EA Forums - Banner

EA Support re:bundles - my experience so far

Prev1
4kidsandacatdog
2999 posts Member
edited March 22
Perhaps someone here on the forum knows how these things work, but this seems off to me.

I contacted EA support via email this morning. I stated that I am unable to purchase both Mayan Homer and Mexican Duffman because of the way they are bundled, because I have most of the other items which have been bundled with them.

I recieved a response from a rep who told me that I had to resubmit the request through the game and provide a case number which he supplied. This way, he said, it would be connected to my game. I also had to provide my Mayhem ID. I did all this, assuming from experience that it would allow them to enter and view the items I had and rectify the discrepancy.

Well, now I'm being asked to list all of the versions of both Duffman and Homer that I have. I don't have that memorized and I can't access the task menu for Homer because he's currently on an 8 hour task.

Seems weird that I'm having to provide what they should be able to access themselves with the information I've provided.

Am I being jerked around?

Replies

• Yes my experience with EA has never been good. They played me around and around by different support staff who clearly could not be bothered with your problem or they simply do not understand the game. I have been trained by them not to seek support as it would only bring pain.
  • Well i had a great experience with EA today regarding Blackbeard and the Ghost Ship. Advised to contact through in game help and the ship was added to my town! Quick and simple.

One thing I would suggest is always be patient and polite with the advisors as they are trying to help. Cheers
  • chadstraus97
    221 posts Member
    edited March 23
    I've had both good and bad experiences. My recommendations would be:
    1. Get EA on the phone if you can.
    2. Always be patient and polite.
    3. Succinctly explain what's wrong, why it impacts your ability to play/enjoy the game, and what remedy you're seeking.
    4. If the rep doesn't understand the problem, doesn't speak English well, or tries to send you to this forum to get answers (or get rid of you in some other totally unhelpful way), don't be afraid to get off the phone and immediately resubmit your case. You'll get a new rep when they call back.
    5. If possible, point to the experiences of other players on the forum, especially if somebody else got EA's help and received the same solution you want. If you have to email EA, include links to helpful forum threads.
    6. Don't be afraid to ask that your case be escalated to the studio team or a supervisor.

Good luck!

EDIT: I should add that (1) you do have to provide your Mayhem ID but (2) if you get a rep who knows what he/she is doing, I've determined from prior experiences that they are able to see a list of what's in/not in your individual game, so you shouldn't have to make a list of all of your Homer skins.
  • Valentines day... harp of death.... ahhhhh .. good times when I logged in with a different device....
    that's why I am saving my old devices for whenever they bring that back...
    EA support told me, … basically.. "not on our side... try someone else's device.."
    and so I tried my kids device... and got LOTS of Bonus boxes....

Maybe that's the next update??? Easter Harp of Death ???
  • Just got of a half an hour phone call which ended with the support worker telling me (completely incorrectly) that there is no set list of items available in the mystery boxes, and if two people get the same item it's complete coincidence. I couldn't convince her of otherwise, so I had to end the call. Bloody hell, I hope I have better luck the second time.
  • Just got of a half an hour phone call which ended with the support worker telling me (completely incorrectly) that there is no set list of items available in the mystery boxes, and if two people get the same item it's complete coincidence. I couldn't convince her of otherwise, so I had to end the call. Bloody hell, I hope I have better luck the second time.

Yeah, sometimes you just get terrible support. I've found that nights and weekends are the worst for the US East Coast. If you can get a call on a weekday between 9 and 5 US Central Time Zone, the people working those hours tend to be the best. My strategy is generally to call over lunch.

Yeah, sometimes you just get terrible support. I've found that nights and weekends are the worst for the US East Coast. If you can get a call on a weekday between 9 and 5 US Central Time Zone, the people working those hours tend to be the best. My strategy is generally to call over lunch.

I'm in Australia, so things work differently here. Both my initial email and my call were with Indians who misinterpreted what I was saying.

