EA Forums - Banner

The Golden Goose Realty Thread- It's back in the store!

Replies

• KLmaker wrote: »
    The last time the GGR was in the game was January, and, (apparently), the last time before that was two years previously.
    Considering new land has been opened up, if the GGR is not back in the store by January at the latest, then EA must have a screw loose.

The two or so weeks it was active in January is the only time it has been in the game, not sure where you have got the idea from that it was in two years previously.
    The last time the GGR was in the game was January, and, (apparently), the last time before that was two years previously.
    Considering new land has been opened up, if the GGR is not back in the store by January at the latest, then EA must have a screw loose.

The two or so weeks it was active in January is the only time it has been in the game, not sure where you have got the idea from that it was in two years previously.

Think I read it somewhere on this forum that before it was in the store in January, it was in the store two years before that (apparently).
    I have not read anywhere that when it was available in January it was a new building and the first time.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • GGR has only been available on one occasion. Fandom site:
    Golden Goose Realty is a limited-time premium building that was released on January 9, 2019, as part of the Not Yet Spring Cleaning 2019 Event. Unlike most buildings, this can generate Free Land Tokens with its job.
    https://simpsonstappedout.fandom.com/wiki/Golden_Goose_Realty
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    GGR has only been available on one occasion. Fandom site:
    Golden Goose Realty is a limited-time premium building that was released on January 9, 2019, as part of the Not Yet Spring Cleaning 2019 Event. Unlike most buildings, this can generate Free Land Tokens with its job.

So why did someone post it was around two years previously, suspicious, if I had realised I would've flagged it.
    Muhsterino wrote: »

So why did someone post it was around two years previously, suspicious, if I had realised I would've flagged it.
    They didn't. Find any evidence of that. It was a new item in January this year.

Muhsterino wrote: »

I posted a comment 2 months ago on this post that GGR was supposed to return in March but it didn't because the dates of it to appear then disappear were removed from the files according to the "What Changed with the Classless Reunion updates?" post here.

March 14th Update (A Classless Reunion Patch 1)
    * Dates for the Golden Goose Realty in the event were removed.
    * The Yearbook Mystery Box's store icon had its end date removed, making it permanent, as there's no end date in the files.

Other than that it really did only appear the once in January. I hope it returns either in December or January the latest since I was expecting it to appear during Black Friday in the Gold Mystery Box along with a bunch of other returning stuff from this year to appear.
  • @torin8337
    I did read the post when you posted it previously, thank you, it was interesting.
    Haven't managed to find the post yet, do posts of a certain age get deleted???
  • PotBellyPigeon
    536 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    KLmaker wrote: »
    @torin8337
    I did read the post when you posted it previously, thank you, it was interesting.
    Haven't managed to find the post yet, do posts of a certain age get deleted???

I think there was an update a few years ago with the forum and some posts got lost or hidden. I remember 2 years ago was when the land tokens were first introduced. Also in January 2017 Jay G, Goosius, his pool and mansion were first added which is somewhat related since Jay G owns Golden Goose Realty.
  • Haven't you considered that they are discouraging you from playing by limiting land tokens? This game shoulda died a long time ago.

Anywho, If EA doesn't re-release GGR, maybe they should consider having neighbours with a glut of land token able to share with other neighbours. Also possibly an option to give neighbours things like items in storage to other neighbours.....
  • EA is becoming the Christmas Scrooge of TSTO.
  • If it wasn’t “hidden in plain sight” then why did so many players, myself included, miss it? Do you really think that the average player googles every new building? Or reads the forum every day? Really? How many people are active on this forum? Fifty? I’m pretty sure that’s less than the number of people who play or used to play this game. It’s all very simple for me. I haven’t purchased any new buildings since I ran out of land. What’s the point since I don’t have anywhere to put them?
  • kylemellev801
    167 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm not sure how anyone can miss a premium item in a mobile game. The whole game is designed to get players to spend real cash on these items, they make sure every player sees them.

Also, specific to TSTO, a standalone building with no character for 150 donuts is odd on the surface...even if I missed the wording about land tokens I would still question why it was so expensive. How does anybody participate in a two week event and miss the main featured item?

That being said; there is no reason NOT to offer it again. There is a huge demand out there and everyone, especially new/returning players that missed the event, deserve to have the GGR.
  • I've stated my two cents, yet it is still an issue.

One the one hand, those that missed it, missed it. EA can't be blamed 100% for that misfortune, this isn't like Duffland where they clearly made a mistake.

No, this was a slight player oversight, a slight downplay on advertising (I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Gil Deal)

The real question isn't why didn't people buy it, but why didn't it return.

Those who had the opportunity.... If you didn't have enough donuts, my condolences, if you had them but didn't buy for other reasons..... Kinda on you.

I've had similar things happen to me in the past, which is why I bought it about a day after it's release, after realizing what it did (and looking it up) I bought it quickly.

