EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    2XZSQx5.jpg

Stranger Things 3 (2019) 8 episodes. Very good watch. And a song I ever recommended in Up songs thread appears in the first scene, first episode.
  • 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    v9H5KH2.jpg

The Bros (2017) A Korean comedy with themes about family, traditions, ancient artefacts with some touching moments. It is an awkward film that is not very funny but the touching moment is quite effective.
  • 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    dIbvjeh.jpg

CSI Season 1 (2000). 23 episodes of excellent drama. Rewatching this series as missed a lot of episodes in the old days
  • 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    ihjMA6d.jpg

Designated Survivor Season 2 (2017). 22 episodes. This season is very different from season 1. Every episode focuses on different issues facing the administration. The overarching plot is also uncompelling. There are also a lot of light hearted moments and little tension. I do like some of the words used. There are obscure references and words in every episode. I am surprised I finished the season. It got better in the last few episodes.
  • 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    iOvNqqO.jpg

School-Live! (2019). A Japanese film set in a school in the zombie genre. It is based on a manga. The story is very girly and not gory or scary at all. Quite a bad watch for me. Targeted at girls and guys that like to see girls in school uniforms.
  • 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    S97aY0a.png

Designated Survivor Season 3 (2019). This season was produced by Netflix. The overarching plot is better than season 2 but it was treated like an unimportant subplot. I was horrified by the profused usage of profanities in every episode. Also there were strong gay and transgender themes and one gratuitous gay scene. Overall it might be better than season 2 as it is a short season of only 10 episodes.
  • NLmXOTZ.jpg

Men in Black : International (2019). A fun watch.
  • 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    XCEm6et.jpg

The Beast (2019). This Korean film is based off a French film 36th Precinct. About the rivalry between two detectives in the investigation of a murder. An intricate storyline and very engaging. Good watch.
  • vrIjNm9.jpg

Chasing the Dragon 2 : Wild Wild Bunch (2019). A HK Chinese film with mainly veteran HK actors. This film is standalone and not related to the first one. It is entertaining though not as epic as the first film. Louis Koo, Tony Leung Ka Fai , Simon Yam are very popular HK actors. Poor Simon was recently stabbed in China on stage in a business launch event. Luckily he is well and has been discharged.
  • YtoM1TR.jpg

Young ju (2018). A Korean film about the tribulations of a young lady that was put into a position of responsibility she was not prepared for. This is an independent film and can be slow and heavy but is grounded in reality. Some parts can make your eyes wet. However the young actress, Kim Hyang-gi with her coconut hairstyle is adorable. She is a girl that you want to be a daughter or a sister. So the slow scenes don't feel slow at all. Overall, this film is an essential Korean must watch film. But whether you like it or not is subjective.
  • 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    8bLSvZF.jpg

Innocent Witness (2019). A Korean film about a lawyer and a witness who is autistic, played by then adorable young actress Kim Hyang-gi. The lawyer is also very handsome. A good essential watch
  • tlYuCvJ.jpg

My Dictator (2014) A Korean film. Quite a strange and awkward film about acting. Comedic at times, tragic in other times. Almost Shakespearean. But good acting by the lead actor. Worth a watch.
  • 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    edited August 2
    QkEZXnC.jpg

Little Forest (2018) A Korean film with a strong emphasis on cooking, farming and living the rural life. As seen from the eyes of young lady who shifted from the city back to her rural hometown. It also has some philosophies about life. A nice watch if you just want an easy going film with nice sceneries like those you see on the screens of TVs in appliances shop. Luckily the actress is also pretty to sustain the watch. There is also a two parter Japanese version
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • la56lDZ.jpg

Inside Man (2015) An epic Korean political, crime thriller film. It is star studded, especially the guy who played White Ninja in GI Joe and police terminator in Terminator Genisys, Lee Byung-hun. I do need to play and pause often to understand the film better during the first hour as there are a lot of characters in it. This is a R rated film. I watched the two hour theatrical release. There is also a three hour version which I hope to watch one day.
  • 6Vtotur.jpg

A Werewolf Boy (2012). A Korean film with the cute actor Song Joong-ki in the lead role. Song shot to stardom in the mega hit Korean drama, Descendants of the Sun starring opposite Song Hye-kyo, the prettiest Korean queen of actresses. The two Songs got married in 2017. But Song Hye-kyo is now available again as they had divorced in 2019. I personally didn't like descendents of the sun.

Back to this film, storyline is straight forward but it has all elements of emotions in it. A good watch. The endings had two versions though.
  • GH9xXYS.jpg

The Invincible Dragon (2019) This Hong Kong Chinese film has an awkward incoherent storyline. It tries to be stylish but has no substance. The action and fighting scenes are watchable. Starring the famous HK martial artist Max Zhang, who might be the next top HK martial artist after Donnie Yen. Also a MMA artist, Anderson Silvia, is in this film. I feel that the story of this film was written by a teenager and targeted at a young audience.
  • 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    edited August 2
    QLEb2NA.jpg

hIJGdiQ.jpg

HPFUdZU.jpg

XBNl8M9.jpg

JjLeszs.jpg

jDKJuIM.jpg

EvUdt0D.jpg

F8NB9Gf.jpg

The Boys (2019). Eight episodes of one hour each. Excellent Superhero genre drama. Once I started I couldn't stop. Though I feel it did have small pacing issues like the Netflix Marvel series.
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • gTdBFxk.jpg

The Red Sea Diving Resort (2019). A thriller inspired by true events about the rescue of black Jews from Ethiopia by Israelis agents. Chris Evans is in character as Captain America again but without the powers and costume. He did a lot of push ups in the film though. The film is a average watch for me but I like Chris Evans. So the show is fairly watchable.
  • 168sean168
    3122 posts Member
    edited August 7
    DOrDrcg.png

z5ihBFk.jpg

Rich and Famous (1987)
    Tragic Hero (1987)

This two classic HK triad films are quite low profile as compared to the A Better Tomorrow series. They actually can be watched separately or treated as part one and part two. Ironically they released the part two first to cash in on the actions and bloodbaths and released part one three months later. The sequel is actually the better film out of the two. But overall it's story telling is very coherent and smooth. It is star studded with Chow Yun Fat, Alex Man, Andy Lau, Alan Tham, Carina Lau. And we get to Yun Fat undertaking more subtle, realistic emotions in this film. Overall it is a good watch as a classic HK triad film
  • NBMCj44.jpg

Wu Assassins (2019). 10 episodes. Once started cannot stop watching. Overall it has a rather cheesy storyline. It has good fighting scenes though. Iko Uwais of the awesome Raid series plays the lead. He was severely underused in Star Wars The Force Awakens. The beautiful Lagertha, Katheryn Winnick, from Vikings is also in it. I feel that it is an entertaining series.