EA Forums - Banner

My new restaurant district (finished?)

That's pretty fancy, I like it. Since suggestions are encouraged, I would change the angle statues to something else. The color of them looks odd next to the cobble stone walls. Maybe a couple of ice sculptures or the statue of Smithers holding Burns' head. Just a suggestion.

Replies

• dadilydoo750
    344 posts
    edited July 2013
    I like it :) Did something similar.
    What bothers me a lot when designing is how some buildings clearly are made for placement on grass and some on concrete. Making it impossible to blend some buildings in a good way. Which makes you compromise in designing.

Here's mine:

lYsxGjd.jpg
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited July 2013
    Good layout jsykay. My suggestion - limit the amount of pavement. Make the pavement a path and increase grass area around fountain. Add benches/chairs next to fountain so that people can relax there after a meal and before the show. More shrubbery too!
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited July 2013
    Think it look awesome Jay. What about a few benches around your centre peace? Honestly I like it so u dont need to change anything :)
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    That's pretty fancy, I like it. Since suggestions are encouraged, I would change the angle statues to something else. The color of them looks odd next to the cobble stone walls. Maybe a couple of ice sculptures or the statue of Smithers holding Burns' head. Just a suggestion.

Great suggestion! I knew I bought four of the Burns statues for a reason. :D

Also added a couple more patio chairs, here's updated version:

null_zps4cdd2c2e.png

@dadilydoo that looks great :) good use of the bridges and cobblestone walls.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    Good layout jsykay. My suggestion - limit the amount of pavement. Make the pavement a path and increase grass area around fountain. Add benches/chairs next to fountain so that people can relax there after a meal and before the show. More shrubbery too!

I tried that but I'm no good at shrubbery/gardening haha :lol: I'm gonna have another go at it now, part of me thinks that there's too much pavement too, even before I posted the original pic, thanks heaps :D

@Skyrim thanks buddy! You're too kind :D Benches coming right up! :)
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited July 2013
    Wow, I used to think I had a pretty good town before coming to these forums lol, massive punch to the self esteem lol. Look great!! - I wanna give something like this a go, but my restaurants are spread all over town and I can't stomach the thought of tearing it all down lol
  • sahl908
    989 posts
    edited July 2013
    I think it looks great. More detail would enhance the look (I can only see your 1st pic and half of the updated one; my internet is that bad :()

The fountain looks great. Maybe try adding the golden statue at each corner? I would also add more tables and chairs.

I have done something similar, just without any walls covering it. (I do realise the layout of each is identical ;))

8858211289_0c8095e12d_c.jpg
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    Woah Sahl that's brilliant. The layout works dude, if it ain't broke don't fix it hey? Oh what I would do if I had all of the land :(

Okay, so here it is after a little bit of tweaking, thanks so much for all of your suggestions guys :)

Thoughts now?

null_zpsa1cbc780.png
  • sahl908
    989 posts
    edited July 2013
    Woah Sahl that's brilliant. The layout works dude, if it ain't broke don't fix it hey? Oh what I would do if I had all of the land :(

Okay, so here it is after a little bit of tweaking, thanks so much for all of your suggestions guys :)

Thoughts now?

null_zpsa1cbc780.png

Looks awesome!
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    Thanks again Sahl happydance_zps6e52a868.gif Still tweaking it, just added speakers too. It's all the little things that make a difference. :P
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    8735961550_151f70dd8b_o.jpg
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited July 2013
    I think it looks great. I would try to soften the pavement line with shrubs as it meets the outdoor stage line.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    menace1211 wrote:
    I think it looks great. I would try to soften the pavement line with shrubs as it meets the outdoor stage line.

Thanks man :) Here is the final product (Sponsored by the Radioactive Man movie :P)!!

null_zpsfd16f1ad.png

Better? :)

PS That looks fantastic MelDesigner. Really, really good stuff. I love how you've given each restaurant it's own personality! When can we be friends? happydance_zps6e52a868.gifhappydance_zps6e52a868.gif
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited July 2013
    I really like the finished district! :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!