EA Forums - Banner

Stuff I don't do anymore

Replies

• 74hands
    430 posts Member
    Stuff I don’t do anymore? I don’t take my medication. Homicidal tendencies be damned!
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • I forgot to mention that I stopped adding friends in the game as I rarely visit my friend towns anymore.

Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • Gary_A_D
    863 posts Member
    I always do find Maggie, the Dump, Side Show You, and anything else that gets me donuts. Of course, I'm playing less, because, I get the boot so much, I'm so so inclined to play as much. I haven't gotten all prizes in at least 3 of the last events. Ever since Krustyland was dumped on Springfield, my game plays really slow. I could use a new iPad, but can't afford one right now. I'm in a "Catch-22" situation, so I spend more time on Twitter.
  • KLmaker
    310 posts Member
    Gary_A_D wrote: »
    I always do find Maggie, the Dump, Side Show You, and anything else that gets me donuts. Of course, I'm playing less, because, I get the boot so much, I'm so so inclined to play as much. I haven't gotten all prizes in at least 3 of the last events. Ever since Krustyland was dumped on Springfield, my game plays really slow. I could use a new iPad, but can't afford one right now. I'm in a "Catch-22" situation, so I spend more time on Twitter.

I found Krustyland was causing a nasty lag in SF, so I stored most of it, I only have buildings that don't really have any animations, like the hotel, haunted house, krusty burger etc, to get tickets, and the food needle.
    A young family member also added the swinging boat ride, I will have to make sure he doesn't add any more.

One time I had all the animations going while it was in SF, Viking Boat swinging, Scratchy ride going round, Food Needle, Hotel, Water Park, Tooth Chipper, the whole lot was going, but not a single character was in any of them. Some of them run if they're occupied, some don't, but I had all of them and it really slowed everything down, I felt it must be a glitch so most of it got stored.

It's one of two reasons I want Krustyland back, I don't care what the critics think, I liked it and I liked going there, the only thing I didn't like about KL was a lack of content.

But it will never be in my Springfield.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    Stuff I don't do anymore

Visit friends
    House farm
    Place everything
    Play everyday
    Download new events
    Play the game

Are you out for good?

No, but I've broken the habit of having to play daily and every event. I haven't logged in for a month and honestly I've enjoyed the break. If the next event is good ( and sounds like it might be ) I'll play. If not I'll wait.

You know, I completely understand this. The game isn't as addictive as it once was. Maybe that's a good thing.

I don't have a massive multiplier. I've made it a goal to get everything in the yearbook but I'm doing it piecemeal. I'm working to keep up my donut stash but that's really all that compels me to play. My town is a mess and maybe someday I'll get to organizing it but I don't feel compelled at the moment.

I'm working on real life issues and feeling slightly accomplished right now.
  • cjryder625
    1394 posts Member
    yes I've cracked the addiction. I come in here daily to see if anything is going on but that is about all.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • cjryder625 wrote: »
    yes I've cracked the addiction. I come in here daily to see if anything is going on but that is about all.

Me too. Slowly but surely I’ve stopped doing things in the game before now stopping altogether.

Daily play over a long period of time is not an easy habit to break. Once broken, I’m not sure how readily players will pick up where they left off.

A great event might be enough to bring me back in, but having waited months for the last underwhelming event I wonder if that was the last straw for a lot of people.
  • The game is terminal. It's been on life support for many many months now. It could be next month or maybe it hangs on for another year. The writing has been on the wall for a while.

It's just criminal how EA is going to let this go down. Instead of going out with a big bang and letting us have our fond memories with a grand finale of sorts, we were left twisting like a fart in the wind. It seems more and more likely that the neglect was nothing more than a tactic to thin the ranks and justify pulling the plug.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • The game is terminal. It's been on life support for many many months now. It could be next month or maybe it hangs on for another year. The writing has been on the wall for a while.

It's just criminal how EA is going to let this go down. Instead of going out with a big bang and letting us have our fond memories with a grand finale of sorts, we were left twisting like a fart in the wind. It seems more and more likely that the neglect was nothing more than a tactic to thin the ranks and justify pulling the plug.

I was one of those who thought the long gap between events was more likely down to EA resolving build issues and preparing for a kick-**** event rather than winding the game down like a lot of people here were saying. Turns out they were right.

• I've started to just go on every few days now because there's just nothing to do.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • I have so many donuts that I just bought 15 whales from the Vault just to use up some of them.

And yet I still play the stupid Maggie game! :/
  • Things I still do.

Design areas in my town and post pictures on the show case.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/246219/overlook-hotel/p1?new=1
  • bluntcard
    3582 posts Member
    Looking forward to Halloween and the holidays. Always a fun tradition. But this feels like it’s winding down, for sure. Can’t go on forever I guess. But, this Flanders mini event was great and up to par so who knows. My fear is I’ll simply forget to play and move on.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • jaythecanadian
    582 posts Member
    edited July 27
    I think EA is starting to get back to the normal constant updates between events as the Flander's Reunion event (update info was a a day late to hit server) came right after the multi event....I hope lol We'll see what happens next Tuesday if we get any update info on the next event (unless its a teaser for the major event the following week after this week coming).
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • KLmaker
    310 posts Member
    Playing major events?
    Four mini's stuck together is not the same thing, other than that, everything I have done before... I am still doing.
  • empathy77
    4134 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Stuff I don't do anymore.....
    frequent the forum (used to be very lively)
    giphy.gif
  • No point there is nothing to discuss. Gameplay is recycling jobs every four hours so no strategy to finesse. Game is being run down so no good guessing what future updates might bring likewise no good requesting future content as we won’t get it.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • :( Sad times
  • I’ve stopped playing the game. By boring us players so much that we leave off playing, the game can be slowly shutdown and nobody will care.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • johncolombo
    11004 posts Senior Moderator
    Like the quantum tunnel and the portal to Rigel 7, to make it look like the car disappears into nothingness. I added the black hole to further the image.

I love this idea and may borrow it.

Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