EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168
    3623 posts Member
    edited April 15
    qEgYQL6.jpg

The Way of the Dragon (1972) Bruce Lee wrote and directed this HK film. The Chinese title means Ferocious Dragon Crossed the River, because Bruce went to Rome in this film. Nice Rome sceneries. Ironically I watched this in English. The other option was Chinese. But the audio for the Chinese was quite bad, low volume and devoid of background sounds and little bass.

There were quite a lot of comedy in this film. Reminded me of the Rumble in the Bronx movie by Jackie Chan.

A simple charming film with good fighting sequences.

0pSR5NL.jpg

When I saw this chap, I immediately thought of Homer Simpson.

1Et53Td.jpg
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • That's Chuck Norris. He was once bitten by a cobra and after three agonizing days, the cobra died. :)
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • Yes @Rhinomix76 I know he is Chuck. First time I am seeing him so young!
  • kcuBMgB.jpg

Audition (1999). I put off watching this Japanese film for the last 20 years due to the various reviews I saw. This is a good watch though I think matured audience may appreciate it better.
  • lPfGSWd.jpg

Taxi (1998). A French action comedy. Very refreshing watch with good old school car chases and crashings.
  • 168sean168
    3623 posts Member
    edited April 14
    Kt8Y5Ef.jpg

Enter the Dragon (1973) Chinese title means brawling between the dragon and the tiger. This is the last fully completed film by Bruce Lee. Very nice to see the real scenes of HK back then. This film feels like a early James Bond film but Kung ❤️❤️❤️❤️ style. A good watch.

F9VOAb5.jpg
    A precursor to Wolverine? Wolverine came out in comics in 1974.

79Jh4Ze.jpg
    This guy went on to become a regular in HK martial art films. He was in Stephen Chow's Kung ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Hustle

LLibFBL.jpg
    A young Sammo Hung

Aqc9Lvl.jpg

Jackie Chan
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • KLmaker
    867 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    lPfGSWd.jpg

Taxi (1998). A French action comedy. Very refreshing watch with good old school car chases and crashings.

I started watching this because there wasn't much on and it said about a Taxi Driver teams up with a cop.
    It's French, and at the time I didn't watch much French films because they did tend to be a bit strange, but I thought I would give it a go.
    I didn't see it right from the start, but what I saw I remember it being a bit slow, but then the cop needs a ride... EXCELLENT... watched the rest of it without channel flipping, really good film.
  • 168sean168
    3623 posts Member
    edited April 15
    D4lm5nC.jpg

The Shining (1980). Rewatched this after twenty years. Back then we were not allowed to see what was inside room 237 in the cinemas and of course on TV. I am glad I finally could see what was going on in that room. A good, beautifully shot film with with eerie scenes and music. Though it has a lot of ambiguities.
  • RtA4foK.jpg

Doctor Sleep (2019). A very different film but still a good watch with good continuity.
  • rVdWBZ9.jpg

The Guest (2014) A almost good action suspense thriller. I rate it above average eventually
  • NawPudA.jpg
    Game of Death (1978). This is Bruce Lee's last official films. Though for this edition, the bulk of it was using different actors and old footages. I can see that the film did their best to pay homage to the actor. Fortunately the most important fighting sequence was mostly filmed with the real actor.

tbDBTQI.jpg

In this scene I was having ambivalence whether to laugh or to feel sad about the creative ways they went into to make the film. This is a cardboard of his face in a mirror.
  • 168sean168
    3623 posts Member
    edited April 17
    OlCKKv4.jpg

Hausu (1977) aka House. A Japanese film in the genre of strangeness. It has a nonsensical plotline whereby we can see that the film maker could do anything he wanted. The film has a kind of sweetness to it with cute Japanese girls and fairy tale like scenes. It is interesting though to see the strange visuals they created back then in an era without CGI. This is not a film for mainstream watching. I think those who are tripping may enjoy it. The best part for me was the beautiful Japanese girls.

ozqUHtb.jpg

The Japanese girls cast
  • 168sean168
    3623 posts Member
    edited April 20
    xNBvCWP.jpg

Bad Boys (1995) I rewatched this as the version I watched long ago was censored all over the place, mostly for the language. Quite an entertaining watch.

cX3Mb1M.jpg

Bad Boys 2 (2003). This sequel is so action packed like a transformer movie as the drama took a back seat.

5RuH8Fz.jpg

Bad Boys for Life (2020). It has good mix of drama and action. Quite entertaining. And Martin is so fat.
  • 168sean168
    3623 posts Member
    edited April 20
    hC6ZjK8.jpg

The Girl on the Train (2016). This is quite a boring film for two thirds of the film. It was like an art film with ladies giving monologues. But the key plot of the film was nice though, although it came rather late and short.
  • DCXCKVJ.jpg

A Star is Born (2018). This is a very boring watch for me. For me, there were no likeable characters in it for me to care about. I think it would be better if it was just a series of MTVs. For a long time I am also not sure if Lady Gaga is really a woman after reading some entertainment news and I stayed clear of her. But I think she is a woman after I watched this film. The Song Shallow is nice though and I have heard so many buskers here sang it before I watched the film. Overall maybe I only like two songs from the film.
  • v4DoT5B.jpg

The Happiness of the Katakuris (2001) A delightful Japanese musical dark comedy that is actually quite meaningful, especially amid the Covid-19 Pandemic. From the same Director that made twisted films like Ichi the Killer and Audition
  • HEdgPWR.jpg

Dumbo (2019). A nice charming watch.
  • 3GDXAUF.jpg

Bloodshot (2020). Watching this is like watching a superhero flick. Entertaining.
  • M14Bz8i.jpg

The Devil's Daughter (1991) aka The Sect.

This film has some very evil and disturbing
    moments and also some nice make up effects. But scenes are pretty long and can be a bit boring. The lead actress is the older sister of Jamie Lee Curtis
  • VRiJsll.jpg

Halloween (2018). This is actually a good slasher film