EA Forums - Banner

KEM Farmers - Do You Get Up in the Middle of the Night to Refresh Your Farm?

2Next

Replies

  • > @draco2tiam590 said:
    > I used too, but not any longer

    Hey brother! I found one other person who at least did it at one point. I've only been playing for about 3 months, so I'll reach the point where I won't have to farm donuts that hard one day, but not yet and not anytime soon.

    > @GrowlyOne said:
    > No. Even when I was donut poor and it was hard to get through events, no way. That's why I quit other unreasonable games. They stop being games when they stop being fun. Also, build up your bonus enough and you'll be able to buy anything you want with only KEM farming a round or two a day (or farming RTT's, etc.)

    Getting up only once in the middle of sleeping is downright easy and reasonable compared to some other games that I've played (and optional, sometimes I mess up and I don't really lose much). Like those MMO strategy scam games like FFXV ANE that, besides trying to con you from your money, also have these events you need to check in with every hour to earn rewards so you can spend less money. Glad I saw that for what it is fairly quickly and quit.

    Besides, I often get up once in the middle of the night to pee anyway. Don't many people do that?

    Eventually I'll get my bonus up high enough that I can farm at the rate you're describing (I heard someone had 17,000% and can farm 2,000 donuts a day). I'm currently at 892% so I have a long way to go. And the more donuts I farm, the quicker I get my % up, so I'll be waking up once a night for the forseeable future so I won't have to do so one day. Or at least, I'll be able to go to sleep sooner after I use the bathroom.
  • lucienleon519
    904 posts Member
    edited May 28
    ... I'll be waking up once a night for the forseeable future so I won't have to do so one day. Or at least, I'll be able to go to sleep sooner after I use the bathroom.

    A 900% multiplier within 3 months is pretty impressive going. I'd reckon most players who've got to 3000% would say that's plenty.
  • > @draco2tiam590 said:

    Besides, I often get up once in the middle of the night to pee anyway. Don't many people do that?

    Eventually I'll get my bonus up high enough that I can farm at the rate you're describing (I heard someone had 17,000% and can farm 2,000 donuts a day). I'm currently at 892% so I have a long way to go. And the more donuts I farm, the quicker I get my % up, so I'll be waking up once a night for the forseeable future so I won't have to do so one day. Or at least, I'll be able to go to sleep sooner after I use the bathroom.

    That's actually me. But truthfully, you're sailing pretty clear by about a 1000% multiplier and there's really no need to work that hard to raise it more. By all means, keep KEM farming, and buying MB's (I assume is what you're doing, and/or Yearbook stuff with multiplier, but the MB's are your best value overall). Even at this point, you'll be making more donuts than you'll ever need to keep up with new content. Also, I assume you're keeping the collider on 24/7?

    P.S. I do wake/use the bathroom in the night, but getting on devices isn't healthy for getting back to a good sleep that is restful, and nothing is more key to your overall health and wellbeing than proper sleep. That's why I believe these games should be better regulated so that rewards that are time based, etc. and basically force this 24/7 playing should be illegal. Life ruiningly fun is, sadly, all too true for some people.
  • GrowlyOne wrote: »
    > @draco2tiam590 said:

    Besides, I often get up once in the middle of the night to pee anyway. Don't many people do that?

    Eventually I'll get my bonus up high enough that I can farm at the rate you're describing (I heard someone had 17,000% and can farm 2,000 donuts a day). I'm currently at 892% so I have a long way to go. And the more donuts I farm, the quicker I get my % up, so I'll be waking up once a night for the forseeable future so I won't have to do so one day. Or at least, I'll be able to go to sleep sooner after I use the bathroom.

    That's actually me. But truthfully, you're sailing pretty clear by about a 1000% multiplier and there's really no need to work that hard to raise it more. By all means, keep KEM farming, and buying MB's (I assume is what you're doing, and/or Yearbook stuff with multiplier, but the MB's are your best value overall). Even at this point, you'll be making more donuts than you'll ever need to keep up with new content. Also, I assume you're keeping the collider on 24/7?

    P.S. I do wake/use the bathroom in the night, but getting on devices isn't healthy for getting back to a good sleep that is restful, and nothing is more key to your overall health and wellbeing than proper sleep. That's why I believe these games should be better regulated so that rewards that are time based, etc. and basically force this 24/7 playing should be illegal. Life ruiningly fun is, sadly, all too true for some people.


    what are "MB's" ? I know blood mobiles and rat trucks are good for farming.
    thanks for your help
  • cjryder625
    1387 posts Member
    I've only ever done it for whacking day as my playing partners all lived in the US and I in the UK. I got very little sleep during that time. Wouldn't do it for donut farming.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • ... I'll be waking up once a night for the forseeable future so I won't have to do so one day. Or at least, I'll be able to go to sleep sooner after I use the bathroom.

