EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    @Rhinomix76 good to hear that. Will look forward to it. Lately there doesn't seem to have much films to watch
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    edited June 11
    Tnzxwgt.jpg
    Stand By Me 2 Doraemon (2020) Doraemon is one of the most popular icons in Asia during my childhood. The comics are from Japan.

L0iWMs2.jpg
    This is an animation with rubber looking characters. Doraemon is a robotic cat with all kinds of gadgets sent from the future by I think the great grandson to look after the boy. Boy always get bullied and also doesn't like to study.

C29QTou.jpg

ik0dQVD.jpg
    This building looks like a simplified version of Marina Bay Sands Singapore. The curve building structure was an engineering feat.

whqjx5j.jpg
    This character was the childhood sweetheart of most boys who read the comics.

Rv7U9PK.jpg
    Horrified groom at the wedding.

17n5qrB.jpg
    The background characters are the parents.

V07bZlh.jpg
    The boy and his childhood buddies. Can you spot the siblings?

This film is a good watch for fans. But I feel not as touching as the first film. This Stand by Me franchise seems to be targeted at adult audience

• 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    edited June 14
    1LskwX7.jpg

Run Hide Fight (2020). A thriller about aschool shooting. Could almost become a die hard show but they included some slow educational moments that were not very effective. Overall, a slightly above average watch.
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    Cko2pR9.jpg

The Little Things (2021) A noir murder investigation thriller with good actings from the three male leads, including Denzel Washington, Jared Leto and Mr. Robot. Thought provocating reveal. Overall an above average watch.
  • Rhinomix76 wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    szjK0ms.jpg

The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do it (2021) The third film in the Conjuring film series. A good watch for me.

It's good to hear you liked it Sean. It has been getting mixed reviews so I was curious. I am currently watching or rewatching all the Conjuring universe films and when I'm done I'll give this a go.

Sadly I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first two. It felt more like a conventional horror film than the previous films. I think the fact that James Wan didn't direct this one had a major affect on it's quality. It wasn't terrible just not up to par imo.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    I see @Rhinomix76 , I think lately I watched a lot of sub standard films and my expectations have lowered haha..
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    dUul5qg.jpg

Come True (2020). This is a sci-fi horror film. I fell asleep multiple times due to the score and the visuals, they were quite sleep inducing, especially since subject matter was about dreaming. It could have been quite a good watch but it got a bit boring in the closing act and during the reveal, you would just say - oh ok.
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    edited June 17
    IJQ1e1H.jpg

I Care a Lot (2020) This film has a wicked plot and is very engaging. A good watch for me.
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    vQh3BZH.jpg

Wrong Turn 6: Last Resort (2014). This film was a reboot of the series before it rebooted again in 2021.

I feel this film tried to have a more developed story than the other films. Quite alright watch with nudity and blood
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    m0sGPvY.jpg

Fear the Walking Dead (2020) 16 episodes. I feel that this season is quite a good one.
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    8p3N3qi.jpg

Cobra Kai Season 3 (2021). 10 episodes. This drama is so good that once started, I couldn't stop and finished it in one binge. Also each episode was in an easy to digest average time of 30 mins
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    edited June 19
    6FpDYjP.jpg
    Mission Possible (2021). Quite a refreshing comedic action Korean thriller. Above average watch. What was very amazing was that I find the young actor and actress are like doppelgangers of established Korean actor, Lee Seung Gi and Song Hye Kyo

flMpuoJ.jpg
    The actress of the film, Lee Sun-bin. I think she helps to sustain good interest in the film.

ZU5sI7N.png
    This is established Korean actress Song Hye Kyo. She is commonly referred to as the queen. She might be the most famous Korean actress globally as her hit drama, An Autumn Tale was the first K drama to hit Asia in the 90s. I feel that she is the most beautiful Korean actress I have ever seen.

EKSfBOb.jpg
    The actor in the film, Kim Young-kwang.

PKMASLZ.jpg
    This is Lee Seung Gi. Moderately famous. He is not very handsome but tends to be charming in character and rather cute. I personally feel he has gone under the knife to make his features sharper but his fans denied it.
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • xff873j731jm.jpg

Finished the new season this weekend. I thought it was pretty good though I enjoyed the first season more. What did you think @johncolombo ?
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    Wqj2sDs.jpg

Vikings Season 6 (2019 - 2021). This is the final season and has 20 episodes. Overall it was a great series with good production value. Although it can be quite long winded in some episodes. I am alright that it has finally ended. The Last Kingdom is another Viking related drama. Lower production value but plot moves faster
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    edited June 23
    Dg9gcrO.jpg
    Red Cliff 2 (2009). This is one of the most epic historical war drama from HK - China directed by John Woo. This is a rewatch for me. Somehow my community hub keeps repeating part 2 and never shows part 1. I guess part 2 is where the action is.

vUIE3xI.jpg
    Tony Leung Chiu-wai, one of the most famous HK star. He will be the Mandarin in Marvel's Shang Chi.

E7nLBU3.jpg
    Takeshi Kaneshiro, one of the most handsome Japanese Taiwanese Star back in the days

P1U0tUZ.jpg
    Lin Chi-ling, a Taiwanese actress known for her beauty. She was the key eye candy in this film. At 46 years old now, she is still considered a beauty.

Xp2DkLc.jpg
    Zhao Wei, also known as Vicky Zhao or Vicki Zhao, one of the most popular Chinese actress, shot to stardom after her portrayal of a young princess in a Chinese TV drama.

P9YEUG9.jpg
    OKajj5Y.jpg
    From 16 May 2021 to 21 Jun 2021, our country actually was on a heightened alert Covid19. So there was restrictions including no more public screening of films. The screenings have resumed again and this is the schedule of films to be screened at our community hub. The distance between seats are wider now.
  • 4cm3Z2R.jpg

The Ruins (2008). Long ago I first watched this censored version on my free to air TV. I didn't start from the beginning but I got in when the thrills started. I found it really good. Now I rewatched it and still found it to be a good horror thriller.
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    edited June 26
    ehSzcvc.jpg
    The Punisher (2004). An old school action thriller. Nothing spectacular but overall is an above average watch.

CA4mNCg.jpg
    This woman was pretty. A former Miss USA, Laura Harring

kbrnsM9.jpg
    X men's Mystique without the makeup effect, Rebecca Romijn. I actually do not know how to pronounce her name.
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    CgFHB56.jpg

Punisher : War Zone (2008) I have more emotional connection with this film as compared to the 2004 film. There are also a lot more actions and some mind blowing bloody scenes.

My only gripe is the choice of the lead for Punisher. I like the actor for 2004 film more. This one reminded me of Mr Bean.

Overall I feel it is a good watch.
  • 168sean168
    3956 posts Member
    81IBNr1.jpg

The Ice Road (2021) A B action film. Visual effects are not good whenever they need to use it. Many action scenes were awkward and painful to watch. It is not a boring film but very average
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    81IBNr1.jpg

The Ice Road (2021) A B action film. Visual effects are not good whenever they need to use it. Many action scenes were awkward and painful to watch. It is not a boring film but very average

Agreed Sean...it was just an average watch for me too. I thought it was going to better than it was.
    Fear my pointy horn!