EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• df75w40x6q8h.png

A new spooky house, creature feature on Netflix. The film did a good job creating a haunting atmosphere with a well paced story that gradually increases the tension. Some good scares throughout but the finale will be a mixed bag for most though I was okay with it. A decent watch
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • I have not watched the Exorcist films before. Though over the years already had received quite a bit of spoilers. Will embark on it one day.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    I have not watched the Exorcist films before. Though over the years already had received quite a bit of spoilers. Will embark on it one day.

The first one is a must watch @168sean168
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • jh3s9whr5n7d.jpg

This one started off well enough with a interesting Scream like premise and some decent set pieces but descended into predictable stereotypes and check the box characters and plot. Not a very good watch.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • kfp2gwg.jpg

The Skin I Live in (2011). This is a Spanish film. Mind blowing plotline. A good watch
  • LUWXOcQ.jpg

The Corpse of Anna Fritz (2015) This is a Spanish film with a very disturbing premise. The film is rather short though and was a good watch for me.
  • 168sean168
    4086 posts Member
    edited October 22
    uV8BoHu.jpg

The Guilty (2021). This was a remade of a 2018 Danish film. I like this one more than the Danish one as I found the latter a tad boring. Jake has a very raw and emotional performance in this film. An above average watch
  • iAbNqgq.jpg

Halloween Kills (2021). This is a direct sequel to the 2018 film and it continued from the last event. It is an above average watch for me.
  • GWcPKDj.jpg

Dune (2021) The inside title is called Dune Part One. I like the attention to details of this film that could bring a smile to fans of the novels. Fans of Dune strategy games may also like it with items like Refinery, Silo, missile turrets, missile tanks. The ornithopter was depicted superbly. Soundtrack is nice although i totallly forgot about it after the show, unlike the iconic Dune 1984 musics which I could still remember. Beautiful scenes and sound, this film deserved to be watched on the big screen. It is much more accessible compared to Blade 2049

A very good watch.
  • I liked The Guilty too @168sean168 . I plan on watching Dune tonight. It looks very good.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    4086 posts Member
    edited October 22
    zqa0qYr.jpg

What If Season 1(2021) A nine episodes of 30 mins each that offered an alternate plotline to the MCU films. Very entertaining and not to be missed for MCU fans. Most of the live actors provided the voices to the characters with the notable exception of a few like Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Holland and Dave Bautista and Captain Marvel lady. Even Natalie Portman provided her voice
  • EtkBsNZ.jpg

Pig (2021). I wrongly assumed that this would be like a revenge genre tale like John Wick. But no, it is more of an Arthouse film targeted at the class of people that eat truffles. It is a very different role that Nicholas Cage tends to make. I prefer the his old films like Con Air, Face Off, National Treasures series. He made a lot of terrible films nowadays.
    This film I put it as an above average watch
  • ImDUPgv.jpeg

Ben-Hur (2016). Finally managed to catch this in full at my community hub. Always missed the front part previously. Overall it was a nice Christian tale. I have not watched the old classic except for its race scene.
  • 168sean168
    4086 posts Member
    edited October 25
    GK9tNmM.jpg

My Name (2021). This is an 8 episode revenge crime thriller from Korea. A good watch with some brutal fighting scenes in each episode. Plot wise not so unique as I already fairly knew the unfolding plot by ep 3. The beautiful actress is the first time I am seeing her. Han So Hee. Very good performance by her.

pyU4XpK.jpg
    lnObWvh.jpeg
    FZUpVdi.jpeg
    cGg6Q10.jpeg
    Pretty Han So Hee, got a bit of Song Hye Kyo Beauty
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    GWcPKDj.jpg

Dune (2021) The inside title is called Dune Part One. I like the attention to details of this film that could bring a smile to fans of the novels. Fans of Dune strategy games may also like it with items like Refinery, Silo, missile turrets, missile tanks. The ornithopter was depicted superbly. Soundtrack is nice although i totallly forgot about it after the show, unlike the iconic Dune 1984 musics which I could still remember. Beautiful scenes and sound, this film deserved to be watched on the big screen. It is much more accessible compared to Blade 2049

A very good watch.

I really enjoyed this too Sean. A good story with nice effects and pacing. Denis Villeneuve has become one of the best directors working today. I look forward to part two.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • @Rhinomix76 glad you like it. I was initially afraid that I might overhype the film. I am a bit biased as I did read the novel and played it's game.
  • Just watched the new Dune. I think it's much easier to follow than the 80s version. By the end i was ready for its second half, vs the 80s version i might have fallen asleep. Still the same old story of rich people battling over natural resources though. I wonder if TSTO will try to capitalize on the hype with a desert themed mini event lol
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 168sean168
    4086 posts Member
    edited October 26
    qMQm11j.jpg
    The Forgotten Battle (2021). This is a Dutch film that depicted a battle that played an important role on D Day through dramatisation of a few characters from various sides. The war scenes are not grand but still looked nicely done. It was the second most expensive Dutch film ever made though. It was a good watch for me.

ZBgCbJy.jpg
    This Dutch actress Susan Radder is exceptionally pretty.
  • 4kq733r8ssfy.jpg

Season Two of this Netflix mystery fantasy series. I really enjoy this show and this season was almost as good as the first. A good watch
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    4086 posts Member
    edited October 29
    6l1gyl1.jpeg

Christopher Robin (2018). I didn't grow up with this cartoon but quite familiar with the toy Winnie the Pooh.

fKDODah.jpeg

It is a rather boring watch for me, probably also due to the low volume set by my community hub, unable to hear the background music clearly.

But it does have some nice moments. I think fans of this cartoon may like it. The CGI is quite good though.

Wj96aEA.jpeg