    A 900% multiplier within 3 months is pretty impressive going. I'd reckon most players who've got to 3000% would say that's plenty.

    Ive been at precisely 3000% for 2 years now, and I've kept it there the while time. I can afford anything I want, so now I just enjoy working on my town rather then chasing the next level of %.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Willy9292
    1425 posts Member
    GrowlyOne wrote: »
    > @draco2tiam590 said:

    Besides, I often get up once in the middle of the night to pee anyway. Don't many people do that?

    Eventually I'll get my bonus up high enough that I can farm at the rate you're describing (I heard someone had 17,000% and can farm 2,000 donuts a day). I'm currently at 892% so I have a long way to go. And the more donuts I farm, the quicker I get my % up, so I'll be waking up once a night for the forseeable future so I won't have to do so one day. Or at least, I'll be able to go to sleep sooner after I use the bathroom.

    That's actually me. But truthfully, you're sailing pretty clear by about a 1000% multiplier and there's really no need to work that hard to raise it more. By all means, keep KEM farming, and buying MB's (I assume is what you're doing, and/or Yearbook stuff with multiplier, but the MB's are your best value overall). Even at this point, you'll be making more donuts than you'll ever need to keep up with new content. Also, I assume you're keeping the collider on 24/7?

    P.S. I do wake/use the bathroom in the night, but getting on devices isn't healthy for getting back to a good sleep that is restful, and nothing is more key to your overall health and wellbeing than proper sleep. That's why I believe these games should be better regulated so that rewards that are time based, etc. and basically force this 24/7 playing should be illegal. Life ruiningly fun is, sadly, all too true for some people.


    what are "MB's" ? I know blood mobiles and rat trucks are good for farming.
    thanks for your help

    Mystery boxes
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.


  • what are "MB's" ? I know blood mobiles and rat trucks are good for farming.
    thanks for your help[/quote]

    Mystery boxes[/quote]

    thanks so much
  • 8DR6QFB.png.....
  • A 900% multiplier within 3 months is pretty impressive going. I'd reckon most players who've got to 3000% would say that's plenty.

    I did spend $35 real money to give myself a bit of a boost. That's all I plan on spending unless they add new exclusive bonuses. I got most of my multiplier from tennis courts. Right now I feel the 892% multiplier is OK but it could be a lot better, so I'll be working myself up to 3000% or so.
    Ive been at precisely 3000% for 2 years now, and I've kept it there the while time. I can afford anything I want, so now I just enjoy working on my town rather then chasing the next level of %.

    I'll probably feel the same as you at 3000%, but I'm not there yet.
    GrowlyOne wrote: »
    That's actually me. But truthfully, you're sailing pretty clear by about a 1000% multiplier and there's really no need to work that hard to raise it more. By all means, keep KEM farming, and buying MB's (I assume is what you're doing, and/or Yearbook stuff with multiplier, but the MB's are your best value overall). Even at this point, you'll be making more donuts than you'll ever need to keep up with new content. Also, I assume you're keeping the collider on 24/7?

    P.S. I do wake/use the bathroom in the night, but getting on devices isn't healthy for getting back to a good sleep that is restful, and nothing is more key to your overall health and wellbeing than proper sleep. That's why I believe these games should be better regulated so that rewards that are time based, etc. and basically force this 24/7 playing should be illegal. Life ruiningly fun is, sadly, all too true for some people.

    Wow the man himself! I did do some MB farming but I got the majority of my current multiplier from tennis courts from the recent Marge at the Bat event. I maxed out the water huts as well and got all the Springfield Heights buildings that give bonuses (from what I can tell, you only need the base level building for everything but the water huts).

    Recently I've been buying vault stuff and the Mother's day event stuff, but I plan on resuming MB farming soon to get my multiplier up to 1.2k at least. Then I'll take another break from MB farming to buy stuff I want, then I'll get my multiplier to 1.5k, buy some more stuff, then 2k, buy some more stuff, etc.

    I buy 10 day increments of collider time as recommended by the KEM farming guide. Sometimes I take breaks in between (though I'm only on my 3rd or 4th 10 day cycle right now) to get my cash back up if I deficit spend a bit or to clear my quest log a bit.

    I didn't realize that getting on devices could be bad for me during my bathroom breaks, maybe something to consider. I totally agree with you that about mobile games design. I really hate how almost every one of them is designed to encourage you to check in/play them constantly throughout the day. This game (TSTO) is actually pretty lax in that regard compared to other games, which is the only reason I play it. But constant, compulsive smartphone checking is enough of a a plague on modern life as it is without games specifically designed to encourage that behavior.
  • GrowlyOne
    70 posts Member
    edited May 29

    I didn't realize that getting on devices could be bad for me during my bathroom breaks, maybe something to consider. I totally agree with you that about mobile games design. I really hate how almost every one of them is designed to encourage you to check in/play them constantly throughout the day. This game (TSTO) is actually pretty lax in that regard compared to other games, which is the only reason I play it. But constant, compulsive smartphone checking is enough of a a plague on modern life as it is without games specifically designed to encourage that behavior.

