?

Or when you refresh, the current items are lost ?
  • Items return.
  • They will come back eventually. I had 73 items in my box and bought them all. If you buy 1 items, 4 are left. It doesnt add a 5th until you eithet hit refresh or buy all 5 that are displayed.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Yeah I didnt know there where that many items till I read the post, thought there was only 5 items up for offer at first :p

Now I just have to remember not to hit the dam refresh button....

also time to kem farm some more.......
  • it seems from my experience, you start out with 5 boxes but eventually they go down to 4 per group. i’m now down to 2 per group but getting close to the end 😀
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • it seems from my experience, you start out with 5 boxes but eventually they go down to 4 per group. i’m now down to 2 per group but getting close to the end 😀
    it seems from my experience, you start out with 5 boxes but eventually they go down to 4 per group. i’m now down to 2 per group but getting close to the end 😀

It keeps going like that until you only have one choice, does that a few times then thats all folks. When I saw "over 700 items" I thought for sure I would get my last 7 characters I needed for a full set. Oh well, at least I knocked one off my list.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • sjsebayacc131
    2037 posts Member
    edited March 14
    EDIT:

I posted in the wrong thread.
  • I've only got an itchy balloon left in mine now :)

And I don't need any more of those! :D
    www.tapped-out.co.uk
  • If you have itchy balloon in MB it means that you don't have one in your town. It is one for Springfield and have XP bonus.
    (Avaliable last time on Thanksgiving 2013)

All others itchy ballons that you have are for Krustland, and increase kirsh bonus only.

Look the same, but it's not.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I've only got an itchy balloon left in mine now :)

I had one in there too but still bought it. :joy:
    Nuking is always the answer
  • Capt_Sausage_007
    135 posts Member
    edited March 14
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I've only got an itchy balloon left in mine now :)

The balloon was the last in my box.
  • I didn't know that the whale is available.. I bought a lot of them from the vault at 300 donuts each before a 75 donuts discount :neutral:
  • they seem to be random. cant Confirm yet

It appears to change the mix of items with each refresh, but certain items (if not all) always remain in the same position. I've been manically refreshing to try to get at least 2 items that I want in the same group but for example: Pokey (the Guinea Pig) & the Starspawn are always both in the far left slot no matter how many times I refresh so they have never appeared in the same group.
    I don't know if maybe buying 1 item from that group & then refreshing might mix them up, but I suspect I'll just end up wasting donuts on stuff I don't want to punish me for trying to be clever. :'(
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    I didn't know that the whale is available.. I bought a lot of them from the vault at 300 donuts each before a 75 donuts discount :neutral:

It's only available if you don't have one.
  • I had most of the items. Still some left of course. I bought the remaining couple of characters (mostly some skins and minor NPC). Hence no characters are available anymore. I don't know if it has an influence on what I discodered:

I had 46 items left: the offer dropped from 5 items to 4 items to choose from
    At 38 items the offer dropped from 4 items to 3 items.

So at the moment any time when I tap to refresh the offer it is just 3 items to choose from.

This might be interesting for some of you guys.
  • aabcampos wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    I didn't know that the whale is available.. I bought a lot of them from the vault at 300 donuts each before a 75 donuts discount :neutral:

It's only available if you don't have one.

No wonder. I remember it totally didn't present to me
  • With 18 remaining items I am just getting displayed 2 items per refresh.
    But more importantly:
    The time I bought the fireworks barge it switched form 3 to 2 items. Before that, I had the fireworks barge in any 3 item offer after a refresh. I refesehd a couple of times, and the barge was always in.

So I think this highly points out, that we have certain itam categories. Once you have all the items in a category, the category itself will disappear from the list, meaning that you don't have 5 items that are offered, but 4, etc...