EA Forums - Banner

Where did the Walk-Through thread go?

Prev1
bartap74 wrote:
I can't seem to find it, and it's easily the most useful thread in the forum.

You are right. I don't see it either. Do they take it away when updating it? :shock:

Replies

• pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited July 2013
    I had bookmarked it and when I click that bookmark it says it no longer exists. This is the second bookmark I found today that appears to have been deleted.
  • bartap74
    144 posts
    edited July 2013
    Would a moderator care to weigh in?
  • philiweiss
    378 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I miss it too, please bring it back!
  • Samwellthefirst
    201 posts
    edited July 2013
    I had bookmarked it and when I click that bookmark it says it no longer exists. This is the second bookmark I found today that appears to have been deleted.

I had it up on the screen last night then when I opened the iPad up this morning and the page refreshed I got just that. And for some reason it logged me off. :?
  • sahl908
    989 posts
    edited July 2013
    Found this in an earlier thread.
    They may be working on it as there were some issues with merging the different questline for Wolfcastle to be in proper order.

For the time being here is a link: The ninth post down illustrates WolfCastle's quests:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9624900.page

Hope that is what you are looking for.

Inside that link:
    spankyKALX wrote:
    Repost from chrisp530...
    "Here's the whole thing:

Celeb-O-Mania Part 1
    (Quimby Triggers)
    Build Wolfcastle Mansion($343,500).

Make Wolfcastle Promote Planet Hype( 16 hours)

Celeb-O-Mania Part 2
    Make Wolfcastle Exercise(4 Hours)

Egoin' Crazy Part 1
    (Krusty Triggers)
    Make Krusty inflate his importance(6 hours)

Egoin' Crazy Part 2
    (Brockman triggers)
    Make Brockman record eye on Springfield(12 hours)

Celeb-o-Mania Part 3
    (Burns Triggers)

Make Burns hide Nuclear waste(8 hours)

Climbing Up the D List Part 1
    (Cletus triggers)
    Make Wolfcastle Shoot show at Cletus's Farm(12 hours)

Cletus- Yokel it up at farm, (12 hours)

Climbing up the D List Part 2
    Make Wolfcastle shoot show at El Chemistri(Wiggum Triggers)

Climbing up the D List part 3
    Make Homer Eat Famous Guatemalan Insanity Pepper(12 hours)

Celeb-O- Mania Part 4
    (Skinner triggers)

Make Wolfcastle Pose(8 hours)

Make Krabappel Go For a Smoke Break(3 times)(10 min)

Egoin' Crazy Part 3
    (Brockman Triggers)

Make Brockman Create a Viewtube Video(4 hours).

Egoin' Crazy Part 4
    (Wolfcastle triggers)

Make Wolfcastle Go in for a Closer Inspection of his laces (36 hours)

Celeb-O-Mania Part 5
    (Carl Triggers)

Make Carl drink at Moe's(8 hours)

Make Lenny Drink at Moe's(8 hours)

Climbing Up the D List Part 4
    (Moe Triggers)

Build Pimento Grove
    Make Wolfcastle Shoot Show at Pimento Grove(12 hours)
    Make Moe **** Patrons at Pimento Grove(12 hours)

Climbing up the D List Part 5
    (Bart Triggers)

Make Marge Walk Maggie
    (8 hours)

Celeb-O-Mania Part 6
    (Smithers Triggers)

Make Wolfcastle Appear on a Talk Show
    (1 hour)

Celeb-O-Mania Part 7
    (Wolfcastle Triggers)

Make Wolfcastle Relax in his Mansion
    (24 hours)

Climbing Up the D List Part 6
    (Wolfcastle Triggers)

Make Wolfcastle Exercise
    (4 hours)

Egoin' Crazy Part 5
    (Wolfcastle Triggers)

Make Wolfcastle Shoot Action Footage
    (12 Hours)"
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    bartap74 wrote:

It was taken down. See if you can spot the point in this thread, where, people who volunteer hours of their own time to put these things together might have felt insulted enough to want it removed:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9624900.page#29486015

It may get returned. Or it may be left to someone else to create a thread with a walkthrough from now on. We'll have to wait and see.

As happens too often, the thoughtless comments of a tiny percentage of people ruin things for the rest. Disappointing, I know. :roll:
  • bartap74
    144 posts
    edited July 2013
    So...you post something that is helpful to pretty much everyone on the board, a couple of people have the temerity to question the accuracy of the walkthrough (and yes, apparently unfairly), so you decide to take your ball and go home? Not exactly the most mature response. Forums like this are always going to have people who go above and beyond to post useful content and then there will always be people who are supremely grateful and people who nitpick and criticize anyway. The trick is to ignore that last group and know that people appreciate you anyway. There's no point in letting a couple of flies spoil a perfectly good picnic.
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited July 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    bartap74 wrote:

It was taken down. See if you can spot the point in this thread, where, people who volunteer hours of their own time to put these things together might have felt insulted enough to want it removed:

It may get returned. Or it may be left to someone else to create a thread with a walkthrough from now on. We'll have to wait and see.

