EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168
    4234 posts Member
    edited January 17
    iuCd81T.jpg
    8i5X5kt.jpg

Penny Pinchers (2011) A korean romance comedy about a carefree but jobless man meeting a woman that was penny pinching. The actress Han Ye Seul is like my fourth favourite actress after I saw her in the TV drama Couple or Trouble, a remade of the film Overboard. But she did not look nice in this film, as her image was portrayed as unglamorous. Interestingly she appeared only in two films so far and both were related to money. The other was Miss Gold Digger which I like

The actor is the very popular Song Joong-ki, ex husband of Song Hye Kyo. He was very animated and funny in this film. I think his fans would like this film.

But because I don't quite understand the money saving scheme used in the plot, this film was just an above average watch for me.
  • akuj0m5rnh28.jpg

Animated superhero series based off the comics by Robert Kirkland, creator of The Walking Dead. I enjoyed this show. It's a different take on the genre with some surprising plot twists. It is heavy on the blood and violence which may surprise some not expecting it. A good watch.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • Sounds good. @Rhinomix76. Though the poster looks so innocent
  • lswqbmo8a5ln.jpg

Amazon series based on long running fantasy book series. Beautiful locations and set design are the highlight for me, along with a fun and engaging, if not sometimes unclear, storyline. Some of the characters and actors aren't up to par for me but overall it was a good watch.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • lecqiviaf3y1.jpg

Good little sci fi movie starring Chris Pratt. The main plot, sending people from the present to fight a future war, seems a little time paradoxy lol but it was still a fun film with lots of action. A good watch.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • ms55umc1wgpz.jpg

Excellent new film by Guillermo del Toro about a carnival worker conman. I liked the first half more than the second mainly due to the setting but it didn't diminish my enjoyment for the film overall. Very well made and acted and the ending was perfect. A good watch.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • zIG81E4.jpeg

All of Us are Dead (2022). This is a Korean zombie series. 12 episodes at 1 hr each. Good character development and yet still moves along that made you want to binge watch. While it was mostly teenagers centric, there were also adult dramas. Not very violent in my view. Overall it was a great watch.
  • F5czSjQ.jpeg

The Policeman's Lineage (2022) A Korean crime thriller about an undercover rookie cop assigned to a seemingly crooked cop head. The plot was quite complicated and there was minimal actions. The whole film was story and acting driven. Overall it was an average watch.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    zIG81E4.jpeg

All of Us are Dead (2022). This is a Korean zombie series. 12 episodes at 1 hr each. Good character development and yet still moves along that made you want to binge watch. While it was mostly teenagers centric, there were also adult dramas. Not very violent in my view. Overall it was a great watch.

I enjoyed this series as well. It had excellent choreography during the action scenes, especially the long tracking shots of people escaping/running from the zombies. I felt the series was way to long though it would of been better if streamlined to 8 hours. Overall it was a good watch though.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • Rhinomix76
    328 posts Member
    edited February 10
    wrvbnc3lxor4.jpg

Spinoff Star Wars show featuring everyone's favorite bounty hunter. I really enjoyed the show though it fell just a little short of being as good as The Mandalorian. Loved the first few episodes but then, without posting spoilers, it turned into a different show for a bit. However the finale really turned it up a notch with a decent ending. I'm excited to see the upcoming Star Wars universe shows and if they can keep the high quality going.
    Post edited by Rhinomix76 on
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • mvernagvq4mz.png

An excellent new creature feature/horror film about a young boy harboring a terrible secret and his teacher trying to get to the bottom of it. While the screenplay isn't anything groundbreaking, the acting, directing and cinematography are top notch. A good watch.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    4234 posts Member
    edited February 15
    6amkc7n.jpeg
    zuDgXzc.jpeg

Dexter - 8 seasons of 12 episodes each running from 2006 to 2013. A gripping drama about a serial killer vigilante. Many interesting characters with funny, sad and exciting moments. Once started cannot stop watching. It also has a lot of nice Latin salsa songs in it, the first time I encountered such an arrangement. Plotline is easy to follow. I only start to watch when Dexter new blood came out. Because I wasn't sure if it was cancelled without a proper ending. But the ending in season 8 is actually quite complete. A very good watch.

• eKNxXl5.jpeg

Dexter New Blood (2021). 10 episodes. Vibes were totally different from Dexter. The writings for the ending was not very good and was abrupt. Overall it was still entertaining.
  • ydGiuk2.jpeg

Fistful of Vengeance (2022). Can be viewed as a spin-off story from the series Wu Assassins. It has a lot of action, some of which were good but mostly were not so spectacular. Plot and acting were not very good. An above average watch for its actions.
  • YbhKngY.jpeg

Peacemaker Season 1 (2022). Eight episodes and I watched it at one go. Good watch but has a lot of silly and annoying dialogues.
    YbhKngY.jpeg

Peacemaker Season 1 (2022). Eight episodes and I watched it at one go. Good watch but has a lot of silly and annoying dialogues.

I loved it. One of my favorite new shows
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • ajlZUQw.jpeg

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022). Again a new sequel based off the original film. Quite a decent slasher flick I would say with good amount of gore.
    ajlZUQw.jpeg

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022). Again a new sequel based off the original film. Quite a decent slasher flick I would say with good amount of gore.

Yes it was very gory lol. But I enjoyed it too. A different take than the previous remakes/sequels.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 6p3mb9pb3dfa.jpg

Prequel film to the spy series that explores how the organization came to be. Lots of action and good visuals made it a good watch for me. I would be interested in seeing more stories in this franchise.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • ydNpGxW.jpg

Guess the movie title of this artwork?