EA Forums - Banner

This Event Is For The Birds

1235Next

Replies

• johncolombo
    11005 posts Senior Moderator
    why don't we have a furry event?
    https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/07/anthrocon-furry-convention-pittsburgh-schedule/
    it's this weekend and the largest furry event in the world. :o
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • why don't we have a furry event?
    https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/07/anthrocon-furry-convention-pittsburgh-schedule/
    it's this weekend and the largest furry event in the world. :o

Why not just incorporate it into a standard event?
  • Have you tried adding booze? (That was to everyone, not only the gay audience.) I've found the game becomes marginally better.

Alcohol rarely improves anything, just gives people a warped perspective.
  • Have you tried adding booze? (That was to everyone, not only the gay audience.) I've found the game becomes marginally better.

Alcohol rarely improves anything, just gives people a warped perspective.

Well yes.. hence the improvement.
  • EA_Mai
    10 posts Community Manager
    I've removed some comments from this thread - let's remember political or religious discussions don't belong on the forums. Please, respect each other and keep the discussion about the game.
  • Ok, so I've been blabbing and not adding to it.

Here's the dealio.

It had potential. A word I hate. See potential simply means "it can be", it however did not live up to that potential.

My suggestion?

For starters, obviously you needed the three act style, you needed wandering tappables possibly Kids playing handheld game systems, and some teens doing the same possibly on their phones.

Second, stick with what worked: The additional SuperFriend

My idea: Keep the game tournament, however introduce all the Super Friends, perhaps keep The Detonator as Act I prize, but afterwards Act II and Act III should have one Super Friend each, with the last one being premium only (cause EA).

Plot wise?
    Make Database behind it all, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Mapple team and The SuperFriend team aren't the same right?

Report Card didn't seem like a good "villain".

However twist that idea, make Database the Villain behind it all. In his questline he was able to manipulate the game in a meta manner.

Make the whole event a way to take the SuperFriends out of the void while placing all the other characters into the void, a la JUMANJII. Seriously it writes itself.

While people hated Tapball, it had an interesting game mechanic, it would have worked in this event as well (it was used in Superheroes II) You could have generic NPCs as enemies.

The story could've been fleshed out, and I would have enjoyed some kinda of weird "old person tries to be relevant but fails", you could have had Abe Simpson or The Rich Texan try to Play Duck Hunt, but instead end up shooting actual ducks.

You could have introduced 3D Homer as well....

The problem? A SuperFriends event would have been great, but they needed to be released as a group, just like the College Trio.

Listen, EA has had some good ideas.

The Halloween event with wandering monsters gives me hope for an Attack of the 20 FT eyesores event, yet instead they go the minievent route.

Minievents are ok.

AFTER a large event. Does the Event take 30+ Days? Is the event large enough that it requires a large Store download? Does it feature Neighbor Visits, or a manner of earning event currency without having to send characters into tasks?

If multiple of those answers are yes, than chances are it's closer to a full event than this current event.

It had potential.

Which is not saying much in the end, and sadly, that's the point.
  • KLmaker
    320 posts Member
    Ok, so I've been blabbing and not adding to it.

Here's the dealio.

It had potential. A word I hate. See potential simply means "it can be", it however did not live up to that potential.

My suggestion?

For starters, obviously you needed the three act style, you needed wandering tappables possibly Kids playing handheld game systems, and some teens doing the same possibly on their phones.

My idea: Keep the game tournament, however introduce all the Super Friends, perhaps keep The Detonator as Act I prize, but afterwards Act II and Act III should have one Super Friend each, with the last one being premium only (cause EA).

Plot wise?
    Make Database behind it all, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Mapple team and The SuperFriend team aren't the same right?

However twist that idea, make Database the Villain behind it all. In his questline he was able to manipulate the game in a meta manner.

Make the whole event a way to take the SuperFriends out of the void while placing all the other characters into the void, a la JUMANJII. Seriously it writes itself.

While people hated Tapball, it had an interesting game mechanic, it would have worked in this event as well (it was used in Superheroes II) You could have generic NPCs as enemies.

The story could've been fleshed out, and I would have enjoyed some kinda of weird "old person tries to be relevant but fails", you could have had Abe Simpson or The Rich Texan try to Play Duck Hunt, but instead end up shooting actual ducks.

The problem? A SuperFriends event would have been great, but they needed to be released as a group, just like the College Trio.

The Halloween event with wandering monsters gives me hope for an Attack of the 20 FT eyesores event, yet instead they go the minievent route.

Minievents are ok.

AFTER a large event. Does the Event take 30+ Days? Is the event large enough that it requires a large Store download? Does it feature Neighbor Visits, or a manner of earning event currency without having to send characters into tasks?

If multiple of those answers are yes, than chances are it's closer to a full event than this current event.

It had potential.

REPORT CARD WAS A VILLAIN :o :o :o
    How did I miss that??
    I thought he liked Lisa maybe a lot, but that was it.

As for the rest, you must go and work for EA, immediately, I am starting a petition to do this, just up sticks and go, lock stock and barrel, as Disney basically now own this Do you want to live and work near EA or in Disneyland, just so that I know?
  • KLmaker wrote: »

Here's the dealio.

My suggestion?

Plot wise?

Minievents are ok.

It had potential.

How did I miss that??

As for the rest, you must go and work for EA, immediately, I am starting a petition to do this, just up sticks and go, lock stock and barrel, as Disney basically now own this Do you want to live and work near EA or in Disneyland, just so that I know?

I live in Cali actually!

Still, I don't know anyone who knows anyone, or have an uncle who works in Nintendo to pull strings.

They're probably just being lazy as of late.
  • KLmaker
    320 posts Member
    KLmaker wrote: »

Here's the dealio.

My suggestion?

Plot wise?

Minievents are ok.

It had potential.

How did I miss that??

I live in Cali actually!

Still, I don't know anyone who knows anyone, or have an uncle who works in Nintendo to pull strings.

They're probably just being lazy as of late.

Which one's there? Or is it both? I was thinking of actually having rooms at Disney and you get paid.
  • KLmaker
    320 posts Member
    What really annoys me about this event, NO LAND.

Major events would have land, this didn't, but then it's not a major event, just a couple of mini's stuck together, but the they could have given us land if they wanted.

The last major event, I recall, was THOH XXIX, and I cannot remember the last time I got land.
    I need Land Tokens, I need IGC.
    I get buildings and characters, get as much IGC as possible, buy land, then end up having to fill it with other buildings because I haven't got anywhere to place them.
    I'm moving stuff around to space it out so it looks natural and doing redesigning here and there.

I NEED LAND.
  • cdepast
    2457 posts Member
    So they can’t even bother updating the splash screen. 🤔
  • Too busy shopping Amazon Prime Day I bet!
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • Snakeyees
    2319 posts Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    I've removed some comments from this thread - let's remember political or religious discussions don't belong on the forums. Please, respect each other and keep the discussion about the game.

Boring 🤣