EA Forums - Banner

Ipad memory question...better on 4?

Indys2nd
1906 posts Member
It usually comes down to how many decorations they have, i deleted one friend who had all their land covered in white houses apart from land that had other buildings on it and it took a good 2 mins to access.

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    I use an iPhone5 & an iPad2, I have 100friends and all land going, the game runs better on the iPhone5 for sure, but the iPad2 doesnt give me a problems either :)

The only i problem i do have is with a couple of friends towns on both devices cos their towns are so complex with loads of decorations etc t takes ages to load and sometimes crashes while loading their town :( Im not going to say who cos they probably already know ;)

In answer to your question you will be fine on the iPad2 and to own all the land :) mine is fine and i dont have alot of memory left on it either :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I use an iPhone5 & an iPad2, I have 100friends and all land going, the game runs better on the iPhone5 for sure, but the iPad2 doesnt give me a problems either :)

The only i problem i do have is with a couple of friends towns on both devices cos their towns are so complex with loads of decorations etc t takes ages to load and sometimes crashes while loading their town :( Im not going to say who cos they probably already know ;)

In answer to your question you will be fine on the iPad2 and to own all the land :) mine is fine and i dont have alot of memory left on it either :lol:

Thanks Neo, good to know. I pm'ed the neighbor to see if I was the only one having trouble visiting. They tell me others are visiting and asked me to try today. It worked, but it took awhile to get in. (Same as you, I'm not saying who it is out of respect for that person.) So I guess I'll get in and visit when the system lets me. I don't expect that person to tear up their town. It's awesome! 8)

I still may invest in a new iPad at some point. But it's good to know I don't have to just to see my town. Plus I don't want to lose my neighbors.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    Indys2nd wrote:
    I still may invest in a new iPad at some point

I've been thinking about upgrading from the iPad2 but never get round to it :lol:
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited July 2013
    For the first 4 months i played the game solely on a 4s. Once i got the new iPad in January I thought I couldn't go back to the tiny screen. I was however quite wrong :mrgreen:
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    For the first 4 months i played the game solely on a 4s. Once i got the new iPad in January I thought I couldn't go back to the tiny screen. I was however quite wrong :mrgreen:

I tend to play alot on my phone and then use the iPad to move things around :) I know that what you see on the screen is exactly the same amount but i find it easier dont know why :lol:
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6220 posts Moderator
    edited July 2013
    This is why I try and keep it simple when it comes to decorations. Less lag. Like the old saying goes..."less is more"

Even then, the game runs smoother on my iPhone 5 than it does on my iPad 3
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    This is why I try and keep it simple when it comes to decorations. Less lag. Like the old saying goes..."less is more"

I hope Krusty Land doesn't make it harder to access one's town. Maybe they will set it up like visiting neighbors where you load just that part. I like my decorations and hate to have to get rid of some. But I get where your coming from with the decorating.
  • erik319
    640 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I play on an iPad 2 and I have no performance problems whatsoever, apart from a tiny bit of perfectly acceptable lag when dragging objects or navigating through my town which currently has 6.000+ objects.

Regarding your question about if the iPad 4 makes any difference, I'm sure you can guess the answer to that yourself as it's pretty obvious: it has a better CPU, a better GPU and twice the memory, I mean, come on :lol:

(and apparently on average the iPad 4 is about twice as fast as the iPad 2 and the iPad 3)

But now I'm pretty curious to see that one specific metropolis you mention. This must be a real monster 8)

Apart from all this I have no idea if certain objects are more CPU intensive than others, but I can imagine anything that moves is, so perhaps with a lot of balloons, house farms with floating money signs on top of them and lots of characters walking around on the streets you'll run into performance problems quicker?
  • erik319
    640 posts Member
    edited July 2013

The iPhone 5 has a performance similar to the iPad 4, it's also twice as fast as the iPad 2 and the iPad 3.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    Indys2nd wrote:

I hope Krusty Land doesn't make it harder to access one's town. Maybe they will set it up like visiting neighbors where you load just that part. I like my decorations and hate to have to get rid of some. But I get where your coming from with the decorating.

As far as the rumors go it will be a separate map, so i think it will be like going to visit friends :) But until it arrives who knows.....thats if it does arrive of course :lol:
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited July 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

I tend to play alot on my phone and then use the iPad to move things around :) I know that what you see on the screen is exactly the same amount but i find it easier dont know why :lol:

I'm the same, I think that the iPad mini would be perfect fit for almost any situation. No way I'm buying one though :mrgreen:
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

I'm the same, I think that the iPad mini would be perfect fit for almost any situation. No way I'm buying one though :mrgreen:

I'm not sure about the iPad mini i still prefer the normal iPad.....dont know why :lol:
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I've been using iPad2 for a long time and its never laggy unless there are 100,000 white houses.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!