EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    Cg7Buuk.jpg

Wrath of Man (2021) A good action thriller film. Plotline is rather simple though. Josh Harnett is in it, I have not seen him since 30 days of night. This might have been a very easy role for Jason Statham though.
  • johncolombo
    11463 posts Senior Moderator
    Army of the Dead
    edzzv4nahaeb.jpg
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    tkUKnht.jpg

Riders of Justice (2020). A Danish black comedy film with many quirky characters. Engaging drama occasionally Interjected with violent actions. Overall this is an above average watch.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    6ReekCm.jpg

Army of the Dead (2021). Key idea of the plot was not very original but as you watched you would note that something is very strange about the plot. In fact it was strange right from the start. A few scenes need to be rewatched to catch the small details. Overall a good watch.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    iEmFJHU.jpg
    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021). Six episodes. I like this series more than Wandavision as it was more thrilling and the vibes were quite similar to the Marvel films.

dyVTVnf.jpg
    SCIUc4B.jpg

Tiger Beer, a Singapore brand, made an appearance. And strangely the Winter Soldier was talking about Tiger photos at that moment. According to news report, this cameo was not a paid partnership between Disney and Tiger though.

• 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    gu9C4iL.jpg

Wrong Turn 4 Bloody Beginnings (2011). This film is a decent watch for the gore, blood, naked ladies. It is a prequel of the inbreeds of this film series. It is actually quite a pretty bad and yet watchable film
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    a5dfTqt.jpg

Spiral (2021) A decent watch with mainstream actors like Samuel L Jackson and Chris Rock. Good production too. Plot is rather predictable though.

I am always confused between Chris Rock and Chris Tucker.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    nGfFVsx.jpg

The Dry (2020). An Australian production about a murder mystery investigation. The show was rather dry but it didn't enter the realm of boredom. But it demanded your attention and if you looked away to eat, you might miss an important detail. The film assumed that the audience were very intelligent and hence some parts of the plot was not clear to me. The reveal was rather hasty too.

But overall I rate it as an above average watch. It is also fun to hear them saying Good Day mate and Tim Tam.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    c3wQtTB.jpg

Wrong Turn Bloodlines (2012). If you looking for slashing good time with nudity I guess this film could satisfy you. This is a sequel to part 4 but still a prequel to the first wrong turn.
  • johncolombo
    11463 posts Senior Moderator
    Martin
    Is he or isn't he?
    439ulxtmqkac.jpg
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    e3587i6.jpg

The Mauritanian (2021). The film said that this is a true story. This film is a post 9/11 legal drama. It almost nearly disengaged me at some point but managed to steer me back into the story. Overall this is an essential watch and painted a story that many may not have known about.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    H8DQ5fI.jpg

Slaxx(2020). This is a Canadian film. It is not very good in terms of gore and women. It is best viewed as a satire of the retail fashion industry. Overall an average watch
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    0irzBsf.jpg

Synchronic (2020) An above average sci fi film
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    szjK0ms.jpg

The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do it (2021) The third film in the Conjuring film series. A good watch for me.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited June 7
    PKZ1O04.jpg
    itGx8hT.png

Better Call Saul

Season 1 (2015)
    Season 2 (2016)
    Season 3 (2017)
    Season 4 (2018)
    Season 5 (2020)

A spin off drama from the hit series, Breaking Bad, mainly prequels, though some scenes were sequels. 50 episodes in total so far. Took me quite a while to finish this as I find it less engaging compared to the parent drama. And you sort of know whether someone would live or die. But it gets better and better and I am looking forward to its final season, supposedly in 2022

VGN5l5N.png

I am also enamored with this character. A no nonsense lawyer who you could count on to get things done. She gave me the Wonder Woman feeling.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    szjK0ms.jpg

The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do it (2021) The third film in the Conjuring film series. A good watch for me.

It's good to hear you liked it Sean. It has been getting mixed reviews so I was curious. I am currently watching or rewatching all the Conjuring universe films and when I'm done I'll give this a go.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    @Rhinomix76 I was surprised that some people said the film was not as intense as the previous ones. I can't really comment as I only have vague memories of the previous ones. But on its own, I still like this third film.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited June 11
    P2jRpsw.jpg

Willy's Wonderland (2021). This is quite a bad movie. My friend would have scolded me and asked me to switch it off if I subjected her to it. But it is not a boring one. And Nicholas Cage is once again doing a quirky character. I think some people may like it, especially if you are high. If you like genres like Scott Pilgrim vs the World, you may like it. It could develop a cult status.
  • iJZc4qB.jpg

Annabelle (2014). This is from the universe of The Conjuring. Low production and generally quite boring with a bad plot. I was so glad when it finally ended. The only thing scary was the super loud background. I constantly need to adjust the volume up and down because the dialogues were soft.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    iJZc4qB.jpg

Annabelle (2014). This is from the universe of The Conjuring. Low production and generally quite boring with a bad plot. I was so glad when it finally ended. The only thing scary was the super loud background. I constantly need to adjust the volume up and down because the dialogues were soft.

I didn't care for this either. But I did like the prequel and sequel that came out after it. They were a lot more interesting and engaging.
    Fear my pointy horn!