• Bart-man5674
    1633 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I'd do it thing is there would be so many swap threads
  • mirage21701
    51 posts
    edited July 2013
    Why no donuts?

You would have people creating a ton of accounts just to get the free doughnuts you can get when you first start. I think there are about 10 free ones to start. Do it 10 times and you get 100 free doughnuts. If you could do that then it would stop people from paying for doughnuts as well and that would stop future updates and the like from happening. The other draw back would be the accounts would just get left and put drain on the servers for doing nothing. The last thing we need is the servers getting clogged up with dead accounts.
  • mirage21701
    51 posts
    edited July 2013
    I'd do it thing is there would be so many swap threads

True, but like we dont already have a bunch of add me threads to get more friends. lol I do see your point though.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Why no donuts?

You would have people creating a ton of accounts just to get the free doughnuts you can get when you first start. I think there are about 10 free ones to start. Do it 10 times and you get 100 free doughnuts. If you could do that then it would stop people from paying for doughnuts as well and that would stop future updates and the like from happening. The other draw back would be the accounts would just get left and put drain on the servers for doing nothing. The last thing we need is the servers getting clogged up with dead accounts.
    I okay. I did not think it through
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps if it cost donuts to do the transfer EA might consider doing it. Like speeding up you pay 15 donuts to transfer an item.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited July 2013
    I think it will be like squidport were items are only aloud in a specific area. Would be awesome tho
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited July 2013
    I voted no because it would be such a difficult thing to control and as previously mentioned there would be loads of threads begging for items.

BUT I would give Mae a few reindeer if I could :mrgreen:
  • mirage21701
    51 posts
    edited July 2013
    mpwarner wrote:
    I voted no because it would be such a difficult thing to control and as previously mentioned there would be loads of threads begging for items.

BUT I would give Mae a few reindeer if I could :mrgreen:

I am not sure what kind of control it would really take other than if this is a unique item and your town already has it then you cannot receive that item from your friend. Unless you are thinking of something I am not.

I am more thinking of a gift/package icon next to your friends name in the friends screen. From there you see a list of buildings, people, decorations, and skins that you have already in your town. You check the box next to the items you want to send to your friend and then click OK or whatever it would be and they go to your friends inventory to place in their town. If they already have that item then it would show up as red and not allow you to check the box next to it to send it to them. That was my thought on how it might work.
  • mirage21701
    51 posts
    edited July 2013
    rolybert7 wrote:
    Perhaps if it cost donuts to do the transfer EA might consider doing it. Like speeding up you pay 15 donuts to transfer an item.

I can see how this might work, but I am not a fan. Example... I got squeaky voice teen from a mystery box... I paid doughnuts for that... I should not have to spend doughnuts again to send him to my other town where I wanted him because I already did that to get him.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.