EA Forums - Banner

TREEHOUSE OF HORROR XXX LIVE

Replies

• Thank you!

Lets do this >:3
    ~Always be Designing~
  • Can’t seem to buy God, even though it says you can on the task menu.
  • nmd6
    143 posts Member
    edited October 23
    Bought God. 777 does seem a lot for new and occasional players but most of us have been complaining for months that we have been stockpiling donuts but we have nothing to spend them on so I didn't mind splashing out a few. Anyway even without buying bloodmobiles or RTT's I'll still be able to replace the donuts in a week.

No Mystery box for me though so I guess I had everything in it. Insert sad emoji. I also have donuts as prizes in the quest line so I guess I have those prizes too. We get a new character at the beginning and end so it's not all doom and gloom for leong term players.

Although I did get monster burns which completed an old incomplete character set for me. And the wavey trees are back which are great value for boosting your multiplier.

Just glad I have something to do other than grind out donuts.
  • I went a bit crazy and got like 30 spooky dungeons, two catacombs, several walls, lamps, pumpkins, ballons, house, haycarriages, creepy bushes, trees, and so much more, god I have missed those things.
  • nmd6 wrote: »
    Bought God. 777 does seem a lot for new and occasional players but most of us have been complaining for months that we have been stockpiling donuts but we have nothing to spend them on so I didn't mind splashing out a few. Anyway even without buying bloodmobiles or RTT's I'll still be able to replace the donuts in a week.

No Mystery box for me though so I guess I had everything in it. Insert sad emoji. I also have donuts as prizes in the quest line so I guess I have those prizes too. We get a new character at the beginning and end so it's not all doom and gloom for leong term players.

Although I did get monster burns which completed an old incomplete character set for me. And the wavey trees are back which are great value for boosting your multiplier.

Just glad I have something to do other than grind out donuts.

How did you buy God? In the menu for crafting the first prize, it shows him to purchase with a buy now button. When I click it, it takes me to the Halloween XXX menu with nothing there.
  • nmd6
    143 posts Member
    I just clicked on gil who was walking about my town with an exclamation mark above his head.
  • nmd6 wrote: »
    I just clicked on gil who was walking about my town with an exclamation mark above his head.
    Gil never popped for me. I shut the game down completely and then Gil popped up. Thanks!
  • They haven’t increased the item count.......****!?!
  • i dont have sorcerer frink and treestache in my mystery box.
    probably some bundle problem but cant figure out
  • might be me but this event seems lazily written n poorly conceived.

the stranger things tie in type treehouse of horrors to the stranger things spoof would have been sweet. this just seems like extra overflow they had for the recent event. they could have still added the other stuff like the monkey paw shop plus god n others but still had a great huge event as well tht really pushed the envelope. Rip my respect for EA. but ill take what they give me cause they run things n its better then nothing i guess. even if its a watered down version of what we could have got for an event.

• I’m trying not to be ungrateful but i truly miss finding and tapping on characters to collect stuff instead of just sending them on jobs over and over 😢
  • Loving the Malicious Krubb storyline, myself. Hilarious. Neither SVT nor Ole’ Gil can catch a break. 🎃🎃
  • Big82S wrote: »
    might be me but this event seems lazily written n poorly conceived.

the stranger things tie in type treehouse of horrors to the stranger things spoof would have been sweet. this just seems like extra overflow they had for the recent event. they could have still added the other stuff like the monkey paw shop plus god n others but still had a great huge event as well tht really pushed the envelope. Rip my respect for EA. but ill take what they give me cause they run things n its better then nothing i guess. even if its a watered down version of what we could have got for an event.

Given the span of time we waited, I was really hoping they'd gotten back on track too. It's disheartening.
  • Big82S wrote: »
    might be me but this event seems lazily written n poorly conceived.

Given the span of time we waited, I was really hoping they'd gotten back on track too. It's disheartening.

It seems more and more likely that this format is IT.

Christmas will be the test. If that's another event in this same format, then I think we can safely assume that's how ALL events will run in the future.

I don't get it - would it be that tough to recycle/update another style event from the past?

Not even asking for anything unique - just something different than this same style!
  • While there have been some bright spots to this event (I've been waiting for Kamala and Troll Moe for awhile, I know Deadshot_DCU was been wanting the Monkey Paw guy), but so far this has been a disappointment. First off, no music or dark effects when playing; just the dark green water. Second, no increase in the item limit. I've purchased all the land at this point, and I have a lot of room, but I cannot build anything new without removing something else. Finally, is recycling old premium content that we've won or paid donuts for really the best they can do? Why not bring in the Golems, a Nightmare Willie skin, or a Isle of Dr. Hibbert Comic Book Satyr? C'mon, EA! You're better than this!
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3052 posts Member
    edited October 24
    While there have been some bright spots to this event (I've been waiting for Kamala and Troll Moe for awhile, I know Deadshot_DCU was been wanting the Monkey Paw guy), but so far this has been a disappointment. First off, no music or dark effects when playing; just the dark green water. Second, no increase in the item limit. I've purchased all the land at this point, and I have a lot of room, but I cannot build anything new without removing something else. Finally, is recycling old premium content that we've won or paid donuts for really the best they can do? Why not bring in the Golems, a Nightmare Willie skin, or a Isle of Dr. Hibbert Comic Book Satyr? C'mon, EA! You're better than this!

It's just that when you've been playing as long as some of us have, the thrill of leveling up and acquiring stuff fades. There has to be something added periodically to the gameplay to keep it interesting. There's no focus on long-time players anymore. I haven't encountered the item limit, thankfully, but failing to adjust that is also frustrating for fellow veterans and more proof that we're an afterthought. Except when it endangers the bottom line (wailing walls).

These events are just the same gameplay with new items. Sorry EA but adding dialogue for a quest line isn't enough fun. I'm finding myself not logging on regularly as I used to during these events, because I just don't have the same enthusiasm for what happens next.
  • I'd rather have things to spend my in-game currency on. I'm currently buying lots of Brambles to replace some of my hedges.