EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    2F53ApV.jpg

The Flash (2019 - 2020). 19 episodes only due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Mindless easy to watch entertainment
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    8TvrtKj.png

The Last Kingdom S4 (2020). 10 episodes. Fast paced and a good watch. Though took a while for me to get into it as I had forgotten the plot of the previous seasons.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    8ZH9PTL.jpg

Altered Carbon S2 (2020) Eight episodes. Very watchable as compared to the previous season. More actions and easier to digest. But people who like the vibes of blade runner may prefer S1. But I do not like the actor in S1 as he mumbled a lot and I could not understand what he was saying.
  • johncolombo
    11384 posts Senior Moderator
    168sean168 wrote: »
    8ZH9PTL.jpg

Altered Carbon S2 (2020) Eight episodes. Very watchable as compared to the previous season. More actions and easier to digest. But people who like the vibes of blade runner may prefer S1. But I do not like the actor in S1 as he mumbled a lot and I could not understand what he was saying.

Have you watched Devs?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member

Have you watched Devs?

No, would you recommend it ?
  • johncolombo
    11384 posts Senior Moderator

Have you watched Devs?

No, would you recommend it ?

yes
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    hLA8ybt.jpg

Cobra Kai S1 (2018) 10 episodes of about 25 mins each. A very good drama with a lot of comedy and heart. And also uplifting in some moments. This is a continuation of the story of the original Karate Kid. Thanks for the recommendation @Rhinomix76 !
  • Glad you liked it Sean....Season 2 is excellent as well.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    dJPRh2p.jpg

Cobra Kai S2 (2019). Another 10 episodes of 30 mins each. Very nice drama that makes you interested in all the characters. A drama that catered to almost everyone, the teenagers, the people that grew up in the eighties, the rich and the down trodden. I had to watch the last episode twice. Good recommendation @Rhinomix76 !
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    pPCDcRH.jpg

Supergirl S5 (2019 - 2020). 19 episodes only due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Quite disappointed that she now wears a pants. Generally a mindless watch. I think this show and the rest of the CW superheroes shows have stopped appearing on our our public TV boardcast for years.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    dJPRh2p.jpg

Cobra Kai S2 (2019). Another 10 episodes of 30 mins each. Very nice drama that makes you interested in all the characters. A drama that catered to almost everyone, the teenagers, the people that grew up in the eighties, the rich and the down trodden. I had to watch the last episode twice. Good recommendation @Rhinomix76 !

The last episode was fantastic Sean....I'm ready for Season 3 :)
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    PSUjPUC.jpg

His Dark Materials S1(2019). Eight episodes of one hour each. Generally good production value and good watch. Cannot switch off the mind and need to pay attention to understand that universe. Was a bit disappointed I didn't see a lot more talking animals and battles, probably due to budget constraints.
  • KLmaker
    1442 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    PSUjPUC.jpg

His Dark Materials S1(2019). Eight episodes of one hour each. Generally good production value and good watch. Cannot switch off the mind and need to pay attention to understand that universe. Was a bit disappointed I didn't see a lot more talking animals and battles, probably due to budget constraints.

I did start watching it and it was very good, but there was competition with other programs, I think I recorded it as my TV and box aren't good enough to get iplayer.

The Biased Broadcasting Company are happy to pay vast amounts to its presenter's, (such as Gary Lineker), and director's and throw money at certain programs, but skimp on others, and you are spot on about battles and budgets.
    I hope they keep making successive series as it is a trilogy and I will catch up with it, I was disappointed when they, (Time Warner Bros.???), decided not to make Golden Compass sequels.

But the BBC have a history of cancelling shows after one series:
    The Fades, about a war between humans and ghosts who could not ascend and had found a way to come back and walk the earth.

A cop show, (cannot remember the name), two mismatched cops, one is a detective of Sub-Continent origin and the other is of Polish descent and works in fraud or similar.
    And they end up unofficially working on their cases together.
    Both of these were good series.

I am sure there have been others.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    4eOB5oJ.jpg

Paradise Murdered (2007). A Korean mystery thriller about an island where the 17 occupants all disappeared. Generally it was like a dark comedy, the reveal was not very clear to me. Generally an above average watch
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    6VecvsS.jpg

71: Into the Fire (2010) A Korean War film. This was a rewatch for me. About 71 inexperienced students sent to guard an area against incoming North Korean Army. Supposedly inspired by real events. A good watch.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    trSQc7L.jpg

The Brest Fortress aka Fortress of War (2010). A Russian film about the people and the soldiers in a small city fortress under siege from invading Germans. It has good war scenes and huge body counts. But the film somehow could not elicit any emotions from me. A very nationalistic film. Above average for a war film
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    FCb5aPb.jpg

Fatal Move (2008). A star studded HK film about criminals and cops. This film was particularly violent and bloody and in fact was rated a Cat III HK film. The plot got a bit hard to understand at one point. The up and rising martial art actor Wujing was also in it. Overall, an good watch for its violence and fighting but average for its plot. Need to watch the uncut version for a better experience.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    sryO3Bm.jpg

Nanking (2007) A documentary inspired by the writings of the late Iris Chang. It has actors including Woody Harrelson narrating from the writings of the westerners that were present during the rapes and massacres in Nanking during Japan's invasion into China. These westerners, led by a **** representative, played an important role to save the lives of many there and also to record the history.

Black and white preserved footages of event was also shown amid the narrations. The best parts for me were the emotional interviews with the survivors. At times I couldn't hear the narrations of the westerners properly as they spoke rather fast. I generally could decipher UK English better. And there was only Chinese subtitles in the version I watched and it was full of errors.

This is an important documentary for posterity. Till today, Japan still hides the story of WWII in their history books and they also worship the few convicted war criminals in their shrines. And there exists people who still deny about the events of Nanking.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    8iuPYTb.jpg

The Good the Bad and the Weird (2008). A Korean film with good production and good casts. I wasnt really engaged by the plot but there were a lot of good actions like gunfights and horseback actions. At times it reminded me of Indiana Jones. I actually fell asleep in the long sustained action scenes though. Overall it is a good for its actions.
  • 168sean168
    3806 posts Member
    aSZbskC.jpg

Stranger Than Fiction (2006). A delightful drama. A good watch.