EA Forums - Banner

UPDATE DROPPED!!

Replies

• CLWggg
    163 posts Member
    CLWggg wrote: »
    glennsoe wrote: »
    40 mins til it starts??

Are we not expecting it at 3pm GMT? It's currently 12:50 GMT (i.e. one hour behind BST, the current time in the UK), so it should be a couple more hours yet...
    Should be within 53 mins now..

You're joking, right?
  • cjryder625
    1382 posts Member
    40 mins til it starts??

Are we not expecting it at 3pm GMT? It's currently 12:50 GMT (i.e. one hour behind BST, the current time in the UK), so it should be a couple more hours yet...

You're joking, right?

no 3pm British time is correct but then of course we won't be able to get in as the server will crash

I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • It's live! Marge and Ruth Powers start.
  • glennsoe
    163 posts Member
    I'm not the type that says I told you so,but...I told you sooo...😈
  • annettemarc
    7688 posts Member
    cjryder625 wrote: »
    40 mins til it starts??

You're joking, right?

no 3pm British time is correct but then of course we won't be able to get in as the server will crash

The "crashing servers" issue happens frequently enough for them to think of ways to solve it. I think one option would be to roll out the update gradually. Event could trigger at 10AM in each timezone. This would, of course, create a different set of problems (e. g. would end times also vary? What impact on neighbors in varying time zones? And so forth.)

But if crashing servers are seen as a larger problem... Well...
  • CLWggg
    163 posts Member
    I'm not the type that says I told you so,but...I told you sooo...😈

Your original timing was an hour out. You can't keep changing your mind and then claimed to have been right all along!
  • OhHappyJays
    1530 posts Member
    We may have a HUGE problem.
    Part 3.

I'm stuck. It says 200 Gifts are needed, but the limit is apparently only 150. Wow.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • We may have a HUGE problem.
    Part 3.

I'm stuck. It says 200 Gifts are needed, but the limit is apparently only 150. Wow.

OK, so I guess there's no point rushing things just yet. I'll work through slowly and wait for the patches.
  • 0Brooders0
    2079 posts Member
    Why on earth would you rush to finish this mini event when there's been nothing new for ages?! :/
  • OhHappyJays
    1530 posts Member
    We may have a HUGE problem.
    Part 3.

OK, so I guess there's no point rushing things just yet. I'll work through slowly and wait for the patches.
    Okay, manually sending the characters on the currency task gets past the sticky part. Then you can rush the tasks once that happens.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Why on earth would you rush to finish this mini event when there's been nothing new for ages?! :/
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

Ha ha, no doubt. I’m going to try to stretch this out for two weeks!
  • OhHappyJays
    1530 posts Member

I'm going to be busy this week. I don't want to juggle both work and this mini event. So, if I get it done immediately, I don't have to worry and I can go straight back into donut farming.
  • stinkbugger
    1948 posts Member
    Being able to zoom out again for the first time in months and months is a bit disorienting.

I'm finally getting a decent look at all these huge items I got via the Yearbook Box.

The faster we finish, the sooner we can get back to complaining about being bored & not having anything to do...
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

Had no intention of rushing anything - there's rarely any point in doing that recently. I was just pointing out that it was worth waiting it out for those who are more inclined to rush.
  • OhHappyJays
    1530 posts Member

The faster we finish, the sooner we can get back to complaining about being bored & not having anything to do...

He's right you know. ;)
  • 0Brooders0
    2079 posts Member

Ha ha haaar :D
  • willp_70
    256 posts Member
    Being able to zoom out again for the first time in months and months is a bit disorienting.

I'm finally getting a decent look at all these huge items I got via the Yearbook Box.

Thank you for mentioning that.

Well I've not even started yet as the game won't open on my device. As I have remained at a complaining phase consistently then I must be winning.
  • Considering this is a Mother's Day event, this event was probably all packed up and ready to go last week, but they probably delayed it until tomorrow morning to try and iron out all the kinks...

How come they've just skipped Easter? And Mother's Day was March. Why do America have to have a different day for Mother's Day to us?

I wondered that too.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The modern holiday of Mother's Day was first celebrated in 1908, when Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother at St Andrew's Methodist Church in Grafton, West Virginia, US...
    In most countries, Mother's Day is an observance derived from the holiday as it has evolved in the United States, promoted by companies who saw benefit in making it popular...
    While the United States holiday was adopted by some other countries, existing celebrations, held on different dates, honoring motherhood have become described as "Mother's Day", such as Mothering Sunday in the United Kingdom...

In that case we should all be having the same date as America then.