EA Forums - Banner

Pano

Prev1
Looks fantastic but it looks like you missing a Skyrim-mrp logo made out of hedges :wink: lol

Replies

• ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I hate the whole thing start over and do it again!!!! Hahaha jk looks pretty good ill check out your town closer when I visit you see if I can come up with anything I think you could add to improve it a little bit but looks great :D
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I really like the Springfield downs and Buddhist temple areas!

Sidenote, why aren't we neighbors?
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited July 2013

Good question. Sending you an add now.

@Skyrim- I thought I had your name in there somewhere, must have got cropped out ... ;)

@Clarence- Thanks, I'd appreciate the feedback
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    Awesome town!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

What's the big stadium about? I can't quite see.
  • rasendori5818
    45 posts
    edited July 2013
    Greatest town I've seen
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited July 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:

@Skyrim- I thought I had your name in there somewhere, must have got cropped out ... ;)

Oh rite must take a proper look next time I'm in your town :wink:
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited July 2013
    I like your town it looks really good. I like what you did with your snake logs made them as bench for the camp fire. :)
  • shakillomd
    248 posts
    edited July 2013
    I think ur town is magnificent , my 3 favourite parts are fat Tony's compound , burns manor and the town hall. Can't think of any bad things :) If its possible I'd love to have a neighbour like you.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I love it! Keep up the awesome work!
  • pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited July 2013
    I find it hard to critique a good town. Those that take pride in their towns have our own styles, and... Well, that is kind of the beauty of it. You know?

For instance, as I looked at it there are ares I thought "I would have added more trees" or "I would have done this instead of that" but even as I had those thoughts there was a counter thought seeing your choices from a different view, like- "the lack of trees in that area do make it more pavementy- city feel", basically I could find a positive flip side of the coin on every thought I had only to come to the conclusion that my feedback is based on my aesthetic and preference and you have your own aesthetic and it is totally wonderful too! :)

The link to see it closely was excellent, otherwise I would not have had much thought on it at all due to the lack of being able to really see it. :thumbup:
  • AOneTrueHero
    462 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Love the Buddhist Temple area as well . Is that graffiti on town hall I see :wink:
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited July 2013
    :thumbup: you know I like your town already. One tiny tiny tiny thing, maybe a little OCD on my part, but when you spot it I'm sure you'll agree. The r in your Burns mansion. Can it be capitalised? I know technically the urns could be lower case but I just think the u n s could equally be capitals. Lol, does that make sense? Ha.
    Feel free to ignore me, most people do :wink:
  • erik319
    642 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Looks cool, I always love full resolution towns, they almost make me dizzy by their grand perspective, it feels like flying :wink:

Some general critique, I personally like towns with a low square-to-building ratio, meaning not every individual building has roads around it in all directions. This forces one to really think about building placement and corresponding decorations, and allows for a solid and structured (grid) road plan which I like very much as they seem to add a degree of reality to towns. On the other hand I admit that this creates some limitations when it comes to be able to fully decorate buildings and its surroundings.

Finally I have got a serious warning for you, as there seem to be two enormously mutated grasshoppers in the south-west area of your town. Better get these big and nasty buggers neutralized quickly before things get out of control :lol:
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited July 2013
    Thanks everyone!

@Pantuflin- That's my Wrestling Ring/Springfield Downs Complex, you can see it a lot better on the larger image

@Pharrah- I completely agree, I can't really criticize anyone's town because like you said, it's in the eye of the beholder

@OneTrueHero- Yeah, probably should have cleaned that up first ;)

@Matt- I've been thinking about making the R capital, I think it's a good idea, just gonna have to downsize the letters a bit.

@Erik- I agree, it just makes decorating exactly how I want it kind of difficult if I took that approach
  • jacko_9997
    532 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Your squidport is looking great! Stúnning!
    You didnt just do it. You did it
    like-a-boss.jpg
  • TurtlesLikeMe69
    150 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:

Hey, yeah, why aren't we neighbors either, I mean we've been friends for so long it must have slipped past us LOL. Username: kittensmittens69
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    Pluses

Just the right amount of decorations, not overdone
    Creative aesthetically pleasing decor
    You mapped your town into districts that work well in relation to each other
    Squid port is sweet!

Minuses

None your town is brilliant

• mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited July 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    Thanks everyone!

@Pantuflin- That's my Wrestling Ring/Springfield Downs Complex, you can see it a lot better on the larger image

@Pharrah- I completely agree, I can't really criticize anyone's town because like you said, it's in the eye of the beholder

@OneTrueHero- Yeah, probably should have cleaned that up first ;)

@Matt- I've been thinking about making the R capital, I think it's a good idea, just gonna have to downsize the letters a bit.

@Erik- I agree, it just makes decorating exactly how I want it kind of difficult if I took that approach

No worries. I must say yours was one of the inspirations for my version of an emblem for the mansion :oops:
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited July 2013
    Keys1980 wrote:
    Pluses

Just the right amount of decorations, not overdone
    Creative aesthetically pleasing decor
    You mapped your town into districts that work well in relation to each other
    Squid port is sweet!

Minuses

None your town is brilliant

Thanks man!

Coming from someone who I think is arguably the greatest TSTO artist I've seen(Mitzy and Mae are right there too :) ) , that's a huge compliment
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited July 2013
    First time I checked out your town the wrestling ring really stuck out to me. I love it when people create something out of the ordinary and make it their own. . Love the way you have different sections in your Squidport also. Your SF is one I take my time with when I visit. All of my other friend's Springfields suck! Just kidding!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.