EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone else love the game but hate the show?

Prev13456
Holli537
186 posts Member
Do you mean you don't like the show at all? Or are you just referring to the new episodes?

Replies

• toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited July 2013
    Loved the show the first decade, but it eventually got so bad I could no longer watch. Haven't seen a new episode in many years.
  • mishved
    104 posts
    edited July 2013
    NO and that's the dumbest comment I ever read
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    why would you download a game based on something you don't like?

I don't like concepts of many games so I don't download/buy them.
  • btrade3
    77 posts
    edited July 2013
    mishved wrote:

+1. Should've kept that one to yourself.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited July 2013
    Loved the show the first decade, but it eventually got so bad I could no longer watch. Haven't seen a new episode in many years.

Seasons 1-8 were absolutely brilliant. Then it got so-so, then they started phoning it in.

I do think it's gotten much better the past 3-4 years, I really liked this past season.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    No I do not agree with you, but I thank you for your opinion .
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    mishved wrote:

Uncalled for.
  • rj_mac28
    15 posts
    edited July 2013
    I could never not be the a fan of the show. The game is just as addictive as atleast the first 10 seasons of the show. The quality has gone down but there are still moments in every episode that remind you how great the Simpsons can still be!
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    Holli537 wrote:
    I've been playing since right before Whacking Day, and I'm a daily player (multiple times a day), but I absolutely can't stand The Simpsons TV show. Love the game, though.

Seems like everyone here is a fan of the show. Am I alone? LOL

I think i may be alone here but i love the game proper addicted :lol: and i still like the show loads, i try and watch it everyday with the kids :) They love it :) lol

Glad you enjoy the game even if you dont like the show :P
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • sahl908
    989 posts
    edited July 2013
    Nah, I love both the game and the show.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Holli537 wrote:
    I've been playing since right before Whacking Day, and I'm a daily player (multiple times a day), but I absolutely can't stand The Simpsons TV show. Love the game, though.

I think i may be alone here but i love the game proper addicted :lol: and i still like the show loads, i try and watch it everyday with the kids :) They love it :) lol

So are EA. ;)
  • mishved
    104 posts
    edited July 2013
    I was referring to holli not you we all love the Simpsons
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    mishved wrote:
    I was referring to holli not you we all love the Simpsons

I know. Saying that's the dumbest comment you've ever heard was uncalled for...
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Holli537 wrote:

So are EA. ;)

James-Franco-Confused-Look1.gif
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited July 2013
    rj_mac28 wrote:
    I could never not be the a fan of the show. The game is just as addictive as atleast the first 10 seasons of the show. The quality has gone down but there are still moments in every episode that remind you how great the Simpsons can still be!

:thumbup:

My thoughts exactly :)
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    why would you download a game based on something you don't like?

I don't like concepts of many games so I don't download/buy them.

I like the concept of the game. I don't like the show. The game isn't the show - it utilizes characters, themes, and scenery from the show, but it's not the same as watching the show. If that were the case, I wouldn't enjoy the game.

I liked Sponge Bob on the PS2, but don't like the show. Same with other games that are based on the TV show.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    rj_mac28 wrote:

:thumbup:

+1 :thumbup:
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Holli537 wrote:

So are EA. ;)

James-Franco-Confused-Look1.gif

LOL, to clarify I meant EA would be glad she's playing the game even if she doesn't like the show, especially if she buys donuts.

Haha :lol:
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    mishved wrote:

Really? THE DUMBEST?

lol @ you
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013

LOL, to clarify I meant EA would be glad she's playing the game even if she doesn't like the show, especially if she buys donuts.

Haha :lol:

Ahhh I see ;) Gotcha :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!