EA Forums - Banner

Stranger Things Season 3

johncolombo
11004 posts Senior Moderator
I binged it yesterday. Anyone else? I liked it but now wished I hadn't watched it all so quickly as I now need to watch it again. I have lot's to say about it but don't want to spoil yet.
Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ

Replies

• 168sean168
    3121 posts Member
    The scenes when 11 goes into the dark world to spy on others reminded me of the world used in Under the Skin.
    The hunter working for the Russians is clearly a Terminator parody
  • stinkbugger
    1949 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    parody

It's not a "parody", it's just one of the countless references to 80s movies.
  • I really enjoyed it. Very fun season start to finish. I even made up a Stranger Things drinking game. You take a shot every time someone saves some one else just in the nick of time to prevent their death. On second thought that's a bad idea. No one should drink that much. :)
  • 168sean168
    3121 posts Member
    Hooper the police chief? Sacrificing himself feels a bit off for me. How would he know that there is no more time to spare? He could have rushed back to the control room
  • ^^^That's what I was thinking too Sean
  • johncolombo
    edited July 10
    Hooper the police chief? Sacrificing himself feels a bit off for me. How would he know that there is no more time to spare? He could have rushed back to the control room
    I think I read that the door automatically sealed. Also I believe him to be the "american" in that locked room in Russia. There was more story after the credits started rolling
    Post edited by johncolombo on
  • That's what I thought too John.
    If we've learnt nothing else from MCU it's to stay till the end of the credits!
  • 168sean168
    3121 posts Member
    Yes @johncolombo. I agree with the after credits analysis
  • KLmaker
    302 posts Member
    edited July 23
    The scenes when 11 goes into the dark world to spy on others reminded me of the world used in Under the Skin.

This Under The Skin you mention, is that the film with Scarlett Johansson who is tricking men into her van and they disappear in a black room in a building? I didn't see all of it but I did not get the impression Russians were involved, or is it same name for something else?
    Or am I completely missing something here.
  • KLmaker wrote: »

This Under The Skin you mention, is that the film with Scarlett Johansson who is tricking men into her van and they disappear in a black room in a building? I didn't see all of it but I did not get the impression Russians were involved, or is it same name for something else?
    Or am I completely missing something here.

Yes this is the one. When watching Stranger Things dark room scenes, I am reminded of Under the Skin. If you watched through the whole film, it also has that scary dark room scenes
  • KLmaker
    302 posts Member
    @168sean168 I watched up to the point where she is in a restaurant trying to eat and some bloke had escaped.
    I thought she was either a mutant or an alien, I had work in the morning and the film was a bit heavy going trying to understand it so I went to bed. Reading your post it sounded like Russians were involved? or did I misread that?

• 168sean168
    3121 posts Member
    KLmaker wrote: »
    @168sean168 I watched up to the point where she is in a restaurant trying to eat and some bloke had escaped.
    I thought she was either a mutant or an alien, I had work in the morning and the film was a bit heavy going trying to understand it so I went to bed. Reading your post it sounded like Russians were involved? or did I misread that?

I mean just the surreal dark universe scene. It is the most scary part in the film. Yes that film needs a lot of patience to sit through. But surprisingly both my friend and I like it.
  • Did anyone go full Fanboy/girl and order any Stranger Things merch or New Coke from the online store? *raises hand*
  • johncolombo
    suznstl635 wrote: »
    Did anyone go full Fanboy/girl and order any Stranger Things merch or New Coke from the online store? *raises hand*

no but I was intrigued by the Lego set.
    ehcwe8ndpnin.jpg
  • someonewashere
    1681 posts Member
    edited July 27
    gq65kYD.gif

Feels man