EA Forums - Banner

This Event Is For The Birds

Replies

• I understand act locked items, such as additional pieces of Monorails, and Amusement park rides from their respective events. (Although the monorail was an act prize not craftable)

Personally, maybe give larger amounts of minor craftables, you start off with a handful of generic items, bushes, shrubbery, some small deco.

Sometimes I do stock up on those items.... When they look good, but often, meh. My biggest issue is the lunacy of upgrading the crafting tier with crafting resources, you advance it by crafting and get the same result, kinda pointless no?

Maybe if you spent half as much resources, or if it was only a handful of tiers or something, I'd be convinced in investing that way, as it is I'd rather craft something and have it sit in my inventory.

Crafting needs changing, true. However I think that events need to be rebalanced, I'm not saying all events need three acts, neighbor visits, community challenges, tappables, 30 days, separate minigame functions and mystery boxes or some sort of wheel (kidding).... I'm saying introduce some full events, it doesn't have to be completely full of stuff, yet you can still have a couple of the "mini events" you've been recently releasing.

Cause let's face it.

Call it what you want, this is just a mini event.
    I like the extended time limit, but I would have finished earlier if their was a reason to.

I would visit my neighbors, if I had something to do in their town.

Honestly, it just goes back to the basics.

True, it wasn't perfect, but it stimulated the community, it galvanized people to a positive response. Mini events are great for in-between events, yet it's been far too long since we've had an actual Decent Event.
  • KLmaker
    308 posts Member
    edited July 1
    A lot of very good points there, EA take note.
    Post edited by KLmaker on
  • cdepast
    2457 posts Member
    100% agree. The content is great and allows us to design more, but what made the game fun and addictive is over. I think this format is what every future event will be. tap and repeat.
  • It could be just this year we are having Multi events due to EA having a rough year due to the layoffs back in February/March and were probably were sorting things out to get back on track.

Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • I think the event blows chunks. The content is good and that's it. I don't care how many positives people try and put on it, the multi format is not enjoyable. It's like back to back minis, but not as good. Set tasks, repeat, yawn , quit the game for many I suspect. I'm sure someone out there will call me a whiner or a complainer, or whatever, but those people don't know how to have a proper conversation in my opinion. We are not obligated to "be grateful for whatever we get". This game is a business, and it runs on people spending money, but they are not going to spend money on something they don't enjoy, so EA needs to put its creative pants on and give us some or all of the following:
    • Meaningful neighbour interactions
    • Tappables, or other interesting in-event content such as mini games, logic puzzles, etc. They missed a HUGE opportunity with Game of Games to have some type of mini game or games that involved your neighbours, had leaderboards, etc. It could have been amazing.
    • Community prizing
    • Craftables (not the sucky level up kind, but the kind where once you unlock that prize you can craft more for a reasonably challenging amount of event currency)
    • Anything else creative they can come up with

Not to mention, no land token for those without GGR. Really??!

I am playing. I like the content. I'm behind in both my towns because I'm only resetting about twice a day on average. I'm thinking that I loved this game, but I'm about as die hard as they come and my life might just be better without it, so the average casual players must be quitting in droves. Hoping EA gets off its collective butt and delivers a better event soon.
  • I don’t mind the format so long as the content is appealing. There isn’t a single item in Act 3’s prize track that I care about though.
  • bluntcard
    3581 posts Member
    I remember my first event was the 2013 Valentine event and I remember waking up to all of those floating valentine cards over characters heads from other players. It was SO FUN! It was simple and charming and most of all fun. Now it's not fun. It's just a grind for things I don't want.

In my opinion they've made the game too complicated. The simple idea in the beginning was you collected something until you earned a super cool prize. Then you went onto the next prize and so on. Fun and simple.

I hope it returns to this. To classic prizes from the show. I fear it won't but that's my two cents.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I understand why people are venting, but to me; it's just sour grapes.

You can't always get what you want. Whining, honestly, achieves nothing.

