EA Forums - Banner

New update does not work

I'm having the same problem. It's crashing on both my iPad and iPhone before I can get into my town. I can hear the sound of zombies and leveling up right before the crash. However, if I log out it will let me play my level 2 unregistered town.

Not sure why some people are able to play after the update. Are they running something other than iOS6? If anyone has any tips it would be much appreciated.

Replies

• kierown1k
    12 posts
    edited November 2012
    I am having the same problem, since i finished all the halloween quests the game has been completely unplayable for the past couple weeks, after i hit "tap to continue" i hear the zombie sound and then the game just crashes immediately after.
    Hopefully EA fill fix this bug in the next update

Newest Building: Krabappel Apartment
    Saving Up For: Land
    Halloween Progress: Got everything
    Best Mystery Box: Lemon Tree
    Premium Items: All buildings/decorations
    Playing Since: Launch date
    Five star town
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    My usual advice for people in this bind is look at this thread. It may not help, but at least it outlines the problem.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9050939.page
  • Jameh20
    200 posts
    edited November 2012
    Try manually closing the App.

Google it if you dont understand what this is.
  • Raidsmart
    47 posts
    edited November 2012
    If this persists you can reset you iDevice as that will almost certainly fix your issue but I doubt you would want to do that. Just keep trying and get lucky I suppose :? .
  • Jameh20
    200 posts
    edited November 2012
    ...or maybe remove the app and redownload it. you'll still have your springfield as you can just login to Origin :)
  • edited November 2012
    my game drops out after 7-9 seconds.

Deleted game(app)
    powered down phone
    Reinstalled app

and still kicks me after 7-9 seconds... HELP
  • mitchiemoo202
    35 posts
    edited November 2012
    I have the same problem, i'm unable to open the game as it crashes, have restarted phone etc to no avail
  • Vincefoy
    18 posts
    edited November 2012
    This is stupid. The game crashes because our towns are becoming too complicated for the servers to handle in retrospect it's crashing because we are actually completing what we are supposed to be doing with the game. The only thing we can do is hope that EA steps it up and makes the server able To handle the towns. As much as I love this game I do not have a choice but to stop playing until the next update. Hopefully they will fix this problem. One thing is for sure, I am not starting over from scratch.
  • saggiosrp
    12 posts
    edited November 2012
    I can't log on as well!

Keeps going to the Retry screen.
  • Dominar
    1 posts
    edited November 2012
    my game drops out after 7-9 seconds.

Deleted game(app)
    powered down phone
    Reinstalled app

and still kicks me after 7-9 seconds... HELP

+1. Same thing happening to me. I'm lvl 12. I'm done buying donuts. Looking back on the history fixes EA has been terrible. I don't trust this to be fixed anytime soon.
  • edited November 2012
    Pull your finger out EA and fix this problem already.
  • ashtray84
    1 posts
    edited November 2012
    Same problem here. Tapped Out freezes after about 5 seconds into the game (I mean actual gameplay). Great job EA.
  • tvfnask
    60 posts
    edited November 2012
    I have the same problem. Please EA, fix this! I'm having withdrawals!
  • EvilUrgency
    6 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm also having the same issue since the Thanksgiving update this morning. The game downloaded updates then I tapped to continue and I get the prompt for my day three reward which I tap through then Homer begins saying something about Thanksgiving and then the game crashes every time.

I've:
    force shut down the game
    uninstalled and reinstalled the game
    rebooted my phone
    logged out of Origin
    deleted all my "friends"

Nothing works... I have had a ticket open with EA for the many issues I had with the Halloween update (repeatedly had to restart the quests as my progress was lost, I have three Mayan calendars) that I have updated with this issue. I don't expect to hear anything though as the tickets been open for over a month and all the response I got was a form letter saying try these things. I had already tried all of those things as I had stated when I opened the ticket...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!