EA Forums - Banner

Following the Springfield Guide

Replies

• Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    OCD is OCD.
    Nice to see you after all this time @Bravewall . i thought something bad happened to you.
    Far from it. Life has gotten drastically better. I quit my sales job, drove across the country, and now I work in film and television. Unfortunately I was too busy and too focused on survival to keep up with the updates. But I can at least say a lot of people on set used to play this game whenever they get a chance to slink away somewhere and hide. Many probably still do.
    Yeah that land in SH is a sore spot. The game has changed a bit since you were last here.
    I can only imagine. Looks like a hell of a lot of new land to the north east. I hope you have been given more chances since the monorail event to buy more rail tracks. I barely had enough pieces to cover the loop, back when the map was much smaller. What happened to Krustyland? Did they bring all those pieces over to the main map?
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    rockyb2006 wrote: »
    @Bravewall what a surprise to have you check in! When I first started following the guide (I want to say it was 2015), I actually pulled up your SF on my desktop and copied your layout square by square EXACTLY. I’m talking a 100% copy of every item where you had it, lol.

And @EllieGuseman is really the one to thank. I feel like I’m just along for the ride. Any time I need a new land graph layout, or an updated map with in game content, Ellie gets it done.
    That's amazing. This whole time I've been away, I kind of hoped someone would take the reigns on this. I wasn't sure though, because updating the grid on that guide takes serious time. And that is before you even get to change everything around in your own game, which used to take me a solid day or two. Every time. Thank you Ellie. That is so awesome!

And thank you Rocky for taking what I did, and keeping it going!
  • Yep. They blew up Krustyland and brought it to Springfield. However many land squares you had purchased in KL you got tokens for in Springfield. Monorail is still the same, very few straights. But if you have kept at it all this time you have enough.
    I am glad that life is better for you, even though we missed you here.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    But if you have kept at it all this time you have enough.

I haven't kept up at all unfortunately. If I loaded up my old profile, I'd be so far behind, I wouldn't know where to start. The only mobile game I've been playing in the last 4 years is recently Transformers Earth Wars. I can remember wanting that exact kind of game, when I was still hanging out here, and I have to say they got it 100% percent the way I always envisioned it.

But its more of a base-building game like clash of clans. so I haven't really played any straight town building games like this. I don't know why I would ever need another. Without some sort of detailed intricate guide to follow, none of the others will ever compare to TSTO.
  • @Bravewall It is great to hear from you and I am so glad you are doing well. This thread you started has provided me with a focus in the game that has kept me moving forward in my design - Thank You!
  • Bravewall wrote: »
    But if you have kept at it all this time you have enough.

I haven't kept up at all unfortunately. If I loaded up my old profile, I'd be so far behind, I wouldn't know where to start. The only mobile game I've been playing in the last 4 years is recently Transformers Earth Wars. I can remember wanting that exact kind of game, when I was still hanging out here, and I have to say they got it 100% percent the way I always envisioned it.

But its more of a base-building game like clash of clans. so I haven't really played any straight town building games like this. I don't know why I would ever need another. Without some sort of detailed intricate guide to follow, none of the others will ever compare to TSTO.

I may have to check out this Transformers game. I’m an 80’s kid, so I was way into Gen1.
  • I'm not seeing anything from the map in the new event. Dang it!
  • FINALLY!! Something new from the map.

Krusty's Clown College is located beside Sporticus, near the Springfield Mall.
  • Djudge999 wrote: »
    FINALLY!! Something new from the map.

Krusty's Clown College is located beside Sporticus, near the Springfield Mall.

Nice find!
  • Hate to tell you this but vhs village and Costmo are on the guide but you have to spend real money to get them.
  • I've been reading this thread as I have been fighting with how i want to layout my town. At first I was just going to go with a zoning plan (See Here https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/242933/springfield-town-charter#latest) but then I realized how annoyed i was getting at listing out every building and deciding where it should go in relation to something else (from a realism standpoint). This map solves the layout issues for me, the only problem with the map is that it's not updated past season 15 and i'm not keen on re-purposing.

