EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• nhVCk95.jpg

Diner (2019) A Japanese film based on a manga. It has a few actors that are renowned for taking up perverse roles in films like Death Note and Gantz. The film is artistic and yet trashy punk. The film is very colourful like Mexico's Day of the Dead festival and yet claustrophobic. The direction was very whimsical and self centred with no regards for the audience. Overall the experience is very tiring and not that good.
  • Pbrvbhn.jpg

Angel has Fallen (2019) An entertaining thriller though less engaging than its predecessors
  • kEFALtx.jpg

Happy Death Day 2U (2019). It has some new interesting ideas but overall resulted in a less thrilling film
  • 7xplbaa.jpg

Joker (2019). A very good watch especially for the common people though the elites may have issues with it. This film reminded me of Falling Down, another good film.
  • GT2p1oT.jpg

Ip Man 4 : The Finale (2019) A nice watch. Though I still prefer his earlier films in the series. I was surprised by the acting of the villain. I thought he would be quite wooden.
  • RGJtWEc.jpg

6 Underground (2019). Excellent action sequences that deserve rewatching. But storyline is jagged and hard to follow and in fact, disengaged the viewers. Overall it is good for its actions.
  • I know it's not a film but, Just finished watching Paddington on +1, could watch the Simpson's Movie now, but where I heard about Star Trek Discovery on here... I have now started watching it.
    It is the third episode of series one tonight on Freeview, digital TV through the aerial.
    We only just got a TV with Netflix and stuff, though we haven't used it yet; we have had YouView for some years and downloaded some films, but again we haven't really used that either.
    Freeview is king in this house, we're freemium baby.
  • 168sean168
    3632 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    ecQz6TE.jpg

Aladdin (2019) Since it is first day of 2020, I chose a family friendly film to watch. Typical Disney film and nothing really stood out for me. I was not emotionally connected. A few songs were nice. A few key action sequences all took place at night again. Towards the end of the film, I am almost sliding off to the floor. I have not watched the animation version. Dance sequences from a Bollywood film are better than those in this film. This live action adaptation is an average watch for me.
  • 168sean168
    3632 posts Member
    edited January 2
    fAoUcg3.jpg

Black Lightning season 1(2018) 13 episodes. I didn't watch this drama as there were too many superhero dramas from CW and this one never takes part in the annual crossovers. But because Crisis on Infinite Earths is going to include them, I started to watch. This show is a delight to watch. The tone is different from the other CW superheroes dramas. The dialogue is well written too. It is the least campy drama compared to the rest. Looking forward to season 2.
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • tft7ebakbjui.jpeg

The New Mutants (2020) This should of been released 2 years ago originally it was planned to be a Trilogy but the issues with reshoots and Disney acquiring the rights to the X-Men franchise The New Mutants is a superhero horror film the trailer looks like a mix between IT and Dark Phoenix it's about five young mutants, just discovering their abilities while held in a secret facility against their will, fight to escape their past sins and save themselves starring Maisie williams, Anya Taylor-Joy and Charlie Heaton the trailer has the haunting version of Pink Floyd's The Wall and it works but The New Mutants is the last FOX Marvel film and sadly it looks like another flop recently like X-Men apocalypse and Dark Phoenix they should have just ended at Logan the best film of the Marvel Fox era.
  • jydwxsP.jpg

Black Lightning Season 2 (2018). This season was increased to 16 episodes and started to have some boring scenes as compared to season 1. Despite being a very pro Black show, I was quite blown away by one episode when a white man gave his views about racism. I have never seen such an argument before in a pro black show. Hence this show did try to give a balanced argument to the issues. This series is very different from the other CW shows. Quite matured and serious.
  • WF8Kn4q.jpg

Killed My Wife (2019) A Korean film about a man with memory lapses trying to solve the mystery of whether he had killed his wife. From a first time director, an average watch.
  • XQHJ4zK.jpg

24: Legacy (2017). 12 episodes. A spin off from the very good 24 series. I felt that the plot was not compelling and no urgency needed for things to be settled in a day. Jack Bauer equivalent character not given as much screen time as I thought. Overall an above average watch.
  • 168sean168
    3632 posts Member
    edited January 12
    lcLNNZ3.jpg

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019). Over the top action scenes and an average plotline. Almost a bit like a superhero and villain film. I must have been very tired as I nodded away half way through.

Edit:. I rewatched the scenes I fell asleep in. Although a lot of over the top action scenes, they were not suspenseful and were quite boring.
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • IxWXHgU.jpg

The Goonies (1985). I had only watched the MTV by Cyndi Lauper back in the days. I find this film targeted at children. Kinda boring and too noisy for me with many whining children. Interesting to see a young Sean Astin and Josh Brolin though.
  • IiCdiLv.jpg

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019). A very long film with many actors. I enjoyed seeing the actors and also like the production value of seeing the 60s coming to life. The actings were good. But I feel mainstream audience may be bored by this film. I was feeling a tinge of boredom for two thirds of the film. Also it helps if you have some historical background of some events back then. And yes, the portrayal of Bruce Lee is not positive
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    IxWXHgU.jpg

The Goonies (1985). I had only watched the MTV by Cyndi Lauper back in the days. I find this film targeted at children. Kinda boring and too noisy for me with many whining children. Interesting to see a young Sean Astin and Josh Brolin though.

I must be a big kid at heart, because I like the film and would happily watch it again.
  • Fenómeno siniestro. Muy recomendable
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    IxWXHgU.jpg

I must be a big kid at heart, because I like the film and would happily watch it again.

Classic film too many try to have the same dynamic of the characters in The Goonies like Stranger Things, IT and now the new Ghostbusters Afterlife let's not forget The Goonies has swearing, sexual references, a corpse, drug references and is a PG-13/ rated 12 it's not for kids it's escapism for adults making them remember what it was like 12 years +.
  • JBoom998 wrote: »
    KLmaker wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    IxWXHgU.jpg

Classic film too many try to have the same dynamic of the characters in The Goonies like Stranger Things, IT and now the new Ghostbusters Afterlife let's not forget The Goonies has swearing, sexual references, a corpse, drug references and is a PG-13/ rated 12 it's not for kids it's escapism for adults making them remember what it was like 12 years +.

I think this could be the reason why I have never seen it before. I don't remember our public TV ever showing this film. Actually if I put myself back in the eighties and watched this, I should like it too.