EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168
    3692 posts Member
    edited August 6
    Magw7lY.jpg

Back to the Future (1985). One of my favourite films. Rewatched it at my community hub. This film series is one of my earliest DVD box set purchase. Though I have not really gone through all the discs.
  • 168sean168
    3692 posts Member
    edited August 12
    BDwlQu6.jpg
    Supernatural S9 (2013) 23 episodes

MDcsAke.jpg
    Supernatural S10 (2014) 23 episodes

JGqHhos.jpg
    Supernatural S11 (2015) 23 episodes

jgxhnuB.jpg
    Supernatural S12 (2016) 23 episodes

KZrVgN9.jpg
    Supernatural S13 (2017) 23 episodes

vNDR1Kz.jpg
    A funny nod to The Walking Dead's Negan, who plays the father of the two brothers in Supernatural.

ysYNvJs.jpg
    A hilarious crossover episode with the Scooby Doo and his gang
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • 168sean168
    3692 posts Member
    edited August 12
    K4eiEVw.jpg
    8cMkO80.jpg
    dSfziUD.jpg

Speed (1994). Rewatching this at our community hub free screening. I own the DVD to this but I think I may not have opened it yet.

Still a formidable action film. And young Sandra was so pretty
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    K4eiEVw.jpg
    8cMkO80.jpg
    dSfziUD.jpg

Speed (1994). Rewatching this at our community hub free screening. I own the DVD to this but I think I may not have opened it yet.

I haven't seen "The Bus that couldn't slow down" in a long time. Might be time for a rewatch. :)
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • Rhinomix76 wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    K4eiEVw.jpg
    8cMkO80.jpg
    dSfziUD.jpg

I haven't seen "The Bus that couldn't slow down" in a long time. Might be time for a rewatch. :)

I personally do not believe that the bus could cross the gap in reality :smile:
  • 3lt3xpu.png

Alive (2020) A Korean zombie thriller. An average watch for me.
  • 168sean168
    3692 posts Member
    edited August 14
    BIgwQLy.jpg
    Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002). Last night I watched my Community screening of this film. I must have watched this like the sixth or seventh times over the years. When I last watched this in the theatre with a lady, I learned that she had already watched it but pretended not to have watched it so that she could watch it with me. It was a memorable moment.

Despite watching so many times, I am still not very familiar with the political plotline. I do like the actions towards the end though.

A trivia - The word Naboo is actually a scolding word here in dialect.. sort of mean * * your mother.

PjE0kzi.jpg
    At one point, people were saying that the pilot was Homer Simpson.

atRmHno.jpg
    A foreshadowing of the darkness to come.
  • X6BG92z.jpg

Supernatural Season 14 (2018) I cannot believe that I have fully caught up with this series that ran 15 years! Season 15 final season cannot be completed yet due to the coronavirus. This season is 20 episodes. A very entertaining and easy to watch series.
  • 168sean168
    3692 posts Member
    edited August 16
    8UX3Oqw.jpg
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

eYaNxOh.jpg
    Nice headphone hairstyle. How come no ladies are using this?

ox2m3tv.jpg
    Amid the sunset, a troubled Anakin contemplated the impending darkness

nV0q3f4.jpg
    Too much UV rays

ZNZUjIK.jpg
    Execute Order 66 please. I really like Commander Cody and I actually have two action figures on it.

mT9Xjo9.jpg
    A hand please ?

fuGuYeN.jpg
    Nooooo!!!

bT2jQ2V.jpg
    Despite the sunsets, the baby heralds A New Hope.
  • yMeyXsO.jpg

Warrior Nun (2020). Indeed a good watch @johncolombo 10 episodes. Though I feel the pacing was too slow for me in many episodes.
  • 168sean168
    3692 posts Member
    edited August 18
    wDKsfBg.jpg
    Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981). Rewatching this at my Community hub. Really love the soundtrack. I had the cassette tape of it back then.

OTXYUsu.jpg
    I hate snakes!

IiH3zrj.jpg
    A godly moment

EBsSjnf.jpg
    Why must it have to be snakes?

1oSPYwF.jpg
    jblUivM.jpg
    Back then this two scenes were censored.
  • Agizjid.jpg

Project Power (2020). Not much emotions watching this. Action sequences were hard to see clearly. I rate it an above average watch
  • gRQvRhS.jpg

Hanna Season 2 (2020). Good pacing and intriguing storyline. Caused me to finish it in one seating. Eight episodes.

I feel it is better than season 1.
  • LK8m3Oe.jpg

Cursed (2020) 10 episodes. I find it generally boring but interspersed with some good scenes. Overall it is still an above average watch.
  • zAHIeFf.jpg

Steel Rain 2: Summit (2020). Despite the same two leads, this Korean political thriller film is not related to the first film. The film was hard to watch at first due to the language issues and the need to understand the political situation. It was almost partly a documentary at first as it educate the viewers of the tension in the South China Sea.

A caricature of Trump was made by the depiction of the US president in the film. The actions came in the second half of the film, reminiscing the Hunt for Red October.

Overall an above average watch. I prefer the first film
  • 168sean168
    3692 posts Member
    edited August 24
    tjyTj70.jpg

Ava (2020). This is quite a mediocre made for TV standard kind of film but amazingly with a stellar cast including Joan Chen.

Fighting sequences were quite bad, generally close ups like Taken 3.

And there was a profused usage of F words by all the characters. Is it normal to speak in that way? The younger generation here are also incorporating F words in their daily conversations.
  • 168sean168
    3692 posts Member
    edited August 27
    3aLHdNO.jpg

Train to Busan : Peninsula (2020)

This sequel took a conventional action packed approach. But Korean films usually has low budget and they don't make good blockbuster style films.

While there are many actions, the CGI animation were very obvious. Also there were almost zero connections to the characters. This film is easily a watch and forget film. The first one would be hard to beat. This film can be watched independently from the first one.

Overall an above average watch.
  • 168sean168
    3692 posts Member
    edited August 27
    6JlvIjO.jpg

The Umbrella Academy 2 (2020). 10 episodes and highly entertaining. Though I don't really like how dramas these days want to educate the viewers that alternative gender lifestyle is very normal and wholesome.
  • suppYKf.jpg

Rogue (2020). Bad storyline but with a good message to convey. Disappointed that Megan failed to wear scantily. Cannot recognise any other actors except her. An average watch
  • 168sean168
    3692 posts Member
    edited September 4
    vHIQhJE.jpg

The Young and the Dangerous : The Prequel (1998). A HK film that continued to milk the success of the Young and Dangerous gangster series. Though touted as the prequel, there were some discrepancies such as missing character and also a shift of the year of the event from 1985 to 1989, the year of the Tiananmen Incident. Interestingly this is the first time I saw a HK film that dared to reference the incident. It might be the last film to do so too.

The film has a young Nicholas Tse, aged 17, playing the lead in his debut and for which he won a newcomer award. Ironically he couldn't watch the film then as it was rated Cat III. Nicholas is now one of the most famous HK celebrities. His very pretty ex wife was also embroiled in a leaked photos scandal that shocked this part of the world.

Daniel Wu, who appeared in some Hollywood film was also in the film.

This was a well made film compared to some of the other films in this series. An above average watch.