However, it's return should be a permanent addition, however if they do want to prevent players from obtaining it too early maybe make it level 400+ availability?

It's hard to say.

We need more land, and in addition we need more land tokens.

Those whoo have GGR are quite lucky, yet in the end luck had nothing to do with it.

We saw.
    We understood.
    We bought.

Perhaps people have learned since then, but it doesn't change past actions.

One the one hand, those that missed it, missed it. EA can't be blamed 100% for that misfortune, this isn't like Duffland where they clearly made a mistake.

No, this was a slight player oversight, a slight downplay on advertising (I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Gil Deal)

Those who had the opportunity.... If you didn't have enough donuts, my condolences, if you had them but didn't buy for other reasons..... Kinda on you.

I've had similar things happen to me in the past, which is why I bought it about a day after it's release, after realizing what it did (and looking it up) I bought it quickly.

However, it's return should be a permanent addition, however if they do want to prevent players from obtaining it too early maybe make it level 400+ availability?

It's hard to say.

Those whoo have GGR are quite lucky, yet in the end luck had nothing to do with it.

We saw.
    We understood.
    We bought.

I'm not sure about how well it was advertised on release so can't comment of if it was easy to miss if it was a 'Must have purchase' as such as I wasn't playing at the time (took a break from the game and at the time never thought I'd come back) so I'm stuck with a large amount of land that I'd love to access but have next to no chance of unlocking, if they really don't want to bring it back for some strange reason then they need to add another way to the game to unlock the land or greatly increase the amount of land tokens given as prizes for the daily tasks.
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I missed it.
    Didn't even realise it was available.
    Rarely bought anything from premium section because I never had enough donuts
    When I did realise, I couldn't make the donuts fast enough.
    I am in the process of buying the 25th column of land from the mountains.
    I am level 190.
    I will run out of purchasable land and room long before level 400.
    I really need the GGR.
    I did not realise the significance of it's cost and no character, how many would.
  • I’m at level 419 and haven’t had new land available for over 6 months... join the club. I wish EA would just bring back GGR. It would actually make all the players happy.

It's hard to say.

We saw.
    We understood.
    We bought.

I'm not sure about how well it was advertised on release so can't comment of if it was easy to miss if it was a 'Must have purchase' as such as I wasn't playing at the time (took a break from the game and at the time never thought I'd come back) so I'm stuck with a large amount of land that I'd love to access but have next to no chance of unlocking, if they really don't want to bring it back for some strange reason then they need to add another way to the game to unlock the land or greatly increase the amount of land tokens given as prizes for the daily tasks.

It wasn't a Gil Deal, so it wasn't an in your face advertisement, but if I recall correctly it was one of the first premium items in the list, so it should have been visible.

It definitely should have been a Gil Deal, that way players would have been made more aware of it, however it did have a decent run, not a perfect amount of time, but players did have time to purchase it.

If they do re-release it, hopefully they advertise it a bit more.
  • I didn’t know that GGR produced land tokens until after I’d bought it and noticed the floating icon. IIRC it was presented as any other building purchase.
  • GGR, I saw it but didn't buy it. Not enough donuts at that time but that is besides the point. EA and their decision to get rid of buying land has hurt a lot of us. That is on them, no one else. No explanation was given either as well as no remedy except for the 1/2 land tokens every few months. It's been 2 years (?) since they did this and every few months a new threat starts on the forum.
    EA wants us to play, spend money but they will not give us the tools to play effectively. Right now I have enough donuts to buy items but no land.
    What adds to all of this is their lack of communication with the players on just about anything. LPNintendo and the other moderators do a good job but I think they are in the dark about the land problem as we are.
    What to do about it, I don't know. We can gripe, complain all we want but until EA starts addressing these problems with us, all we can do is either quit the game or continue griping on the forum.
  • jerry4278 wrote: »
    GGR, I saw it but didn't buy it. Not enough donuts at that time but that is besides the point. EA and their decision to get rid of buying land has hurt a lot of us. That is on them, no one else. No explanation was given either as well as no remedy except for the 1/2 land tokens every few months. It's been 2 years (?) since they did this and every few months a new threat starts on the forum.
    EA wants us to play, spend money but they will not give us the tools to play effectively. Right now I have enough donuts to buy items but no land.
    What adds to all of this is their lack of communication with the players on just about anything. LPNintendo and the other moderators do a good job but I think they are in the dark about the land problem as we are.
    What to do about it, I don't know. We can gripe, complain all we want but until EA starts addressing these problems with us, all we can do is either quit the game or continue griping on the forum.

It's known that EA ( well they certainly have in the past) monitor this and various other forums etc so I believe that the general idea behind the winging on here (and other places) is in the hope that someone will eventually listen and do something about it, personally I'd love for them to fix the horrific bug that wrecks huge parts of the game but I've given up on it ever happening and have just learnt to play around it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.