EA Forums - Banner

Following the Springfield Guide

Replies

• Thanks @EllieGuseman and @Djudge999
    So I want to keep a few strips free at the top and right of the screen to place non SF items (multipliers and buildings not in SF). That's why I think the last map you updated WILL work for me if it's not counting the new land.
    But why do the bottom 3 strips of water/land appear bigger than the other squares on the map? And is one strip of land equal to 4 cement squares?
  • I wanted to keep the strip that is on the beach in the same place. I'll look at it for the next map. :)
  • rockyb2006
    787 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I wanted to keep the strip that is on the beach in the same place. I'll look at it for the next map. :)
    It's no bother, just something I noticed. :smile:

I'm going to try your checkboard method. Am I seeing it right, that it's 4 cement tiles wide?
  • Yep. 4x4.
  • I've located 2 of the newly released buildings on the map. "Turn Your Head and Coif" is located just South of Veteran's Park. "Ye Olde Off Ramp Inn" is located just NW of the Sleep-Eazy Motel. The Old Simpson Farm was re-released as well.
  • seven43861 wrote: »
    I've located 2 of the newly released buildings on the map. "Turn Your Head and Coif" is located just South of Veteran's Park. "Ye Olde Off Ramp Inn" is located just NW of the Sleep-Eazy Motel. The Old Simpson Farm was re-released as well.

Thank you. I had missed Turn Your Head and Coif. Also, the Vault brought me the Springfield Museum of Natural History, so good week for mapping.
  • 11EEvey
    2833 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    deleted
    Post edited by 11EEvey on
  • Great job @EllieGuseman
  • Springfield Fairgrounds is on the far right of the map just north of the airport and Little Black Box. County Fair event items could be placed there.
  • Great idea, @Abedunk34 !
  • Found one! Rock n Roll Fantasy Camp is above Santa's Village.

@EllieGuseman , thanks again for your hard work. :smile:
  • Djudge999
    222 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Thanks @rockyb2006 , but how do you expect me to squeeze Praiseland, Santa's Village AND a Rock and Roll Camp into this corner. I'm just one Tapper!

*Goes off to make room beside the National Forest*
  • You can do it, padawan! And @rockyb2006 , that's funny I didn't circle that because I looked on the map and put it there. I will fix in the next map I do. Thanks :)
  • @Abedunk34 , that was a great idea that I have now put in my SF.
    @Djudge999 , lol, my Fantasy Camp is super duper small! I had just enough space to put the sign and cabin in my (let's say 90%) newly modified SF. Yourself and @EllieGuseman should check it out when I'm finished. My goal is to be done by Tuesday, before Halloween drops. I'll let you guys know.
  • @rockyb2006 I took a quick visit today and it's looking good. I can't wait to see the "finished" product.
  • Does anyone see a good use for Springfield Opry House and/or Beer N Brawl? I'm tempted to get them before the event ends and BNB is no longer in the discount vault. However, I'm not seeing a place on the map that they will fill in to justify the donuts.
  • @Djudge999 , well, I put the opera house at the very top middle of the map where the Amphitheater is supposed to be. Right above Honest Johns Computers. But now I think I need to put either the Outdoor Stage, or the Open Air Stage there instead. I normally have both Stages right by the Springfield Bowl.

An Amphitheater is an "open-air venue". So I think I'm going to move the Open Air Stage there....hmm...maybe the OA Stage IS the Amphitheater?

In any case, I am going to put the opera stage right next to the SF bowl. Glad you brought this up. I wonder if anyone can confirm if the OA stage is the theater?
  • @rockyb2006 The Springfield Amphitheatre is in the game and it is an open-air concept.
  • @Djudge999 , yes, I have the open-air stage. But it doesn't look like the SF amphitheater from the show. I'm putting it there anyway since, as you said, they are the same concept.

Also, I decided to not include the opera house in my SF. Firstly, I have no room for where I wanted to put it now that I have the Open-Air stage where it was. So now it sits in my "building dumping ground" over in SF Heights.
  • rockyb2006
    787 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @EllieGuseman @Djudge999 , well, I am finally finished with my "adjusted" SF. I worked for a few weeks on it. I have 1 strip of land free on the right side. The top is another story. I needed 3+ rows to leave any items that I didn't want in my SF. All I can say is that it's pretty tight at the top. The one bad thing about adjusting, is that now I have minimal space for events. And typically if items that come out aren't in SF, I put them "outside" of SF, which I have very little space. However....

I am very satisfied with my finished product! It's funny, because the parts of SF I dreaded the most in changing around because of detail and time, ended up being some of my favorite things. I'm gonna list some of the areas that I think are worth checking out if you are interested. But before that, just so you know, my SF heights is a dumping ground for items I don't want in SF, so it's a mess. Also, I ended up putting some buildings in SF that aren't on the map, just to fill in gaps (There are a lot! and I still have gaps left over! This is good if they actually release buildings located on the map.)

The whole left side of the map took almost as long as the entire rest of the map. But I worked hard on these locations, and would love some thoughts:
    Rommelwood
    Springfield Country Club
    Cemetery
    SF University

I did some changes from the map where Cletus' house is. I added a corn/wheat field which I'm really excited about. But I have to wait for the crops every 3 hours to finish it up. You can see what I'm going for if you check it out. I also was able to fit in Praiseland, Santa's Village, AND RocknRoll Camp, without it looking too smashed together! And the SF dam looks pretty nice as well.

The upper north east of the map has a drive-in theater. I decided to place the stages here. I added Future Maggie's stage here as well. I don't like the look of it, but I hated having future Maggie always way off in a corner not in the town. The rest of the stage areas looks good imo.

This is all I can think of right now. I welcome any input that may improve on what I have done. Thanks for reading!