I'm in Australia, so things work differently here. Both my initial email and my call were with Indians who misinterpreted what I was saying.

Ah, I've spoken to the reps from India before too with, at best, limited success. I did get an Aussie once though - I think maybe really early in the morning my time (while most of the US was sleeping), but I never directly asked if he lived there (I just knew the accent), so maybe he was a transplant in another country. If you can't get anyone outside of the India group on the phone, you may just want to email. I'd recommend going through some of the other threads about Mystery Boxes and picking out the key posts that help explain the issue (and show people getting EA to fix it) and including links to those posts in your email. Best of luck!
  • I got blackbeard from the box and contacted support for the ship. They wanted me to contact via ingame help section fot verification. But for some reason I got to a page that said in dutch that this option was not available. I had to send a couple of mails before the supportdesk employer understood what the problem was. But I finally got the boat, so I don't complain...
  • I think first contact with EA is automated ,which uses algorithms to send you an appropriate response. I have always been sent round in circles, till a "real" person contacts me.
  • I've been told to submit yet another request through the game, after apparently being dumped by the first person who sent me on this fool's errand.

Feels increasingly like a wild goose chase.
  • Is there any way I can convince EA Help that the items I received/didn't receive in the mystery box are not "randomised by the server"? Here are some excerpts from emails I've had that incorrectly outline this "mechanic"

"I realize your concern. However, as I have checked with your previous case notes and history. We have already shared with you on phone that items in the game in packs has probability, not exact same items.
    Please note that the in-game features are designed by Developers and can not be changed. Games are based on mechanism and algorithm. Anything you receive or achieve in the game are server based and completely random and being a customer support we can not change it."

"I am afraid but I would like to inform you that the items you listed are not pre-defined as the game is working as intended and as previously informed anything you receive or achieve in the game are server based and completely random and being a customer support we can not change it.
    And the items are decided by the studio team itself we do not have control over it as its random and the game is working as intended. I am sorry but I am unable to add those contents in your game account as you have to earn them through box randomly as every player do in the game."

I've had multiple EA help members use this excuse, all because one person I had a phone call with in a previous case left it as a note for members taking my case further. No matter how hard I try, and how many links I provide to LPN's post listing all possible items, and the posts showing this issue has been fixed for other players, they will not be swayed.

• Okay, I got them to add the Ghost Pirate Airship to my game (though Blackbeard was deleted and I had to buy him from the box again, but no big deal)

The items they wouldn't add are;
    - Evil Shopkeeper
    - Mausoleum
    - Pharaoh Guard
    - Plague Rats
    - Lumpy
    - Snake Speakers
    - Hollow Snake Trunk
    - Snake Stump
    - Red Practice Snake
    - Yellow Practice Snake

I might just give up now, hopefully I'll get a chance in the future to get these, and EA fixes their issues with bundling
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    2999 posts Member
    edited March 25
    Is there any way I can convince EA Help that the items I received/didn't receive in the mystery box are not "randomised by the server"? Here are some excerpts from emails I've had that incorrectly outline this "mechanic"

"I realize your concern. However, as I have checked with your previous case notes and history. We have already shared with you on phone that items in the game in packs has probability, not exact same items.
    Please note that the in-game features are designed by Developers and can not be changed. Games are based on mechanism and algorithm. Anything you receive or achieve in the game are server based and completely random and being a customer support we can not change it."

"I am afraid but I would like to inform you that the items you listed are not pre-defined as the game is working as intended and as previously informed anything you receive or achieve in the game are server based and completely random and being a customer support we can not change it.
    And the items are decided by the studio team itself we do not have control over it as its random and the game is working as intended. I am sorry but I am unable to add those contents in your game account as you have to earn them through box randomly as every player do in the game."

I've had multiple EA help members use this excuse, all because one person I had a phone call with in a previous case left it as a note for members taking my case further. No matter how hard I try, and how many links I provide to LPN's post listing all possible items, and the posts showing this issue has been fixed for other players, they will not be swayed.

