EA Forums - Banner

Need More Monorail Stations

Prev1
Now that my monorail loops all over the map, I'm finding that I'd like put more stations on it. So I'd like to either be able to buy duplicates or new ones and not as premium items. Duplicates should be regular game cash items. Guess new ones would cost doughnuts but if possible, rather not.

Replies

• Me too! I once used chat to ask about stations and two appeared a couple of days later. Maybe just a coincidence?
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6129 posts Moderator
    All I want is Lyle Lanley to be added as a permanent playable character
  • There should so be a Duff Monorail station.

We have a Duff everything else and lots of people must have a big Duff area a Monorail station would fit right in too.
  • someonewashere
    1681 posts Member
    edited August 3
    At least one new monorail a year, with Lyle Lanley finding you the cheapest, most efficient Train converted into Monorail vehicles constructed by the non-union Mexican equivalent of Frank Gehry (or Steve Spielberg's equivalent Senor Spielbergo)

latest?cb=20130811203212
    Post edited by Deadshot_DCU on
  • I’d like smaller stations, as well.
  • Just platforms that the Monorail stops at would be fine.
  • I am very glad that someone brought this out again, I have asked the same question a lot earlier but no one was with me.. I was also keen to get more flags for countries....
  • A bunch of flag waves that's the last thing we want.
  • savvycat
    1 posts New member
    I agree. After visiting friends I noticed a few different stations I don't have. I must have let them slip by before I actually got interested in the monorail. Now I want them! Bring them back!
  • My little distant area of Shelbyville, (which has stores, homes, an elementary school, Shelbyville Bluffs and even one of the many Burns mansions) looks left out. Would a Shelbyville monorail stop be anathema?
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6129 posts Moderator
    My little distant area of Shelbyville, (which has stores, homes, an elementary school, Shelbyville Bluffs and even one of the many Burns mansions) looks left out. Would a Shelbyville monorail stop be anathema?

We need a full blown Shelbyville event
  • We need a full blown Shelbyville event

Please EA... listen to this post, Deadshot_DCU speaks only the truth!
  • KLmaker
    310 posts Member
    edited August 27
    Dear EA.
    Through recycling I have gained a normal Monorail station and subsequently the add ons like steps, and got the Tetnus Terminal plus add ons in one go, and the same goes for the Mall-o-Rail Terminal.
    In the YMB we can get one of each of North Pole, Magic and Krusty Drive Thru Stations, which I understand do not come with add ons, steps and so on.

We need more big and small terminals, and other add ons we could customise, such as just platforms.
    Just as @LisaSimpsonOH and @iain51269522 have said.
    WHY?

BECAUSE:
    --- If a small Springfield has big stations it takes up room and it looks weird.
    --- If a large Springfield has only 6 stations, or less, it looks weird.
    --- If someone uses the add ons to make little stations or just platforms, it means the big stations don't have them and they look weird as well.

I am very extremely surprised that there are not more stations, in fact, I don't think I could be any more surprised.

As well as the suggestions for additional stations above, we could also have:
    Moe's.
    Lard Lad.
    Church / Flanders.
    SFH.
    Itchy & Scratchy, but nothing like the I&SL Gate because that was rubbish.
    Jazz / Bleeding Gums.
    I'm sure some would like a Pride station.
    THOH.
    Easter.
    Thanksgiving.
    4th of July / Spring Break / Big Party.

There's a North Pole one, so why not other times of the year as well.

Fully agree with @collettd10290
    We should be able to buy duplicates for IGC, not just stations but add ons as well, if the stations cost donuts then they should be really low, like only a couple of donuts, duplicate add ons and platforms should only be IGC.

@lawpatrick
    The post sounds familiar, but I've gone back into recycling after a break concentrating on IGC, bad timing?

I would also like to see Monorail yard expansion?
    We have the Monorail Yard, but how to get that carriage up on the rail?
    The Monorail just loops, where are the sheds, the sidings, the junctions or splits, they don't have to work such as animations, just look good?
    I know some other people have asked for these bits somewhere.

