EA Forums - Banner

How dare you, EA

Replies

• KLmaker
    302 posts Member
    I read somewhere on here EA did say years ago there would be a console game, but that could be anything.

I have some young family members who play a fair bit of Minecraft and Roblox on iPad and console, and they are the same games just on a bigger screen.
    If I had the console a Simpson's game was released on I would do it, but I wouldn't buy a console especially for it.

Or, were they going to release a Simpson's type Mariokart, I would probably buy it if I already had the console it was on.

Which is all irrelevant considering they didn't release it, and anyway, the brand is not strong enough right now to carry it as EA are letting itself go.

Generally, you would release a product when it is strong and on trend, (I cannot believe I just used that term), but the Simpson's and maybe even EA are not strong enough products right now, I believe, to convince enough people, new and existing players, to go for this product.
    I think some people are getting themselves in a twist over nothing, I will be un-bookmarking this thread, the whining is just too depressing.
  • Willy9292
    1445 posts Member
    GrowlyOne wrote: »
    scskye wrote: »
    This post makes no sense to me. Why would anyone who’s played Tapped Out (an app game) care about a console game?

I'd rather have a console game than this Tapped Out Update if I had to choose between the two. I like Tapped Out but I was expecting a console game announcement, everybody was and EA didn't deliver on their promise.

They didn't promise anything and anyone who was expecting a game announcement made it up in their heads. Where in any of the promo material for the panel did you read anything about an announcement about a new game? You didn't.

They quite clearly said they had a panel at E3. How is that anything other than announcing they had a console game to announce?

Having a panel is just that. Having a panel. It was advertised as a discussion with writers about all Simpsons games up to current. As in many things today, if you keep repeating something over and over it does not become true, just annoying.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    I read somewhere on here EA did say years ago there would be a console game, but that could be anything.

I have some young family members who play a fair bit of Minecraft and Roblox on iPad and console, and they are the same games just on a bigger screen.
    If I had the console a Simpson's game was released on I would do it, but I wouldn't buy a console especially for it.

Or, were they going to release a Simpson's type Mariokart, I would probably buy it if I already had the console it was on.

Which is all irrelevant considering they didn't release it, and anyway, the brand is not strong enough right now to carry it as EA are letting itself go.

Generally, you would release a product when it is strong and on trend, (I cannot believe I just used that term), but the Simpson's and maybe even EA are not strong enough products right now, I believe, to convince enough people, new and existing players, to go for this product.
    I think some people are getting themselves in a twist over nothing, I will be un-bookmarking this thread, the whining is just too depressing.

I disagree, The Simpsons is still a very strong brand. There's a lot of hype surrounding its upcoming inclusion on Disney Plus.
  • KLmaker
    302 posts Member
    KLmaker wrote: »

I disagree, The Simpsons is still a very strong brand. There's a lot of hype surrounding its upcoming inclusion on Disney Plus.

Don't know what Disney Plus is, don't get it or Sky if that makes any difference.

I can only go by what I see, and yes The Simpsons as a whole are a strong brand, but it doesn't feel that way in EA which is a shame, there is a lot of work to be done to return to its previous high.

If a games company produced something like TSTO with the problems they have had, there would be some concern from the gaming community if they released details of a new game, especially considering those problems have not been sorted out.
    I cannot believe every gamer everywhere has thought, "A new Simpson's game, yeah it'll be fine".

Don't know what Disney Plus is, don't get it or Sky if that makes any difference.

I can only go by what I see, and yes The Simpsons as a whole are a strong brand, but it doesn't feel that way in EA which is a shame, there is a lot of work to be done to return to its previous high.

If a games company produced something like TSTO with the problems they have had, there would be some concern from the gaming community if they released details of a new game, especially considering those problems have not been sorted out.
    I cannot believe every gamer everywhere has thought, "A new Simpson's game, yeah it'll be fine".

If they announced a sequel to Hit & Run tomorrow, they would make a ton of money. People want a new Simpsons game.
  • EA only cares about how many billions of dollars a game can make, thats why they push live service games. The last console game sold something like 4 million units thats trash numbers, especially given how many consoles it was on. Don't hold your breath on seeing a new console game.
  • Wait a minute... they still make consoles? I must have missed something. I once bought a PS3 and it's been a pretty decent bluray player since.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • EA only cares about how many billions of dollars a game can make, thats why they push live service games. The last console game sold something like 4 million units thats trash numbers, especially given how many consoles it was on. Don't hold your breath on seeing a new console game.

That's fantastic. They sold millions.
  • Castiel19x
    3856 posts Member
    EA only cares about how many billions of dollars a game can make, thats why they push live service games. The last console game sold something like 4 million units thats trash numbers, especially given how many consoles it was on. Don't hold your breath on seeing a new console game.

But to them that's not enough.
    Nuking is always the answer

a company out to make a profit. What a surprise!!
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    EA only cares about how many billions of dollars a game can make, thats why they push live service games. The last console game sold something like 4 million units thats trash numbers, especially given how many consoles it was on. Don't hold your breath on seeing a new console game.

Well I'm saying it should be.
  • 74hands
    430 posts Member
    v07h54uuhgru.gif

Move along, nothing to see here...
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • Castiel19x wrote: »

Well I'm saying it should be.

Lol not by a long shot fifa 2018 sold 24 million copies, battlefield 5 sold 7 million (at launch) and is considered a massive failure.
  • KLmaker
    302 posts Member
    @draco2tiam590 Battlefield 5 only sold 7M, that is small, for such a title you would expect it a lot higher.

@Dalekbuster523 It sounds like you wanted a Simpson's console game, I'm guessing?
  • KLmaker
    302 posts Member
    74hands wrote: »
    v07h54uuhgru.gif

It might not be dead, it might just be tired, like reeeeaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyy tired.
    @draco2tiam590 Battlefield 5 only sold 7M, that is small, for such a title you would expect it a lot higher.

@Dalekbuster523 It sounds like you wanted a Simpson's console game, I'm guessing?

We all did.
  • 74hands wrote: »
    v07h54uuhgru.gif

Absolutely Spot-On! :+1: Thanks so much! @74hands
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.
  • Doughal
    202 posts Member

We all did.

Speak for yourself. I couldn't give two hoots about a Simpsons console game.

• +1; why would I care they release a game for any systems I don't own?
  • Doughal wrote: »

We all did.

Speak for yourself. I couldn't give two hoots about a Simpsons console game.
    +1; why would I care they release a game for any systems I don't own?

Are you seriously saying you prefer an update to a mobile game over the Simpsons console game announcement we should have had?