I just got a response from "Vareesha" saying it was caused by a bug!

Are you joking? I can't get Mayan Homer or Mexican Duffman to show up in my game - because of a bug?!?

I don't think Vareesha understands what a bug is.

Direct copy/paste from email:

Please let me share that the issue currently you are facing is apparently a bug which caused this anomaly. I will make sure to forward the same to our concern department.

It is sad that we at customer experience, can only help with issues in the game itself, we cannot make changes or correct game bugs.

We at EA customer service make every attempt to resolve each issue, but sometimes a resolution is simply not possible due to problems beyond our control. For your inconvenience, please accept my personal apology that this problem has negatively affected you.

Anticipating that Studio will look into the pertaining issue and try to sort it out as earliest as possible thus furnishing better game-play experience for you.
  • Okay, I got them to add the Ghost Pirate Airship to my game (though Blackbeard was deleted and I had to buy him from the box again, but no big deal)

- Evil Shopkeeper
    - Mausoleum
    - Pharaoh Guard
    - Plague Rats
    - Lumpy
    - Snake Speakers
    - Hollow Snake Trunk
    - Snake Stump
    - Red Practice Snake
    - Yellow Practice Snake

I might just give up now, hopefully I'll get a chance in the future to get these, and EA fixes their issues with bundling

I had the same problem because I already had one item from this bundle (hollow snake trunk). The only way is to ask them to delete the item you already have from this bundle so you can buy it. I did this they deleted the hollow snake trunk from my account and I could buy this Bundle from the Yearbook Mystery Box

- Evil Shopkeeper
    - Mausoleum
    - Pharaoh Guard
    - Plague Rats
    - Lumpy
    - Snake Speakers
    - Hollow Snake Trunk
    - Snake Stump
    - Red Practice Snake
    - Yellow Practice Snake

I had the same problem because I already had one item from this bundle (hollow snake trunk). The only way is to ask them to delete the item you already have from this bundle so you can buy it. I did this they deleted the hollow snake trunk from my account and I could buy this Bundle from the Yearbook Mystery Box

Interesting... might try this later. Thanks for the tip!

- Evil Shopkeeper
    - Mausoleum
    - Pharaoh Guard
    - Plague Rats
    - Lumpy
    - Snake Speakers
    - Hollow Snake Trunk
    - Snake Stump
    - Red Practice Snake
    - Yellow Practice Snake

Interesting. I was specifically told that they could not delete an item but they could (and ultimately did) add items. In fact, one of my issues was the Whacking Day Bundle and my problem was caused by owning the hollow snake trunk too. It's sad that even when they fix the problem, the reps don't seem to do it in a consistent manner.

- Evil Shopkeeper
    - Mausoleum
    - Pharaoh Guard
    - Plague Rats
    - Lumpy
    - Snake Speakers
    - Hollow Snake Trunk
    - Snake Stump
    - Red Practice Snake
    - Yellow Practice Snake

Interesting. I was specifically told that they could not delete an item but they could (and ultimately did) add items. In fact, one of my issues was the Whacking Day Bundle and my problem was caused by owning the hollow snake trunk too. It's sad that even when they fix the problem, the reps don't seem to do it in a consistent manner.

It took me 2 years to get Witch Marge skin!. True some reps do not have any idea how to help, somehow last night one rep told me the solution to store the cauldron in my inventory so they could delete it, and then I could place Witch Marge bundle. Really happy, thanks to you too! you said a few days ago you got these items too somehow I felt encouraged! I only talk to them by email and it worked!.
  • Are EA able to remove characters from the inventory? I have one helper saying they can't, but that seems strange to me especially considering they're all NPCs
  • Are EA able to remove characters from the inventory? I have one helper saying they can't, but that seems strange to me especially considering they're all NPCs

Nvm, they were able to delete them. I guess they just had some issues at first.