EA Forums - Banner

volleyball net is wayyy too small...

QCOuTLaWz wrote:
I have the perfect spot to put it I want one but damn when I went to place it I couldnt believe how small it is....I first thought my view was zoomed out to the max but it wasnt its just the item that should be larger

I was sorta chiding people just last week for crabbing about issues having to due with scale, but after seeing the volleyball court, I admit that I was extremely disappointed in its size. I like the concept of the court, but the implementation is really bad. I'll probably pass on this particular decoration.

Replies

• adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Agreed, little small. I have put the volleyball pitch in the backyard of the school, with some benches around it, the benches look too big in comparison.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    adruralo52 wrote:
    Agreed, little small. I have put the volleyball pitch in the backyard of the school, with some benches around it, the benches look too big in comparison.

I did the same thing with benches around it. Not sure I'll keep it because I don't really like the way it looks.

On another note, the lawn chair is gigantic. Practically as big as a pine tree. :?
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    adruralo52 wrote:

I did the same thing with benches around it. Not sure I'll keep it because I don't really like the way it looks.

On another note, the lawn chair is gigantic. Practically as big as a pine tree. :?

I've already seen a couple of Springfields with one or more lawn chairs placed next to a court. The juxtaposition looks positively bizarre.
  • Raidsmart
    47 posts
    edited November 2012
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    adruralo52 wrote:

Maybe the lawn chair is for Homer? :wink:
  • saggiosrp
    12 posts
    edited November 2012
    Its not the size that counts... 8)
  • c-rod970
    74 posts
    edited November 2012
    I got the lawn chair and volleyball court as soon as I saw them and thought the scale was warped ... But I kept the volleyball court because I could work with it ... As for the lawn chair unless I can get lard lad to sit in it it looks awful ...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • equiraptor
    8 posts
    edited November 2012
    Could you guys grab some screenshots for those who either aren't high enough level or don't yet what to buy the nets? It'd be interesting to see. :)
  • USDPC
    221 posts
    edited November 2012
    I got the lawn chair and a few graffiti brick walls.
    The volleyball court is the size of 2 parking spots which is really off in scale.
    The graffiti brick walls which I thought would be fence size are actually much larger.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited November 2012
    USDPC wrote:
    I got the lawn chair and a few graffiti brick walls.
    The volleyball court is the size of 2 parking spots which is really off in scale.
    The graffiti brick walls which I though would be fence size are actually much larger.

this lol a volleyball court in RL is MUCH bigger than 4 parking. and yeah I didnt expect the walls to be that tall hah
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited November 2012
    IMO the new decorations are all a tad off on size. I too tried to put the lawn chairs beside the volleyball court and it looked so strange!!

Why is the court so small!! And btw did anyone notice there is actually a ball on the court? I thought it was a glitch in the graphics initially. It's as big as a fullstop. -___-

The lawn chairs ended up near homer's baby pool. I didn't know where else to put it.
  • jackriversio
    40 posts
    edited November 2012
    I don't think the scale is taken into consideration that much in this game - otherwise the Krusty Doll would be the only character that could fit through any doors! That and the Aztec Theatre would have the worst screen of any cinema in the world.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    For those who haven't reached level 23.
    To see the red walls, move the image towards your left.

541f977a8eaac3a3a80ef90c4a0990ce.jpg
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • jackriversio
    40 posts
    edited November 2012
    Maybe what has actually happened is that they have invented some sort of volleyball/table tennis hybrid? It's the only logical explaination.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't think the scale is taken into consideration that much in this game - otherwise the Krusty Doll would be the only character that could fit through any doors! That and the Aztec Theatre would have the worst screen of any cinema in the world.

I hear exactly what you're saying, Jack. And I wouldn't want to make too big a deal about it, but there is something about the size of the court with respect to the other decorations that just make its smallness extremely noticeable. It's not just a little off; it's a *lot* off. I doubt I'll lose any sleep over this, however.
  • Jameh20
    200 posts
    edited November 2012
    Everything is out of scale lol, does look odd though :P
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    adruralo52 wrote:

The chair fits Kent Brockman. He lounges on it for an hour.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.