Last post wins :)

Replies

• D25338_10.jpg

Twilight over the Waters.
    Joseph Mallord William Turner.
    Watercolour on paper.
    c.1823–6.
  • thumb_540x420_XB1992.0118_XB1992.0118.jpg
    Lotus and Mallard, Zhu Da, 17th century, ink on paper, Hong Kong Museum of Art.
  • T03940_10.jpg

Dawn Flight: Mist Clearing, Mallard Rising and the Early Up Slow Surprised.
    T03940.
    Rowland Emett.
    Graphite, ink and watercolour on paper.
    On a Civil Aviation Christmas card in 1983 Emett described the flying-machine illustrated in T03940 , which he called, ‘The Featherstone-Kite Openwork Basketweave Mark II Gentleman's Flying Machine':

'The machine is constructed of cane windbreaks from little-known French vineyards and the wings are supported upon willowy saplings; all major control surfaces are covered with wild silk, suitably tamed. Power is provided by a Wandering Hot-Air Brazier and a swarm of underslung silver butterflies provide a trivial lift to the nose section. There is a full-time Auto-Pilot FRED (Freehand Remembering Empirical Doodling system) and the co-pilot Rover in a combined pet-pod and windsock. The rudder provides a First Class dickey-seat for Cirro Cumulus II, the pilot's personal pleasure cat. Main wheels retract into semi-buoyant shrimplike nacelles and ‘Eiffle' Altimeter gives those three heights every well-found pilot should know - Canal Level, OUR CHIMNEY and Milky Way.'
  • bxkv0jqnxaod.jpeg
    Beach Train, Frederick Rowland Emett, 1951, black ink and water color, private collection.
  • T01087_10.jpg

The Hold House Port Mear Square Island Port Mear Beach.
    Alfred Wallis.
    Oil paint on board.
    c.1932.
  • vg0bcc9alfvo.jpeg
    Beach at Saint-Malo, Charles Prendergast, 1907, watercolor, gouache, oil and crayon on paper, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.
  • 5fMJW8j.jpg
    Dr. Seuss
    Racist on psychedelic drugs
  • jzsd5dcav9ab.jpeg
    After the Storm, Skip Lawrence, undated, acrylic on paper, for sale by artist.
  • T02347_10.jpg

Skipping (The Gutter)
    William Roberts.
    Oil paint on canvas.
    1934–5.
    This painting was originally part of a larger work entitled The Gutter. It formed the right side of the canvas, which was divided after the Second World War, having been exhibited in the USA and damaged. Roberts explained that he had made the unusually large picture after hearing that artists were being commissioned to produce work for a new **** or P&O ocean liner, and hoping to be considered for the project. The subject is characteristic of Roberts’s depictions of city life, especially working-class protagonists.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    I win!!!

• I will win. Resistance is futile.
  • Mazzelmats
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Portrait_of_Ai_Weiwei_as_Drowned_Syrian_Refugee.jpeg?1516724122
    Portrait of Ai Weiwei as Drowned Syrian Refugee
    From his 'Censored' Series
    Oil on canvas
    100 x140 cm
    Pepijn Simon
    Post edited by Mazzelmats on
  • its over, I declare victory, that is all
  • Anyone seen my coffee, I left it around here somewhere… :#
  • I have a Weird Al Yankovic type parody of the NIN song "Hurt", it begins with "I quit my job today...and you can have it all, my empire of trash..." Goodbye, whole foods market housekeeping job!