EA Forums - Banner

Update knocked me back a level? Grrrr!

So my game pulled a partial update last night and then another one this morning. I was level 31 , now I'm back at level 30. I'd already made level 30 three or four times. At least my Wolfcastle and gym are still building. Guess it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Yep, this happened to me. Fortunately, I finished a bonus level before 31 went live (getting 2 donuts) and then I got the 2 donuts from leveling up to 31. Then the game "updated" back to level 30, and then again to 31 a bit later. But I had to start at the beginning of 30 again (but I still have the donuts I got for 31).

And the XP needed to get to 31 again is about 40% less than it was before, and I'm nowhere near ready to build the 31 buildings in the questline, so it's basically like a short bonus level for me. Didn't lose anything at all, so I lucked out.

Replies

• grannybern14
    385 posts
    edited July 2013
    So my game pulled a partial update last night and then another one this morning. I was level 31 , now I'm back at level 30. I'd already made level 30 three or four times. At least my Wolfcastle and gym are still building. Guess it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Yep, this happened to me. Fortunately, I finished a bonus level before 31 went live (getting 2 donuts) and then I got the 2 donuts from leveling up to 31. Then the game "updated" back to level 30, and then again to 31 a bit later. But I had to start at the beginning of 30 again (but I still have the donuts I got for 31).

And the XP needed to get to 31 again is about 40% less than it was before, and I'm nowhere near ready to build the 31 buildings in the questline, so it's basically like a short bonus level for me. Didn't lose anything at all, so I lucked out.

My bonus donuts are still there as you said, so that's a plus. I suspect I will have to finish level 30 again once Wolfcastle finishes building before the quest will start. But at least that didn't disappear! And you're right, the xp requirement is much lower, I hadn't noticed until you pointed that out.
  • grannybern14
    385 posts
    edited July 2013
    Well my gym is done building, but I notice the timer is gone on Wolfcastle though its still ticking down on crypto barn. I'm afraid that if I tap the finished building hammer, before i reach level 31 again, they'll just disappear. Does anyone know? I don't have another half million dollars.
  • edited July 2013
    I received the update last night, started both the house and gym, but this morning both were missing from my Springfield and the money that was charged to start them was not back in my total. I kept re-logging in today thinking it was a server sync issue, but no dice. Anyone else "lose" the update?
  • grannybern14
    385 posts
    edited July 2013
    Bump
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Well my gym is done building, but I notice the timer is gone on Wolfcastle though its still ticking down on crypto barn. I'm afraid that if I tap the finished building hammer, before i reach level 31 again, they'll just disappear. Does anyone know? I don't have another half million dollars.

Personally, I would wait until you hit 31 again. Since technically you're at 30 and Wolfcastle is a 31 level building, you may lose it. Best case scenario is that when you hit 31, the game will "approve" of you having it and recognize it as complete and finished. Middle of the road is that when you hit 31, you have to start building it again but since you already bought it, you don't have to pay for it again. Worst case scenario is you lose it altogether, but if that's going to happen, there's no way around it.

At least by waiting, you better your chances of it working out.
  • edited July 2013
    Okay, this is why I don't post questions or concerns. An hour ago I had no update. Now from home I have everything back. Lol. Glad its there but it's just frustrating.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Okay, this is why I don't post questions or concerns. An hour ago I had no update. Now from home I have everything back. Lol. Glad its there but it's just frustrating.

So the buildings reappeared as they should? Awesome, if so.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited July 2013

Just hit 31 again tonight, and was rewarded 2 donuts again, just like the first time.
  • grannybern14
    385 posts
    edited July 2013

Just hit 31 again tonight, and was rewarded 2 donuts again, just like the first time.

I won't hit 31 again until tomorrow. It's been very hard to resist tapping Wolfcastle and the gym. Glad you got two more donuts! Here's hoping my buildings stay put!
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited July 2013

I won't hit 31 again until tomorrow. It's been very hard to resist tapping Wolfcastle and the gym. Glad you got two more donuts! Here's hoping my buildings stay put!

Did this work out for you?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!