A working Monorail yard?

It doesn't have to work in detail, I imagine that would cause some really horrible lag, but we could position the buildings and so on so it actually looks like a proper monorail.

I was thinking what about expanding a station into double rail or triple or?
    So you have the main station building, instead of access steps to the street in front of the station, it has steps coming up from inside with rain covers over the top then a second monorail track, then platform, then access steps to the street in front of that.
    This would be done with add ons that would be customised to the player's liking.
    Could even end up with more than one monorail meeting at stations, though they would have to be separate circuits that don't cross or meet.

I've been looking at monorails online, Springfield's is lacking, I don't want to see slopes where it goes up and down as that would obscure buildings.
    Post edited by KLmaker on
  • As has been stated above about Shelbyville.
    I've acquired the odd building here and there, but I was surprised that there was no Shelbyville as such, especially considering how close the game follows the show?
  • I could use a few new stations myself. I'm holding over 5,000 track pieces in storage right now plus about 400 miles of operating track with all existing stations. Laying out (and redesigning) new monorail pieces is the most fun I get from TSTO. How 'bout it EA? Surely Mr. Burns can afford to fork over the $ to build his own private monorail stop at the very least.
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • KLmaker
    310 posts Member
    edited August 30
    I could use a few new stations myself. I'm holding over 5,000 track pieces in storage right now plus about 400 miles of operating track with all existing stations. Laying out (and redesigning) new monorail pieces is the most fun I get from TSTO. How 'bout it EA? Surely Mr. Burns can afford to fork over the $ to build his own private monorail stop at the very least.

Mr. Burns Monorail station, how could I NOT have even thought of that one?

I have included a few pictures I was able to mock up with the Mall-o-Rail main station and add on pieces, to show the problem of using existing pieces to do what I described with making a double or triple rail station.

6do8jqf1qs7x.jpg

16wb9jklcrzw.jpg

3r0900srz4fu.jpg

I couldn't decide which one with 3 rails looked better?
    I had the other 2 stations so the cars would move.

We don't just need more big and small stations.
    We need platforms.
    We need modifyable add ons that we can use to express our creative differences.
    We need duplicates.
    My mock ups would also look better if they were wider, be it by duplicates or add ons.
    Please EA, "If you build it, they will play it".
    Post edited by KLmaker on
  • You do it like this.

RUvbyHv.jpg

• You do it like this.

RUvbyHv.jpg

Nice.
    Now you see this is what I'm on about when I say "creative differences", I was thinking how to get rail behind the building and now I have more ideas.
    Like making that design a bit bigger and extensive, bigger stations mean more people which mean more steps, need duplicates.
    I have copied the picture and liked the post of course.
    But, that's the normal station so there are a few more pieces you can do that with, cannot do it with Mall-o-Rail though without robbing other bits. Need extra add ons.
  • Always found the mall-o-rail add ons a bit of a nightmare large parts that don't create anything like a useable platform.

Springfield central parts were always much more functional which means you can be a bit more creative.
  • Always found the mall-o-rail add ons a bit of a nightmare large parts that don't create anything like a useable platform.

Springfield central parts were always much more functional which means you can be a bit more creative.

You can say that again.
    I was playing around with my mock up and seeing how good I could make it, and I had to use pieces from the other two stations, especially Central parts as they are more user friendly.

Although, I could have fun with the Mall-o-Rail, if I had duplicates, even the main station, though not necessarily with the additional train as one of my ideas had them side by side.

A large problem I noticed.
    I found the steps could only go in two orientations and they were not handed.
    But the tall 4x4 sections can go through 360' degrees.
    Very confusing!!!
    Surely it should be the other way round???

What I would like to see:
    The steps able to rotate through 360' degrees.
    The steps are handed, so 4 positions for each of the 2 ways they go.
    And, a straight flight with a flat area in the middle, no different to the current steps but straightened out.
    And, everything IGC of course.