    Bang on. I quite other games when I realized I could literally play them 24 hrs a day and not be able to do all the things I wanted to. Great for not getting bored, not so great for not getting fired or being a healthy human being. I stuck with TSTO because unless you're incredibly low level, you should at least be able to get all the event prizes by checking in every 3-4 hrs during a normal say 7 am to midnight period. Once you're reasonably high and have all the premium characters needed for events, you might even finish days early for each act. The balance is really good, or I'd have stopped playing. I'm not saying never ever get up in the night if it's going to make that critical difference during an event, but if it's a daily thing just to do something like KEM farming, no way. When the Little Lady Justice's come in your vault, they're the best buy in terms of one item for bonus percent. You may not care now, but you might later when you're hitting the limit. The whales are technically better, but they take up a lot of limited water space and count as two items.

  • KLmaker
    221 posts Member
    I haven't done much with KEM farming, couldn't really get it too work.

    Spend millions, just left them overnight, collect in the morning, get a few donuts, do it a few more times, very low money left, now what?

    But have got up in the night for events and maybe recycling as well I think.
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    I haven't done much with KEM farming, couldn't really get it too work.

    Spend millions, just left them overnight, collect in the morning, get a few donuts, do it a few more times, very low money left, now what?

    But have got up in the night for events and maybe recycling as well I think.

    I don't KEM farm. From what I've read though the key is to make the KEM spend proportionate to your current IGC amount so you don't deplete your cash.
  • KLmaker
    221 posts Member
    KLmaker wrote: »
    I haven't done much with KEM farming, couldn't really get it too work.

    Spend millions, just left them overnight, collect in the morning, get a few donuts, do it a few more times, very low money left, now what?

    But have got up in the night for events and maybe recycling as well I think.

    I don't KEM farm. From what I've read though the key is to make the KEM spend proportionate to your current IGC amount so you don't deplete your cash.

    Yeah, something about everyone on 4hr tasks while the KEMs are building, but I'm not able to baby sit the iPad as I'm not the primary user, so everyone tends to be on 24hr tasks, maybe 12hr or 8hr tasks if the days are out of sync.
    So I would spend what IGC I felt was safe.
  • I remember setting alarms every 4 hours to farm.

    Never through the night to be fair.

    Glad those days are gone to be honest
  • Doughal
    202 posts Member
    edited June 18
    I'm a KEM farmer, and I go to sleep when I set a KEM farm (or shortly after), then set up an alarm to get up 4 hours later to claim/reset it, then set up another alarm to get my final 4 hours of sleep.

    I basically don't go to sleep until a KEM farm is done, because it's less time I have to sleep before I have to get up. And I send all my characters on jobs too if they're synched up (sometimes they're not). If I didn't do this, I would be losing an entire 1/6 potential KEM batches per day. I also do this partly because I get up in the middle of sleep to claim something from another iphone game anyway.

    I was just curious, does anyone else do this? Or am I the only one crazy enough to?

    Done this as a newish player when event deadlines were tight but for KEMing? Dude you're insane! :lol:

  • LetoAtreidesII
    12 posts Member
    edited June 21
    KLmaker wrote: »
    Yeah, something about everyone on 4hr tasks while the KEMs are building, but I'm not able to baby sit the iPad as I'm not the primary user, so everyone tends to be on 24hr tasks, maybe 12hr or 8hr tasks if the days are out of sync.
    So I would spend what IGC I felt was safe.

    In order for it to work, you can't spend more than your income. Also, you need to have the XP multiplier thing going (25 donuts for 10 days) if you didn't kinow that. Millions should get you a lot more than a few donuts, but I guess it depends on your multiplier. My multipier is above 1,000% now, so 60 KEM's gets me about 12 donuts on average, so roughly 72 donuts a day. It would be 60 donuts a day if I didn't get up once while sleeping.
    I remember setting alarms every 4 hours to farm.

    Never through the night to be fair.

    Glad those days are gone to be honest

    One day I'll be there, but I'm not quite there yet. I still have a ton of stuff to get. Maybe at 3k% or 2k% I'll stop the middle of the night refresh.
    Doughal wrote: »
    Done this as a newish player when event deadlines were tight but for KEMing? Dude you're insane! :lol:

    I guess I am lol, but right now I'm pushing it because I just figured out how the yearbook worked a week ago and I hear it could be going away soon, so I want to get as many things out of it that I want before it goes away, just in case you can't target the next mystery box like this one.

    Post edited by LetoAtreidesII on
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!