EA Forums - Banner

Renting DVR from my cable company too expensive! 😣

BlauMuj
123 posts Member
I've been searching everywhere for a DVR to purchase instead of renting one from my cable company. A nice customer service person at crutchfield.com who said they didn't carry DVRs suggested TiVo. Not sure if TiVo would work for me. No store within a 100 miles of me carries DVR. What's up with that? Am I missing something? Previously I had a tiny cable box provided by my cable company hooked up to my TV & my DVD player/recorder with a tuner that I could program to record my shows off the TV. The DVD player/recorder stopped picking up the signal, so I guess the tuner broke. I like the DVR, but not renting it for such a ridiculous price. I've put off trying to find another DVD recorder with a tuner because I don't trust Amazon to refund my money if it breaks down. Ideas? 🤔😧😟

Replies

• stinkbugger
    1947 posts Member
    Who do you have cable from? Ideally you would cancel cable and get your live tv elsewhere. YouTube TV has unlimited cloud DVR space (although the content scrolls away after 9 months). Cable tv is a scam.

As you may have noticed, there are also some DVRs you can get that tie into an antenna so you can record content that way.

Why don't you trust amazon? Have you had other problems returning items to them?

• BlauMuj
    123 posts Member
    Who do you have cable from? Ideally you would cancel cable and get your live tv elsewhere. YouTube TV has unlimited cloud DVR space (although the content scrolls away after 9 months). Cable tv is a scam.

As you may have noticed, there are also some DVRs you can get that tie into an antenna so you can record content that way.

Why don't you trust amazon? Have you had other problems returning items to them?

Thanks for all of the good info. Haven't had trouble with returning items to Amazon, so maybe I will purchase one from them making sure the seller has good reviews. 😊
  • cdepast
    2453 posts Member
    I recently cut the cord and got YouTube TV. Unlimited cloud DVR. wish I did it yrs ago.