Here is a list of locations that need to be given proper homes (Season 16 - 19)

Season 16
    Builder's Barn (Unknown - Springfield)
    Canada U.S.A Border (doesn't apply)
    Deluxe Sunday Brunch (Unknown - Springfield)
    Dudley Do-Drugs (Canada - doesn't apply)
    Humbleton Pennsylvania (doesn't apply)
    League of Extra Horny Gentleman (Springfield - Across the street from Moe's)
    Left - Mart ( Within eyeshot of the Flandereses - Springfield)
    Limited Appeal Theater (Unknown - Springfield)
    Montgomery Burns State Prison (Unknown - Springfield)
    Pharm-ER Johns (Unknown - Springfield)
    Plastic Surgery Center (Unknown - Springfield
    St. Jerome's Catholic School (Unknown - Springfield)
    Stuckeys (Unknown - Springfield)

Season 17
    99c Shrink (Psychiatry Row - Springfield)
    Birthplace of Matt Groening (Oregon - DNA)
    Hamburger Heaven (Unknown - Springfield)
    Johnny Fiestas (Unknown street corner - Springfield)
    The Leaf Garret (Springshire - Springfield)
    Moeview Motel (Opposite Moe's - Springfield)
    Psychiatry Row (Unknown - Springfield)
    Sit 'n' Weep (Psychiatry Row - Springfield)
    Episcopal Church (Across from First Church - Springfield)
    Springfield Theater District
    The Cloth Napkin

Season 18
    Jazzy Goodtime's (Unknown - Springfield)
    Krusty's Kristmas on Ice (Perhaps near Costington's? - Springfield)
    Springfield Fire Department (Unknown - Springfield)
    Springfield Public Pool (Unknown - Springfield
    Thai Food Factory (Little Bangkok - Springfield)
    Snub Club (Another building across from Moe's - Springfield
    The Springfield Inquisitor (Unknown - Springfield)

Season 19
    Abbattoir + Costello LLC. (Next to Slaughterhouse - Springfield)
    Chazz Busby Ballet Academy (Unknown - Springfield)
    Coolsville Comics (Across the street from Android's Dungeon - Springfield)
    Gavelby's Auction House (Unknown - Springfield)
    Wishing Well (Unknown - Springfield)
    Memory Recovery Institute (Unknown - Springfield)
    Notre Dame of Springfield (possibly not canon - Unknown - Springfield)
    Palm Springfield Resort (Unknown - Springfield)
    Shape's (This is Android's Dungeon... Store it - Springfield)
    Simpson Laser Tag (Unknown - Springfield (Past))
    Springfield Creative Arts Academy (Within Eyeshot of Springfield Elementary - Springfield)
    Springfield Dry Cleaner (Across from Android's Dungeon - Springfield)
    Springfield Funeral Home (Unknown - Springfield)
    Springfield Monument Park (Somewhere in the Desert - Springfield)
    Springfield Place (Unknown - Springfield (Past))
    Taj - Mah - Al - You - Can - Eat (Unknown - Springfield)
    Vesuvius Pizza (Fast Food Boulevard - Springfield)
  • This is how I look at it, you may or may not agree.
    Just as we take the map and recreate it in our towns and each of our towns is still unique, we each approach the map differently.
    I am OK with items not being on the map correctly according to the show.
    I do not have time to go through and find a spot for everything that matches the show.
    I'll take the map, and use it as a starting point for my town. I have no problem using buildings that aren't on the guide and just filling out my town with them.
  • Hate to tell you this but vhs village and Costmo are on the guide but you have to spend real money to get them.

I just purchased them. I’ve always been a completionist. Plus it helps the game. Thanks for the info as always!
  • I got them too!
  • I'm currently working on what will probably be my final town design (seeing as how I don't think we will be getting any new land, and the game has significantly slowed down). But I am putting a ton of work into making my town as accurate to the show as ever! I'm using images from the show, item and building info, and just plain watching episodes to get it right.
  • Cool! Could you let us know any new info you find.
    Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Cool! Could you let us know any new info you find.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Not sure if this is not known, but the Mapple Store is for sure in the mall, so I have it place there. I think most knew this? I'll keep you informed! Oh, the weather station item is on top of the Springfield sign as well.
  • I did know those, but still good to note down. Thanks
  • The map shows 'Duff Stadium (Home of the Springfield Isotopes)' but now we have a separate Duff Stadium and Isotopes Stadium.

Hmm. I couldn't see another stadium on the map, except for (perhaps) at the High School - but even then the footprint of the Isotopes Stadium is so large I don't think I can fit it in. Awkward.
  • Does anyone have an updated version of the map with all the in game items circled but without the grid over it? I've been considering trying to make an accurate Springfield myself and could use the map as checklist of sorts before I get started.