I've had great success whining. I've had instances where a company did me wrong, and emails and phones calls were fruitless, but whining on their Reddit sub page yielded instant results and what has turned into a wonderful relationship. Someone charged me $3 for water at a Captain D's and after I spoke with the district manager who was there, he refunded multiple waters for which I was overcharged. What some call whining, others call expressing their displeasure, especially in situations where money is involved. IMO, you're whining about someone else that you say is whining, and that certainly achieves nothing. So, in short, F U

N spells FUN, and that's what this game is all about and when it's not there, thoughts are expressed.
  • I understand why people are venting, but to me; it's just sour grapes.

It's easy to believe that others think (or *should* think) the same way we do... which never has been or will be the case. A wee bit of charity regarding the thoughts and feelings of others can go a long way.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.
  • cdepast
    2457 posts Member
    They bought their tickets. they knew what they were getting into. I say, let'm crash.
  • bluntcard
    3581 posts Member
    I've really enjoyed not playing this event.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • ZennGlenn
    1656 posts Member
    I understand why people are venting, but to me; it's just sour grapes.

I've had great success whining. I've had instances where a company did me wrong, and emails and phones calls were fruitless, but whining on their Reddit sub page yielded instant results and what has turned into a wonderful relationship. Someone charged me $3 for water at a Captain D's and after I spoke with the district manager who was there, he refunded multiple waters for which I was overcharged. What some call whining, others call expressing their displeasure, especially in situations where money is involved. IMO, you're whining about someone else that you say is whining, and that certainly achieves nothing. So, in short, F U

N spells FUN, and that's what this game is all about and when it's not there, thoughts are expressed.

☯️🤔☯️
    K2RjJVd.jpg

kZwLPoK.jpg
    ☯️😎☯️
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    It's better than a lot of other recent events, but still a disappointment after the E3 shambles.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    It's better than a lot of other recent events, but still a disappointment after the E3 shambles.
  • Lobes06 wrote: »
    willp_70 wrote: »
    Server problems... Fixed
    Kindle zoom problems... Fixed
    Land release... Fixed
    ~scratches head, wondering what to complain about...
    Aha!
    I want Zoloft for boredom and TDS.

Those of us who still suffer from the "glitch" have plenty to complain about. Denied a roll-back when first encountered (as were all), told it would be fixed, now well over a year later and we still suffer. Can't roll back now as there is simply too much lost...and template town is not a viable option.

The loss of the use of the "idle character button" as EA calls it, is by far the worst part of it. Also, many items I spent so long to acquire no longer work.

So before you think all is fine and dandy, and there is nothing to complain about, try looking at things from someone else's point of view first.

Hear hear.

• Gary_A_D
    863 posts Member
    I can't get into the game anyway, at least not over the last week and a half, but haven't played much anyway over the last few months. Get kicked out so much, don't hardly bother anymore. Last year there was no Pride event, which is one of my faves. Hope they have one this year. pretty much don't buy stuff anymore. Everything is too expensive anyway. Can't afford to buy donuts either. Just blowing off some steam.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2303 posts Member
    edited July 6
    Have you tried adding booze? (That was to everyone, not only the gay audience.) I've found the game becomes marginally better.
  • lucienleon519
    917 posts Member
    edited July 7
    @Dalekbuster523

at this point if it gives us new buildings, decorations or characters I'm all for it. I have no new designing I can do right now.

• I was on holiday when the event hit with no access to wifi and not much time to play (busy schedule). I was worried that I was behind in the event, but when I got home and saw what the event contained, I was not incentivized to grind for the content.

I would happily endure the long down times that used to be part and parcel of the game if I knew that subsequent events would be something worth the wait. Come on EA...you used to be better than this.

Even the wheel sounds more exciting.
  • I was on holiday when the event hit with no access to wifi and not much time to play (busy schedule). I was worried that I was behind in the event, but when I got home and saw what the event contained, I was not incentivized to grind for the content.

I would happily endure the long down times that used to be part and parcel of the game if I knew that subsequent events would be something worth the wait. Come on EA...you used to be better than this.

Even the wheel sounds more exciting.

The event feels like a phone-in.