EA Forums - Banner

Question about two Limited Time items

So I have been playing this game since 2012, but i will say i play it on and off so I have taken long breaks in between so my question is been looking at some stuff and threads and happen to stumble on two items that I would really like to get being the Lard Lad Donut Factory and the Golden Goose Reality. I see those are one of the few times that gives something other then money. But I don't see them in the Yearbook and I know they were limited time items but does anyone have a feeling they will bring them back at all? Or not really? Or does anyone have any recommendation on what to do from here

Replies

• They were released in separate events.

Lard Lad Donut Factory was released during Black Friday 2018, and cost 900 donuts, or about 50 USD.

Golden Goose Realty was released during Not Quite Spring Cleaning in January of 2019, for 150 Donuts.

I honestly have no idea when they'll bring them back.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • 168sean168
    3219 posts Member
    The lard lad donut factory cannot be bought with donuts. Needs real cash.
  • > @168sean168 said:
    > The lard lad donut factory cannot be bought with donuts. Needs real cash.

ohh i did not know that, thank you!
  • > @OhHappyJays said:
    > They were released in separate events.
    >
    > Lard Lad Donut Factory was released during Black Friday 2018, and cost 900 donuts, or about 50 USD.
    >
    > Golden Goose Realty was released during Not Quite Spring Cleaning in January of 2019, for 150 Donuts.
    >
    > I honestly have no idea when they'll bring them back.

thanks i was just curious, im looking for something new to start doing thats why i was asking
  • TheRusttt wrote: »

thanks i was just curious, im looking for something new to start doing thats why i was asking

Unfortunately, you're going to be stuck in this situation for the time being.

I'd put more money on GGR returning than LLDF, since it was a straight up donut purchase. The Donut Factory returning and costing donuts? No way, especially considering this cost $49.99 USD. And EA re-releasing previous cash purchases for donuts in a later point in time really upset a portion of the player base.
  • TheRusttt wrote: »

I'd put more money on GGR returning than LLDF, since it was a straight up donut purchase. The Donut Factory returning and costing donuts? No way, especially considering this cost $49.99 USD. And EA re-releasing previous cash purchases for donuts in a later point in time really upset a portion of the player base.

But that didn't stop them from putting a few cash for purchase items (like The Witch) into the yearbook, and that was well after the controversy, so actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Donut Factory came in for donuts. Frankly, I wasn't willing to pay because I didn't need the measly donut production that they cut from 12 to 6, but I love the building and would really like to have it in my game. Not for $49.99 USD though, which is way more than that in my currency/app store.
  • GrowlyOne wrote: »
    TheRusttt wrote: »

But that didn't stop them from putting a few cash for purchase items (like The Witch) into the yearbook, and that was well after the controversy, so actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Donut Factory came in for donuts. Frankly, I wasn't willing to pay because I didn't need the measly donut production that they cut from 12 to 6, but I love the building and would really like to have it in my game. Not for $49.99 USD though, which is way more than that in my currency/app store.

The other ones were cheaper. And technically, you were buying the DONUTS, and not the CHARACTER.

The character was an additional add-on to sweeten the purchase.

The other ones were cheaper. And technically, you were buying the DONUTS, and not the CHARACTER.

You can debate that until the cows come home, but the bottom line is you couldn't get the item without forking over real cash, and many people did because it was expected that would always be the only way to get the content. Some people got hopping mad when Sven Golly showed up for donuts, I just learned my lesson and no longer buy donuts with those "exclusive" bonuses.
    GrowlyOne wrote: »

You can debate that until the cows come home, but the bottom line is you couldn't get the item without forking over real cash, and many people did because it was expected that would always be the only way to get the content. Some people got hopping mad when Sven Golly showed up for donuts, I just learned my lesson and no longer buy donuts with those "exclusive" bonuses.

Considering the factory's output of Donuts, I don't think it's going to come back; unless in the same way it was awarded previously. Again; as cash.

But, they'll probably have some other gimmick in place of it for Black Friday.

Now, I wasn't mad about the whole issue and some people were. I understood why they were mad, but it didn't involve me, and I decided to not get involved because of the anger those that were upset were giving off.

I think they've learned from that mistake (hopefully), or the change in event structure has something to do with the lack of premium character purchases in the past few events. (Although, like 90-95 percent of the past events have been mini-events...)
  • It won't happen, but if the option were there I'd happily shell out donuts for the building minus its donut-making capacity.
  • 168sean168
    3219 posts Member
    I would buy it with donuts if the donut factory is released. Just for the decoration and not it's donut making ability
  • It'd be hilarious if they brought back the factory as a skin (restructured of course) that pays of cash vs donuts.

Would I be ticked off if it came back for donuts?

Yes.

I was mad about the Sven Golly thing, but I didn't ask for a refund, because I got what I paid for.

HOWEVER, let's not kid ourselves when we hear the sentiment: I paid for the character.

Have I learned my lesson?
    Maybe.

Time will tell.