EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168 wrote: »
    m43eizw.jpg

The Midnight Sky (2020). This is a rather slow, boring film and yet with a storyline that is not straight forward. There is a nice space sequence though, which was also the point I fell asleep.

Overall, an average watch

Agreed Sean. It was better than Ad Astra but not by much. The ending was certainly better
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • d4q2jlkwmdks.jpg

Finished Season 3 last night and thought it was excellent, just as good as the first two seasons
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • Rhinomix76 wrote: »
    d4q2jlkwmdks.jpg

Finished Season 3 last night and thought it was excellent, just as good as the first two seasons

Wow... Can't wait to watch. I am having a downtime at the moment with some renovations of the toilets. I won't have access to TV for the time being.
  • d6d3k6w3szv4.jpg

Watched the new Christopher Nolan movie recently. The central time "gimmick" can be hard to follow at times and a head scratcher for sure but the film is well conceived and the effects are impressive. I think this one will warrant multiple viewings to pick up on little things missed during the initial watch. Good film imo
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited January 13
    EeRtL1D.jpg
    Child's Play 2 (1990). A decent watch though they ignore the rule to end Chucky based on first film

42OSMR6.jpg

Child's Play 3 (1991). This film is almost like a good ending to the trilogy.

ikAHUHo.jpg
    Bride of Chucky (1998). This film started to include more comedic moments. Continuity from the last film was not very smooth.

lC3XLUP.jpg
    Seed of Chucky (2004). Even more crazy outrageous moments.

W7OOXLi.jpg
    Curse of Chucky (2013). This is the worst film in the series for me. Due to slow long winded scenes with minimal Chucky animations. However it did attempt to link it back to the original three films. I understand that this is also a direct to DVD film.

xyty7SY.jpg
    Cult of Chucky (2017). This film was quite competently shot and linked back to the original trilogy very well
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • JbRLFGr.jpg

Soul (2020). Quite a serious storyline, more suited to the mature audience. Above average watch
  • Turbo (2013). I was laughing quite a lot throughout the movie.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited January 16
    og6HT3a.jpg
    Tenet (2020) Rewarching this again as my community hub had its premiere public screening. This round, there was English subtitles. But I was very tired and was struggling to keep awake. So I didn't understand the film better than the first round. Overall storytelling is not good but visually good with nice sounds.

ikQ1Vxa.jpg
    Seated at the first row of the community screening.

XaaC7uL.jpg
    4QO2p1g.jpg
    Movie schedules of our movie screening. The latter has a smaller screen
  • johncolombo
    11463 posts Senior Moderator
    0d2b1ecmxnsg.jpg

I watched Train to Busan last night on Netflix. :o
    I was very good and the cinematography was amazing.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • qefhwd63mq3m.png

Season Three

Just finished the new season and though I did enjoy it I felt it was kind of uneven and unfocused and not as good as the previous two seasons. The finale was really good though and set up the next season well.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • C2PWflS.jpg

Perfect Catch (2005). Saw this at my community hub on a weekday 11 am slot targeted at seniors and jobless people. I think the seats were only one third filled. This is an average romantic comedy. I think Red Sox fans may like it. For me, I like to see Drew Barrymore.

The security guard confronted me twice though. Once for allowing my face mask to fall below my nose and the second time for falling asleep during the film. Audience are not allowed to sleep at the screening.

• I watched Train to Busan last night on Netflix. :o

Was your eyes wet in some scenes?
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    C2PWflS.jpg

Perfect Catch (2005). Saw this at my community hub on a weekday 11 am slot targeted at seniors and jobless people. I think the seats were only one third filled. This is an average romantic comedy. I think Red Sox fans may like it. For me, I like to see Drew Barrymore.

The security guard confronted me twice though. Once for allowing my face mask to fall below my nose and the second time for falling asleep during the film. Audience are not allowed to sleep at the screening.

Interesting...this film is called Fever Pitch in the states. I wonder why they changed the name?
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • Rhinomix76 wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »

Interesting...this film is called Fever Pitch in the states. I wonder why they changed the name?

I am thinking in some parts of the world, they do not want to be reminded of fever, with the Sars outbreak from 2002 to 2004.

And Perfect is a good vibe :smiley:
  • yXrH3gJ.jpg
    The Karate Kid (1984). Rewatching this at my community hub. I guess they know that Cobra Kai is a smash hit right now.

Actually I enjoyed Cobra Kai better than this film but it is still an enjoyable watch. Looking at Elizabeth, I was brought to mind the dirty character she played in The Boys.

6jfjR4l.jpg
    Once again I sat in the first row. Not many people were watching. Maybe half full.

0y9Lj7M.jpg
    WZDNDLc.jpg
    My community hub movies schedules for the week.
  • johncolombo
    11463 posts Senior Moderator
    168sean168 wrote: »

I watched Train to Busan last night on Netflix. :o

Was your eyes wet in some scenes?

yes LOL :D
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited January 24
    wvHJsFC.jpg
    The Karate Kid 2 (1986). Rewatching this at our community hub.

S4VNQFy.jpg This film has a lot of Japanese cultural references and exotic settings. This slows the film quite a bit and I even fell asleep to some soothing Japanese music.

The Kid's girlfriend and mother strangely disappeared immediately after the tournament from the first film, where this film begins

Overall still an above average watch with good acting opportunities for the old man sensei.

And it has the iconic song Glory of Love!

s3HzfG8.jpg The Karate kid getting ready to use his killer crane move.
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • LmURawa.jpg
    The Karate Kid 3 (1989). Rewatching this at my community hub. An enjoyable watch with a villain that was always laughing cynically.

Girlfriend from Part 2 was allowed to disappear again.

kQNs9bf.jpg
    A glorious moment training on a mountain cliff.
  • nDdiPlt.jpg
    Night School (2018) The bulk of the film was not funny and overall an awful film. Feels like a waste of my time.

ZJobAbf.jpg
    I watched it at my community hub on a smaller screen. This screening is in an enclosed area so that it could screen films up to matured 18, to protect our youngs from harmful elements.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited January 31
    9o0rJr1.jpg
    Dragonheart Vengeance (2020). A very safe and average film suitable for the TV. A slightly above average watch. I am not very familiar with this film series. I think I didn't really watch the first Dragonheart fully.

1s7jbyU.jpg
    Watched the film at my community hub.

C7m7SsR.jpg
    ZcoBnTo.jpg
    The film schedules for the week just ended.