EA Forums - Banner

Has EA partly fixed the metal recycling lag, looks like it to me.

KLmaker
381 posts Member
edited June 2
I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or post in an existing one, but seeing as it is relevant it definitely belongs here if nothing else.
And if it is true everyone could test it there end and confirm it.

I have just made a discovery.

I started recycling again just a matter of days ago after I realised where I was on the 3rd section, there were 10 donuts on the 5th.
I've got them and are now less than a days recycling away away from completing the 5th section on a 2nd prize track, where I will receive a tetanus Station, no idea where I'm going to put it though.

So fair to say I have a lot of experience of this lag of late.

I too had major lag with I&SL rides, so when I replaced the Indy 500 from I&SL I did not include the stand because then it would have sent the cars around the track which would have caused lag.
It had not done anything noteworthy with plastic or glass, but as soon as there was 1 person in metal it slowed right down.
The search lights on Springfield Penitentiary instead of sweeping side to side were suddenly shine there... no there... no there.
And characters missed a step or two when walking like they were cloaked every other step, and I could not scroll across town or jobs list.

Indy 500 got broken then atored but it did not stop the lag.
The metal lagged period.

Now the iPad was only played with by me yesterday because it was in the same place all day, so I know the game / ipad has not been rebooted reset or anything, so if anything has happened it must have been done at source?

Yesterday evening I noticed the lag from metal recycling has gone, GONE, go to your churches ring out the bells, go to the beacons and light them, build campfires and send up smoke signals, tell everyone to go into recycling and put them to work and see if it lags, Is this a sign that EA are working on it, is there hope for us all somewhere... somewhere in the spirit of man.

Sorry, couldn't help paraphrasing Nathaniel's song from War Of The Worlds.
Post edited by KLmaker on

Replies

• BlauMuj
    141 posts Member
    I just set my characters to recycle metal and got the "lag". Disappointedly, I won't be ringing any bells, flipping the switch on any beacons, nor sending up smoke signals tonight!
  • KLmaker
    381 posts Member
    Been a bit late getting on it today but am on the iPad now.
    Sorry to hear it is still bad news for you, all I can say is, I have it goodish here.

I did have a bit of lag yesterday with glass and plastic,but not metal as I had not selected it, just in case.
    I selected metal at the end but there was no lag.
    I selected plastic and glass again tonight and the lag is still there.
    But selected 5 to go to metal and there is definitely no lag.

When I had the lag I could not scroll across town, I had to tap a building at the edge of screen and wait for it to centre then repeat that action.
    I could not scroll jobs list or at the Employment Office, 24hr jobs were effectively closed to me.

All I can say, It definitely looks like the lag at metal recycling is gone from this iPad, like I said, nothing has been done to it and IT does not fix itself, (I sound like I am being patronising there, sorry, really do not mean to be, we all know IT does not fix itself), so it must have been done at the other end, the servers, and that can only be EA.
  • I don't think they've fixed anything. In fact I don't think they've done any maintenance on the game in a while. I always seem to get the Bart screen now.
  • KLmaker
    381 posts Member
    [quote="Dalekbuster523;c-2070477"]I don't think they've fixed anything. In fact I don't think they've done any maintenance on the game in a while. I always seem to get the Bart screen now.[/quote]

The lag in general, yeah still there, but my game noves now during [b]metal recycling[/b], it did not do this before.
    Though I have not had the opportunity to collect taxes with just metal going, so that will be interesting.

Should have addressed metal lag in title thinking about it now.
  • Speaking of lags - just updated my old cell phone from a Samsung S6 to an S10 and WOW!! Feels like I am playing TSTO on Fast Forward... lol
  • Speaking of lags - just updated my old cell phone from a Samsung S6 to an S10 and WOW!! Feels like I am playing TSTO on Fast Forward... lol

Ya, you're right! Samsung is rubbish :p

Had that same experience updating from S5 to S9+ last year. Though I'm hearing from others on this forum that there are issues with the game on the S10.
  • KLmaker
    381 posts Member
    Speaking of lags - just updated my old cell phone from a Samsung S6 to an S10 and WOW!! Feels like I am playing TSTO on Fast Forward... lol

Had that same experience updating from S5 to S9+ last year. Though I'm hearing from others on this forum that there are issues with the game on the S10.

Need to update phone, decided against S10 because of complaints on here, but after reading @evilphilsie post, I'm really not sure.