EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168
    3570 posts Member
    LOL. I got a good chuckle out of that review, @168sean168.

Thank you ! It was a heartfelt review :smiley:
  • 168sean168
    3570 posts Member
    L2o6ES4.jpg

JoJo Rabbit (2019) This ❤️❤️❤️❤️ satire comedy is a good watch. Though I think some people may not like it's tone
  • 168sean168
    3570 posts Member
    edited April 1
    dZOfckD.jpg

Midsommar (2019). This film has some Hereditary vibes. I like it though some scenes are really protracted. But I feel Wicker man was still a more disturbing and unsettling film for me. Overall still a good watch
  • 168sean168
    3570 posts Member
    b402mTs.jpg

The Kid Who Would Be King (2019). Delightful charming family fun film. Though a bit kiddish
  • 168sean168
    3570 posts Member
    wys4LyG.jpg

Glass (2019) . Quite disappointed in this film. Underwhelming, unexciting storyline. I was almost on the floor sliding off my sofa. Average watch
  • 168sean168
    3570 posts Member
    qBcCIeT.jpg

No Tears for the Dead (2014) A Korean film about assassins and the criminal world. It has a fairly long emotional drama
    development but the eventual action sequences were good and somewhat violent. Many parts of the dialogue were in English too. A good watch.
  • 168sean168
    3570 posts Member
    VniJ2rJ.jpg

Pokémon : Detective Pikachu (2019). I am not familiar with the Pokémon universe but still enjoyed this film once Pikachu appeared. He is so cute. Though I would have preferred to hear his authentic voice more. It is also a decent action film but with a silly plot.
  • 168sean168
    3570 posts Member
    7xj4e02.jpg

The Invisible Man (2020) A low budget horror thriller. Quite an engaging watch though I feel it could have been more visceral.
  • 168sean168
    3570 posts Member
    eoNb4kJ.jpg

Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker (2019). This is the first film in the series that I didn't watch in the cinema (and Solo too). I feel that they try to fix the messy plot from the last one and strive to make all viewers happy. Overall I actually like it and will probably rewatch it again one day. Got some endgame vibes in it.
  • odTihl9.jpg

Bombshell (2019). Great make ups in this film. Story wise I wasn't really that engaged. It wasn't a compelling life and death situation. The target audience probably are ladies.
  • CCdlF0K.jpg

Official Secrets (2019). This is a good drama. I didn't know about this case so it helps to raise awareness. Also this film is unsettling for me due to some experience I had.
  • YLw9e9U.png

Underwater (2020). This film feels like a video game with unrelenting movement from one scene to the other. It also has a feel of Alien under the sea. But after a while, I kinda feel bored and didn't care who would get killed next and just wished that it would end soon. Also the underwater scenes were so good that I could not see clearly most of the time due to its murkiness. And Kristen Stewart looks horrible in this film with her extremely short hair.
  • v6Qob5x.png

Dora and the Lost City of Gold (2019). This is a family fun film though there are a few moments of PG required. The actress playing Dora looks so adorable.
  • FoDhgQ8.png

Jumanji The Next Level (2019). A fun action film. And I just realized that the actress in it was the humanoid in Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • VrQ3f6M.jpg

The First Purge (2019) I don't have much expectations for this film as the reviews weren't that good. But it turned out to be a rather good action film. I was quite disappointed with The Purge season 1 TV series though.
  • GseBqFv.jpg

Dawn of the Dead (2004). I rewatched this. Though I think I watched a censored version long ago. A good zombie film
  • NdUmHrs.jpg

Alpha Gateway aka The Gateway (2017). A low budget action thriller. If you like stories about travelling to parallel universe, maybe still worth a watch.
  • R3Mqwgi.jpg

The Babadook (2014). A Horror thriller that could draw you in and affect you emotionally. Kinda how I felt when I watched Hereditary. A good watch
  • p8CmaQ5.jpg

HK - Forbidden Super Hero (2013) A Japanese comedy action in the genre of strangeness. It was based off a manga. It was quite funny and hugely disturbing and disgusting at first, especially for a straight guy. But once the novelty wears out, it was just an average film.
  • A9ryasn.jpg

Kapringen (A Hijacking) (2012). A Danish film with fair amount of English dialogue. It was a realistic drama but mainly focused on the negotiations and the plight of the victims. It was quite a boring watch though, if you are looking for action.