EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• johncolombo
    11198 posts Senior Moderator
    s7ieue2iydqf.jpg

I watched this on Netflix. Black Summer. Zombies. It's supposed to be related to Z Nation (which I loved) and I loved this show also it's just very different from Z Nation. It's only 8 episodes so an easy binge. There's supposed to be a season 2 eventually.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    UlCYztK.jpg

Black Summer (2019). Eight episodes of either one hrs or thirty minutes zombie drama. I only like the Nolanish pilot episode. The rest of the story is rather inane. There are little small talks but scenes are still protracted. Characters are generally unlikeable. Make up effects are not great and there is little gore. The cinematography is good though. And some action scenes put you in the centre of it and yet, do not feel shaky at all. Overall, I am not looking forward to season 2.

I had a completely 180 different experience with you @johncolombo.

Btw I recently watched one episode of Reality Z and couldn't continue as I hate all the characters in it. A zombie flick
  • I enjoyed Black Summer too. I binge watched Z Nation afterwards and loved it as well. Such a fun series. Doc is one of my favorite all time characters. :)
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • KLmaker
    942 posts Member
    p4sxi204adua.jpg

I had read this book when it came out back in 2006. Was a quirky book that I liked but it was
    far from King's best work. The movie is worth a watch, there wasn't a point that I got bored or wanted to turn it off but the book was WAY better and it wasn't even the best book. King never translates to film well his books are so much internal character dialogue and back story. Worth a watch if you like zombie -ish films.

Zombie-ish films are ok, but it depends on the film for me.
    I only saw about the last third or a quarter of this and I thought it looked like it could be a good film to watch from the start.
    But the ending... esh, I don't think I'll bother, I thought it was just a waste.
  • KLmaker
    942 posts Member
    t66fn438lcvr.jpg

I've been binging Big Bang Theory and am up to the start of season 3. There are 12 seasons total. I always wanted to watch it but just now got around to it. I love this show!

The main thing of course, is you can pause the end credits and see a story from the director, (I think).
    Some very funny stories and nowhere near enough time to read them when shown on TV.
  • johncolombo
    KLmaker wrote: »
    p4sxi204adua.jpg

I had read this book when it came out back in 2006. Was a quirky book that I liked but it was
    far from King's best work. The movie is worth a watch, there wasn't a point that I got bored or wanted to turn it off but the book was WAY better and it wasn't even the best book. King never translates to film well his books are so much internal character dialogue and back story. Worth a watch if you like zombie -ish films.

I only saw about the last third or a quarter of this and I thought it looked like it could be a good film to watch from the start.
    But the ending... esh, I don't think I'll bother, I thought it was just a waste.

The more I thought about it I found the ending pretty disturbing
  • KLmaker
    942 posts Member
    KLmaker wrote: »
    p4sxi204adua.jpg

The more I thought about it I found the ending pretty disturbing

For me, it was a case of, "Well that didn't work", and not in a spectacular way either, if it was a major foul up I would have appreciated it, but it just fizzled. .
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    ZXDaWvZ.jpg

The Legend is Born : IP Man (2010). I think this might be a rewatch for me. Not because I like it but because it is very forgettable. Production is fine but storyline does not stand out. The actual son of IP Man actually appears in the film.

Got a lot of actions but not memorable.

This film is not part of the Donnie Yen IP Man series.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited July 17
    f40fFsC.jpg
    Supernatural Season 6 (2010) 22 episodes

vOjL0eA.jpg
    Supernatural Season 7 (2011) 23 episodes

yjvEumn.jpg
    Supernatural Season 8 (2012) 23 episodes

Quite surprised to see Hindu Gods Ganesh and Kali appearing in one episode. That episode also has a Buddha looking Chinese but he wore a name tag saying he is god of cookery but verbally, he is the turtle god. This is interesting as there is no turtle god that I know of in the lore. This episode has a lot of censorship. Probably due to the not so good portrayal of these gods.
  • KLmaker
    942 posts Member
    edited July 21
    Law & Order UK.
    Series 1 to 8.

The hit US series is given a British makeover.

But it stays loyal to the original format of being a dual crime procedural drama, showing the efforts of the Metropolitan Police, (London), and the CPS, (Crown Prosecution Service), in catching and convicting criminals.

Wolf Films and NBC Universal who make Law & Order series in the states, were both involved in the production of the British series.

The theme tune could have come from the US as well; I thought the trumpets or horns gave it a New York feel.

The writing was adapted from US scripts and, (for example), has the usual one liners by Bradley Walsh's DS, (Detective Sergeant), Ronnie Brooks in place of Jeremy Orbach's Detective Lennie Briscoe.

Jamie Bamber's DS Matt Devlin was replaced by Paul Nicholls DS Sam Casey in Series 6, and although the writing is still very good I felt Paul's acting most certainly was not; but then he was a Soap Opera actor and that is my opinion.

As I have watched an ensemble of episodes I have included a YouTube video of the intro rather than a specific cover photo.
    The intro above is from Series 6,

A very good UK series, but then it was based on a very good US series.
    I don't know if Law & Order UK made it back across to the US, but if it did, it would be interesting to hear what they made of it.

A good series to watch, I manage to catch an episode now and again.
    Post edited by KLmaker on
  • gElVNEb.jpg

Greyhound (2020) A short film with almost non stop action but mostly action in the bridge of the ship. Nice to see Tom Hanks. War action wise is not exactly mind blowing. I was better entertained when I watched the TV series The Last Ship. Overall an above average watch
  • SR3yGhz.jpg
    GvA5b6k.jpg

The Old Guard (2020). A film based off a graphic novel. A very good watch though I feel that it is too pro diverse.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited July 19
    t7feDme.jpg

Artemis Fowl (2020). Non Stop visuals from start to finish accompanied with nice cinematic music but the plot doesn't connect with me. In fact not too sure what was happening and a feeling of emptiness prevailed as I watched. Although it is only 1.5 hours long, it felt like 2 hrs. Overall this is not a good watch for me.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    SA2PutJ.jpg

The Platform (2019). A Spanish sci fi horror film. A thought provocating social commentary film. If you like films like Cube, then you may like this. For me, I find it rather boring and claustrophobic.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited July 20
    zSTmLuI.jpg

yzES0Q5.jpg
    oTNhYGe.jpg

Hans Zimmer : Live in Prague (2017). A nice concert with hits from many films. The best part of the ensemble is the pretty ladies in the string section that wore quite little.
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    SA2PutJ.jpg

The Platform (2019). A Spanish sci fi horror film. A thought provocating social commentary film. If you like films like Cube, then you may like this. For me, I find it rather boring and claustrophobic.

I just watched this too. I thought it was a great premise but poorly executed. I would like to see a remake done in more competent hands.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • johncolombo
    edited July 24
    6vp1xq4tky9v.jpg

Started watching this last night so no opinion yet but it seems promising.
    Edit: finished. Loved it.
    Post edited by johncolombo on
  • fe71Gyv.jpg
    3ej4QUU.jpg

Planet of the Apes (1968) I believe I watched this in my childhood but barely remembered it. The ending has been spoilt frequently to me, including from the Simpsons.

Really enjoyed the show and some of the apes were really scary.
  • .0Ptj0xg.jpg

Innocence (2020). A Korean investigate court thriller drama, supposedly inspired by true story. Quite a complicated plotline. Above average watch
  • yhs6Hi9.jpg

Mission Impossible 3 (2006). This may be the fourth or fifth time I watched this. This time at the free community movie screening. This film probably raises the bar of all future Mi films.