EA Forums - Banner

Why?

Why KEM Farm? I just don't fully understand the concept I guess. I have read the other threads on KEM farming and all. Like I am level 114 and usually have any where from 4m-15m cash on me (I know that's not a lot to some) but is it really worth the grind to KEM Farm like I feel like I would only be wasting my money just to level up and get one donut out of it. Obviously if I get donuts out of it or make money it's a no brainier but I only see using a lot of money to get a couple donuts every so often. So can someone maybe dumb it down for me I guess or tell me why they do it.

Replies

• I don't do it personally, because I'm too impatient to wait for them to build, but eventually most tappers generate so much money that it becomes worthless. Why not pour it into donut production?

Now it seems some have reached the point where they have more donuts than they will ever need so KEM farming seems to be losing relevancy.

Personally, I just turn on the XP collider for a short burst and buy bloodmobiles until I get tired of tapping.
  • It all depends on your XP percentage, and you not building more than the max.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Muhsterino
    4130 posts Member
    Have you read the farming guide thread?
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/149536/kwik-e-mart-also-known-as-kem-farming-guide/p1
    Personally, I just turn on the XP collider for a short burst and buy bloodmobiles until I get tired of tapping.
    OP seems to be suggesting they don’t have much IGC, bloodmobile farming costs far more than KEM farming.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • It's all about your bonus percentage and in game cash. Too early in the game, it's not really worth it to KEM farm, but once you've got a decent bonus percentage (say 500%+, some might say even sooner), you can start KEM farming. Read the guides, but bottom line is that if you do it right, you need to keep your collider running, and put down only enough KEM's that keeps your cash level from going down. Use your donut winnings to buy mystery boxes and continue to increase your bonus percentage so you can farm more KEM's. Eventually, when your bonus percentage is really high (1000-2000%+), and if you max out your in game cash or have more than you can realistically use, you can switch to bloodmobile or rat trap truck (my preference). They give immediate donuts but deplete your cash. If your bonus is high enough, you won't care about the cash drain because it's so easy to make it back up.
  • I started KEM farming very early. You'd be surprised how quickly you can accumulate donuts.

I've been working on my percentage nearly since I started playing, and I just reached the 1000% mark. Also, I only have a few of the typical BP items (duplicated items from the Burns MB). I specifically went for decorations I wanted/had a use for/could easily hide. The one thing I do have an uncomfortable amount of are the tennis courts they allowed us to grind for...couldn't pass that up.
  • > @GrowlyOne said:
    > It's all about your bonus percentage and in game cash. Too early in the game, it's not really worth it to KEM farm, but once you've got a decent bonus percentage (say 500%+, some might say even sooner), you can start KEM farming. Read the guides, but bottom line is that if you do it right, you need to keep your collider running, and put down only enough KEM's that keeps your cash level from going down. Use your donut winnings to buy mystery boxes and continue to increase your bonus percentage so you can farm more KEM's. Eventually, when your bonus percentage is really high (1000-2000%+), and if you max out your in game cash or have more than you can realistically use, you can switch to bloodmobile or rat trap truck (my preference). They give immediate donuts but deplete your cash. If your bonus is high enough, you won't care about the cash drain because it's so easy to make it back up.

so how exactly do you naturally get your % up? i am around 240% and like i thought the only way to really get it up is to buy Premium items?
  • Yes, almost all bonus items are premium. You can earn your donuts through the monorail and finding Maggie etc and spend them on Burns Mystery boxes or premium items you want in order to boost your bonus.
    You KEM farm to get free donuts that you use on the Burns Mystery Box which has a pattern and gives out items with a bonus. Spend those donuts on the Burns Mystery box as that is the best way to increase your bonus. Once your bonus is high enough you will make a lot of donuts and can then splurge on premium content or the Yearbook Mystery Box to get things that you always wanted but didn't have enough donuts for.
    And it beats paying for donuts!
  • I finally got to the point where I generated so much cash that I only buy rat trap trucks or bloodmobiles. Sure it costs more cash but it wastes less of my personal time waiting for KEMs to finish.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • Exactly what EllieGuseman said. Pour your donuts into Burns Mystery Boxes for now. You'll get a lot of garbage, but you'll also get many news vans and billboards worth 2% and 1%. Also, if you haven't got them yet, you will get some premium characters out of those boxes. Well worth it. I used to buy several every time I got up to 60 donuts and would up my bonus from 7-9% each time. You will also sometimes win donut from the boxes that you can re-invest in more boxes.