EA Forums - Banner

6 Members 10 Guests online. Its a sad day

Prev1
Willy9292
1445 posts Member
Not starting a whine thread but I don't recall seeing only 6 forum members online. I remember 80, but not 6

I miss the community, and the discussions. Not the add me threads though.
Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.

Replies

• Willy9292 wrote: »
    It’s a Saturday.

FTFY
  • What 'game discussion' is there left? Without any new updates I guess most topics already passed here at one time or another. Being a new member and new player myself, I visit quite often... but relatively nothing new gets posted. If I have a question or get stuck, most of the time I only get 1 answer, and that would be a link to an earlier thread already posted about the same thing.
  • To be fair there’s been hardly any new game updates/activity in over 2 months -quite frankly people are probably just running out of game related things to discuss.

I understand EA has had a few changes but we’ve had a tweet and a Facebook post over the last few weeks to suggest that normal service will resume soon... if that’s true it needs to happen quickly otherwise it’ll be too late
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6129 posts Moderator
    It’s the lack of content. That’s why. Once this game goes back to constant updates, the forum will flourish once again
  • jaythecanadian
    582 posts Member
    edited June 8
    ^If it ever does get back to constant updates :)

Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • I haven't posted much recently, mainly due to the fact that I can't play on my Samsung S10, and can only get into the game on an old tablet which is really slow. Only play the game to complete the daily challenge and send my characters on 24 hour tasks. Don't visit friends as it takes too long. If the Samsung issue gets sorted, will start playing more, and have more to talk about.
  • aabcampos
    243 posts Member
    Just deleted my game this week. Took a picture to remember my town.

Still lurking on the forum, because it's my most frequent url and my browser stills showing it first. But soon will leave it too.

Was good while last.
  • ^If it ever does get back to constant updates :)

Yep. I suspect the game will never have content like it did before
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    Only two members online now!
  • Surfcitygal
    1143 posts Member
    My screen shows 18 plus 16 guests. Still startlingly low numbers
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    Sorry. They banned me.

Forum doesn't want me. Which is fine. I'll take my contributions elsewhere. I'll be deleting everything I posted here while I have access for the moment.

What? How are you banned if you can post?
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    I know it sucks, but it's the reality of this game. No new content equals not much to discuss. There's likely to be more interest in off-topic or showcase than in the general game discussion...

There's only so many times we can discuss lag issues, lack of favorite decorations, speculate on what event might come and what shouldn't happen, and what characters we want that aren't in there already and who should be but likely won't be. The game is still going strong, but its heyday has clearly passed. But hopefully we get new content this week, even if only a mini-event to tie into Father's Day.
  • aabcampos wrote: »

Still lurking on the forum, because it's my most frequent url and my browser stills showing it first. But soon will leave it too.

Was good while last.

I've contemplated just letting the characters wonder around town untasked until the next event. It'd take a good 3 months of no new content at all before I considered deleting the game though.
  • cjryder625
    1394 posts Member
    All my characters go on 24 hr jobs now which means I can clear jobs and buildings in one go. I’m not even doing my QEM farming so regularly now as I’m up to 3,000 donuts. I’m going on holiday in 2 weeks time so what’s the betting that will be when we get a new update.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it

Was good while last.

I've contemplated just letting the characters wonder around town untasked until the next event. It'd take a good 3 months of no new content at all before I considered deleting the game though.

I usually dont assign tasks anymore, since I hit the cash limit
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

Was good while last.

Me neither. I've not actually opened the game for almost a week now. Until any new events start, I'm not even going to log in.
  • daved7637397
    7228 posts Member
    edited June 9
    aabcampos wrote: »

Was good while last.

Me neither. I've not actually opened the game for almost a week now. Until any new events start, I'm not even going to log in.

I still drop in once a day. After 7+ years, its a hard habit to break. I think quitting smoking cigarettes was easier then this :D

I've also been doing things with my town that I have been wanting to for a long time. I finally relocated all of my stadiums into a stadium "district" if you will, and Im trying to relocate my Canadian border crossing.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • BobJPowell
    8 posts New member
    *waves

I stop by occasionally, but I guess I’m a good example of why it’s quiet, I just reached lv150 and I’m struggling to stay interested, as there’s no new quests and the grind to get donuts to spend in the year book is soooo slow at this stage. Most of the topics I want answers to have been answered already and I can find with a search, so there’s little need to even login never mind interact.

The forum is a victim of its own success, what do you give the forum that has everything? Nothing, you just take because there’s nothing left to give.
  • There is a problem with the forum being at a pace of people who have done everything already. Then if you post from the perspective of a new player it's like walking in to Android's dungeon and telling comic book store guy that Spiderman isn't one of the comics you've read yet.

As for the year book being a grid I can see that a lot of people won't clear an item just by throwing down a few rat trap trucks for in game cash. BUT... the sort of items in the yearbook with 150+ donut values never used to be available for 30 donuts and free donuts used to be much fewer and further between basically you paid real money for them. So the yearbook is really a big help up.

• I usually dont assign tasks anymore, since I hit the cash limit

I just collected all the cash/XP from jobs for the last time until a new event happens. I'm at 1.2b cash and 300 donuts... but my multiplier is over 3600% so I don't need any more of either.

I can't remember the last time I went a day without checking in. Maybe that'll be the next step to a new me.