EA Forums - Banner

Constantly losing connection to the server

Replies

• It Barted me and then long- loaded with a black screen, and now the game has no sound. Spooky!
  • Starting experiencing this pretty badly and perhaps it is because of the new event. I am able to stay connected a little bit longer if I keep my town zoomed in. Not sure if that will work for everyone.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Castiel19x wrote: »
    I installed the update that will start the event tomorrow, the disconnections with the Bart screen showing up is still in effect. Just withhold your money, and hurt EA the only way you can. If this doesn't get their attention, nothing else will.

Not everyone who plays the game uses these forums so they'll be spending money no matter what. By now most on here would be into donut farming.

Good point about the donut farming. I have a gazillion ingame dollars and for a year or so I had loads of successful experience donut farming. Stocked up as soon as an event was announced. Worked fine every time

Until now.

For this event, I've been trying to collect my donuts with bloodmobiles ever since Matt mentioned an event is coming, and had only been able to get/collect from three bloodmobiles at a time before Bart kicked me out. (yeah. I know. First-World-Problems).

And since yesterday I've had severe issues just getting into my town at all. Donut spins on a black screen, then Bart. Can't even get to the login event front page. Haven't been able to get in more than once all day.

Oh, well. Nothing to do but scream at this point. I'm a LOT better off than most others on here. :(
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • It has been happening to me, but only when I'm visiting neighbors.
  • I didn't used to have this problem, but since the update yesterday, Bart screen non-stop.
  • I, too am having the Bart screen at every try. I grow annoyed. Does any of you Elite have any ideas? I would very much wish to avoid "Support" as I am still traumatized by my first visit. Unless support is for us to help them that is. Teach English, Speak English, Understand English or at least achieve a good grade 6 education. If you can help, The chaosociety would be grateful.
  • Groovephil
    31 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    This is getting stupid now, you get the feeling EA are deliberately doing it when you harvest rat trucks. I can’t do more than 10 trucks at a time without it losing connection. I dread to think how many donuts I’ve lost risking it. Must be over 500 now.

Shambles EA, utter shambles.
  • I’m having this issue too. Lately its been getting worse too. Now, I get booted after a minute of gameplay.
    I hope they sort this out soon.
    As stated by others, this doesn’t seem to be a hardware problem, exclusively. I’m running the game on a Galaxy S10 with plenty of storage space to spare and a solid network connection.
    The game also runs a little laggy for me, despite the fact that I’m below the item limit. Not sure if others are having the same issue in that regard as well.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • AJtheboss1 wrote: »
    I’m having this issue too. Lately its been getting worse too. Now, I get booted after a minute of gameplay.
    I hope they sort this out soon.
    As stated by others, this doesn’t seem to be a hardware problem, exclusively. I’m running the game on a Galaxy S10 with plenty of storage space to spare and a solid network connection.
    The game also runs a little laggy for me, despite the fact that I’m below the item limit. Not sure if others are having the same issue in that regard as well.

It's not a hardware issue, there are people in here playing on iPhone 11 that are also getting disconnected after a few minutes.
  • KLmaker
    1107 posts Member
    I don't know about donut farming as I don't do it as it has always cost me a lot of money and not a great deal of donuts in return, but it did not seem to like me getting donuts over the last month, and I have to keep a careful count of them.

And although the game has consistently Barted at any point, it has done it rather frequently when collecting donuts, Maggie's game, Daily Challenge, Recycling, they have all done it.
    As well as: scrolling, edit mode, moving items, collecting jobs, sending them on jobs, collecting taxes, coming back from OS, splash screen before login, splash screen after login, immediately after entering SF, any point at all.

Considering we were getting Bart screens months ago and then it eased off, I believe that this will continue for months to come, in some frequency or other.
    EA needs to invest in more space, more servers, BETTER servers???

The Bart screens appear to have left me, but only time will tell for sure.

Although their gift of 60 donuts was nice and their message as well, (it's good to talk and it didn't hurt a bit, did it), but I cannot help but think this is a streamlining exercise of doing more with existing servers rather than getting more or newer servers, and he may come back.
  • Recently after I Was gifted 60 Sprinkly's I noticed No disconnect. Im from Connecticut if that helps.
  • Disconnected Connecticut connections ... :-)
  • I've not had Bart screen now for about a week, coinciding with the THOH event. I think EA finally fixed the issue!
  • Mines been fine since I got the 60 donut bonus. Double joy!!
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • iain51269522
    745 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    74hands wrote: »
    A gracious hello. Here at EA, we handle eighty-four billion game logins a year, serving everyone from presidents and kings to the scum of the earth. So, we realize that, every so often, you can’t get a connected to a server, or for no apparent reason whatsoever, your game falls over, or perhaps you get charged for a premium item you didn’t ask for or get.

We don’t care!

See this switch? I’m going to turn it off for no good reason... just lost New Jersey.

You see, this server system consists of a multibillion-dollar matrix of space age technology that is so sophisticated that even we can’t handle it. But that’s your problem, isn’t it? So, the next time you complain about not being able to play your web-based game, why don’t you try using a box of crayons and a cloth to clean your screen?

39yjw6ywgfxv.jpeg

Often the people care just still can't do anything.
  • Here we go again. So many disconnects I gave up.
  • CTAHE
    5 posts New member
    > @cjryder625 said:
    > Mines been fine since I got the 60 donut bonus. Double joy!!

Same here. It was annoying. But then I got 60 donuts and haven't seen Bart screen ever since.
  • As @willp_70 said, (as I said on the 3rd November it was bound to happen), Bart is back and that is after the update, well two of them actually.
    It hasn't been so bad it's stopped me playing permanently, but it is bad enough temporarily.
  • Disconnected 7 times last night. I guess the honeymoon is over.
  • Promises, promises, turn to dust, wedding bells turn to rust... Yeah, back for me as well, I knew it would, I knew it.