EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 66ty4DV.jpg

Greenland (2020). A disaster genre film with subdued destruction but focused more on human drama. It is still suspenseful and thought provoking. Good watch.
  • 5aeSKmt.jpg

The Witches (2020) At first feels very promising but later turns out to be a conventional children's show. But then the film feels awkward overall as it has many intense moments for a children's show. Good performance by Anne Hathaway though. Good watch just to see her, otherwise it is an above average watch overall.
  • Mm7Boxi.jpg

Taxi Driver (1976) Rewatched this as the one I watched on public TV decades ago was heavily censored. Very well made film with good acting and a scary Robert De Niro
  • pl9Yf5o.jpg

A Better Tomorrow (2010). A Korean remake of the HK 1986 classic. Better production value but overall not memorable. I might have watched it before long ago but forgotten all about it. No stand out scenes, no coolness, no nice soundtrack, no Chow Yun Fat. Overall an inferior film compared to the original.
  • 7Yd73mG.jpg

The Call (2020). A good Korean horror suspense thriller. May spur you to go to YouTube to discuss on the plot after watching
  • The Tuxedo (2002). An action comedy with Jackie Chan and Jennifer Love Hewitt. Not a bad film.
  • GYBPSt1.jpg

Sing (2016). Many nice familiar songs and cute characters. Simple storyline and very fun and nice to watch. In fact some of the singing move me to tears
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    GYBPSt1.jpg

Sing (2016). Many nice familiar songs and cute characters. Simple storyline and very fun and nice to watch. In fact some of the singing move me to tears

Good movie though I never want to see it again as my kids watch it constantly and I've grown quite tired of it.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    3788 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    1PS3A0A.jpg

Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters (2013). Quite a flat and boring film even though it has a lot of actions and monsters. The bright spot is a pretty well endowed actress, Alexandra Daddario, in it
  • Rhinomix76 wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    GYBPSt1.jpg

Good movie though I never want to see it again as my kids watch it constantly and I've grown quite tired of it.

Haha.. I watched it twice as first time I cut in in the middle. Then I rewatched it whole again.
  • IGI8Hbj.jpg

True Detective Season 1 (2014) Eight episodes. Good acting. Quite slow with brooding characters. It gives off dark vibes like Se7en. It didn't trigger a binge watch though, until towards the end. Even though it is slow, I didn't quite get plot details. I need to relisten to the conversations carefully.

Alexandra Daddario has a mind blowing role in it, a bright spot in the story.

Overall, a good detective series.
  • 5tT3Mxy.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow Season 5 (2020). 15 Episodes. This is quite a fun series with time travelling. But it always felt like a show for children and teenagers. But at the same time it does have intense unwholesome relationships in it and I have to close one eye to it.
  • tgfzS6K.jpg

Fantasy Island (2020) Intriguing at first but turns out to have a weak plot. An average watch
  • npcMzSF.jpg

Heartbreak Ridge (1986). Good watch to see Clint Eastwood but overall is just slightly above average for entertainment value.
  • Rhinomix76
    120 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    1k55t212f2hj.jpg

I was very disappointed at how boring this movie was. I thought it was a missed opportunity with all the talented people involved in it's making.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • Rhinomix76 wrote: »
    1k55t212f2hj.jpg

I was very disappointed at how boring this movie was. I thought it was a missed opportunity with all the talented people involved in it's making.

Haha..

Previously I wrote this in Jan

Ad Astra (2019). My brother cursed this film after he watched it. Just now an uncle in a community screening slept through most of it and when finished, he literally said, finished? Darn it! Such a lousy film!

For me I did like the journey and the visuals were stunning. It will be useful to have subtitles when you watched this as there was a very low volume narration. For me it was a That's it? feeling in the end.

Edit: A few hours after thinking about the film. I did like the film. It was like literature with some meanings to take away.
  • IcFYhTw.jpg

Honest Thief (2020). Typical action thriller with an easy to understand plot. Quite entertaining
  • RR4bpkD.jpg

Freaky (2020). Interesting premise. Above average watch
  • 2kJcPS5.jpg

Summer of 84 (2018). Feels a bit slow and quite family friendly show for the bulk of the film. But overall, still an above average watch
  • mygRT0h.jpg

Uncut Gems (2019) An intense, noisy and high energy drama. A good watch