EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168
    3700 posts Member
    edited January 16
    dsQ3xcO.jpg
    g79BkmP.jpg

Ad Astra (2019). My brother cursed this film after he watched it. Just now an uncle in a community screening slept through most of it and when finished, he literally said, finished? Darn it! Such a lousy film!

For me I did like the journey and the visuals were stunning. It will be useful to have subtitles when you watched this as there was a very low volume narration. For me it was a That's it? feeling in the end.

Edit: A few hours after thinking about the film. I did like the film. It was like literature with some meanings to take away.
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • ltpTadv.jpg

Crisis on Infinite Earths (2019). A five episodes crossover in the Arrowverse. Everything feels so rushed. Plot is quite silly and everything is so cheesy including the actions. The crisis doesn't feel so epic when depicted. But it was a fun time with cameos and Easter eggs. Because of this crossover, I started to watch Batwoman and Black Lightning.

This season of Arrow and The Flash were slowly leading up to this event. The episode of Black Lightning just before the crossover was also devoted to the Crisis. The other series are not key prior to the crossovers. But I guess you can just jump right in too.
  • rD0QPeb.jpg

Kung **** Monster (2018). Caught this HK China film at a free screening in my community hub. The film used a tone of slapstick humour and also has a monster that looked like gremlin. And of course there were CGI rich action scenes. Overall, you need to pretend to have zero intelligence to appreciate the film. It is not funny at all though some of the choreography looks epic. Overall it was a disappointment. It will be good for background noise in a gathering.
  • 168sean168
    3700 posts Member
    edited January 22
    v0GkbOm.jpg

The Knight of Shadows: Between Yin and Yang(2019). Another Chinese film I caught in my community hub. It has some interesting ideas borrowing from stories of Chinese mythologies, in this case, from characters in the classic A Chinese Ghost Story. But the film was made in a way to be family friendly and whenever there are actions, it looks like animation. And the funny scenes were not that funny. The long uninteresting protracted CGI action scenes actually ruined the film. This is a below below average watch.
  • MmhXX94.jpg

The Karate Kid (2010). This film was entertaining and the fight sequences of the youths were good. This is for the international version. I happened to watch the China version and they deleted and censored certain scenes and the villainous characters became neutral. Fight scenes were also less intense in the China version.
  • KLmaker
    1048 posts Member
    edited January 23
    168sean168 wrote: »
    MmhXX94.jpg

The Karate Kid (2010). This film was entertaining and the fight sequences of the youths were good. This is for the international version. I happened to watch the China version and they deleted and censored certain scenes and the villainous characters became neutral. Fight scenes were also less intense in the China version.

I could not understand how a Kung **** actor ends up in a karate film but when it came on TV last year I thought I would give it a go and watch it, though not for long as it turns out, I thought the kid was a bit whinny and I couldn't stick it for long.
    If it comes on again maybe have it on in the background while doing something else.

I have a number of Kung **** films on tape, Bruce Lee, (obviously), Jackie Chan, (of course), other Shaw Brothers and Golden Harvest titles and other titles that I have no idea about, I have to admit I prefer the older ones sometimes and this personally was a bit of a reach for me.
  • I've never seen this remake but I always wondered why they didn't just call it The Kung **** Kid. I love the original Karate Kid and recently watched the new Cobra Kai series. It was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone that's a fan of the original
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    MmhXX94.jpg

I could not understand how a Kung **** actor ends up in a karate film but when it came on TV last year I thought I would give it a go and watch it, though not for long as it turns out, I thought the kid was a bit whinny and I couldn't stick it for long.
    If it comes on again maybe have it on in the background while doing something else.

I have a number of Kung **** films on tape, Bruce Lee, (obviously), Jackie Chan, (of course), other Shaw Brothers and Golden Harvest titles and other titles that I have no idea about, I have to admit I prefer the older ones sometimes and this personally was a bit of a reach for me.
    Rhinomix76 wrote: »
    I've never seen this remake but I always wondered why they didn't just call it The Kung **** Kid. I love the original Karate Kid and recently watched the new Cobra Kai series. It was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone that's a fan of the original

Yes Will Smith's Kid was quite whinny. He reached his peak in After Earth. The fighting sequences at the end was quite good. Interestingly, the Chinese title was called Kung **** Dreams. It was depicted as a struggle of the kid attaining his dreams. But the international version was more about him being bullied and he learned Kung **** to defend himself.
  • hYKy7SM.jpg

Fighting with My Family (2019) A nice sport drama that centres on WWE. It was based on a real wrestler.
  • VJxL08T.jpg

1917 (2019). Only released in my country in Jan 2020. A good watch
  • WoFogey.jpg

The Kite Runner (2007). A good drama set in Afghanistan
  • OSCARS 2020 B)
    qo9r892isyiz.png
  • PwjeU8q.jpg

Enter the Fat Dragon (2020) A straight forward entertaining comedy for the Chinese New Year. With Donnie Yen
  • oaeXBEe.jpg

Yesterday (2019). I like this film. But also because I am familiar with The Beatles. I used to watch a Beatles' cartoon when I was young.
  • c0V0ilm.jpg

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019). I fell asleep in the middle watching this. Though it did have a nice action sequence later. But I did not like the storyline
  • 4hFL6bj.jpg

Tokyo Ghoul S (2019). I like this Japanese film. I think overall it was a better film than the first one.
  • DIVwKYN.jpg

See (2019). I like this eight episode series. It was interesting to see how the blind people went about their lives, communicated, and fought. But I hope dramas could end in one season as there will be season 2. Usually dramas either didn't end well or got cancelled if dragged for too long.
  • au6TXbA.jpg

Arrow Season 8 (2019). This is the final season of 10 episodes. Overall I like this series. It has very good fighting choreography and also minimal LGBT themes compared to the rest of the CW superheroes series. One thing that always bugs me is do they intend for the body count to be so high in every episode? In one episode in the early seasons, they mentioned about using bullets and arrows laced with drugs as their intention was not to kill the perps. But they didn't revisit this point subsequently and there were a lot of killings in every episode.

This last season also dealt mainly with the event of the Crisis on Infinite Earths. The last episode was a nice one to give a good closure.
  • Uda0h1e.jpg

The Art of Racing in the Rain (2019). This film was narrated by Kelvin Costner through his eyes as a dog. A family drama and has little racing action involved. Somewhere in the middle it put me to sleep. It was a slightly above average watch for me. I like the actor ever since his role in Heroes. He has become quite big sized.
  • sIjugY9.jpg

The Witcher (2019). Eight episodes. A very good watch. Though plot line is hard to follow. Not a show for switching off the mind.