As happens too often, the thoughtless comments of a tiny percentage of people ruin things for the rest. Disappointing, I know. :roll:

Didn't see anything in there that was that harsh...... :roll:
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    bartap74 wrote:
    So...you post something that is helpful to pretty much everyone on the board, a couple of people have the temerity to question the accuracy of the walkthrough (and yes, apparently unfairly), so you decide to take your ball and go home? Not exactly the most mature response. Forums like this are always going to have people who go above and beyond to post useful content and then there will always be people who are supremely grateful and people who nitpick and criticize anyway. The trick is to ignore that last group and know that people appreciate you anyway. There's no point in letting a couple of flies spoil a perfectly good picnic.

Perhaps. I had nothing to do with the walkthrough, though. However, I do know how much time was spent doing it. And that, by nature, it's a constant work in progress. It's possible that those responsible for putting it together may not want to continue to devote time to it on an ongoing basis.

The walkthrough is above for the current quest-lines.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    After the guide was abandoned by the creator, we tried to keep it going. It was far more costly and time consuming than we had anticipated. It costs real money with having to use donuts to speed through the builds/tasks. It also is a serious time commitment to maintain the guide.

Taking it down was a combined moderator decision because we cannot continue to maintain it.

If any forum member wishes to take over the task of maintaining the guide? Feel free to PM a mod and we will provide you with the old guide information to use as a template to create a new one.

Till then, we will have to rely on the other forum members who post their own progress.
  • HsueEEE
    233 posts
    edited July 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    After the guide was abandoned by the creator, we tried to keep it going. It was far more costly and time consuming than we had anticipated. It costs real money with having to use donuts to speed through the builds/tasks. It also is a serious time commitment to maintain the guide.

Taking it down was a combined moderator decision because we cannot continue to maintain it.

If any forum member wishes to take over the task of maintaining the guide? Feel free to PM a mod and we will provide you with the old guide information to use as a template to create a new one.

Till then, we will have to rely on the other forum members who post their own progress.

why not just leave it up for what there is now? Im sure people update the guide with donuts instead of the mods doing it...
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited July 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

I vote for chrisp530 to do it if he's willing! :D he's always a good source of information :D
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    HsueEEE wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

why not just leave it up for what there is now? Im sure people update the guide with donuts instead of the mods doing it...

We did that when it was first abandoned and then multiple threads/posts were created after the guide was outdated by at least two updates. The gist of the posts were demands that the guide be updated. We attempted it and then realized it was too costly and time consuming.

So that is not an option, unfortunately, because it still needs to be maintained.

I suppose we could just put it up with a disclaimer that the guide is no longer maintained and let it end at Squidport.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

I vote for chrisp530 to do it if he's willing! :D he's always a good source of information :D

He helped with the Wolfcastle one and I don't want to speak for him but I don't think he has the time it takes to maintain it. I think it's better to nominate yourself instead of somebody else. That was the point of my post. If somebody wants to do it themselves, then they should speak up and volunteer.
  • lll3lucky
    546 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh WOW...just WOW!!! Sad to see it gone :( Believe it or not there are more people who really appreciated the walkthroughs than those who complained. Please reconsider, not just for myself, but for all of us who are humbly grateful for all the efforts by the MODS(past and present) who take their time to help us. Thank you :)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    lll3lucky wrote:
    Oh WOW...just WOW!!! Sad to see it gone :( Believe it or not there are more people who really appreciated the walkthroughs than those who complained. Please reconsider, not just for myself, but for all of us who are humbly grateful for all the efforts by the MODS(past and present) who take their time to help us. Thank you :)

Sahl have volunteered to take over it. It's in the process of being put back up with a new "keeper".
  • Don_Have_A_Cow
    495 posts
    edited July 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    HsueEEE wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

We did that when it was first abandoned and then multiple threads/posts were created after the guide was outdated by at least two updates. The gist of the posts were demands that the guide be updated. We attempted it and then realized it was too costly and time consuming.

So that is not an option, unfortunately, because it still needs to be maintained.

I suppose we could just put it up with a disclaimer that the guide is no longer maintained and let it end at Squidport.

I'm not sure i follow that rationale...I would rather see you ban the folks who demand the guide be updated then abandon the guide itself.

And why do you need donuts to speed everything up? No one says the guide has to be finished the same day an update comes out.

I found the guide extremely helpful when I first found this place. It was the page I bookmarked in fact. I'm sorry to see it abandoned. :cry:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    HsueEEE wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

I'm not sure i follow that rationale...I would rather see you ban the folks who demand the guide be updated then abandon the guide itself.

And why do you need donuts to speed everything up? No one says the guide has to be finished the same day an update comes out.

I found the guide extremely helpful when I first found this place. It was the page I bookmarked in fact. I'm sorry to see it abandoned. :cry:

It takes hours to moderate this forum, none of us had the time to also maintain the guide. It also cost real money to speed things up or you had to rely on others to do it and sometimes there would be communication errors.

It was a decision we all made. We no longer want to maintain it.

However - good thing is that as I posted above, a forum member has offered to take over the guide.
  • bartap74
    144 posts
    edited July 2013
    Even if the guide was updated in real time (i.e. without donuts being used to speed it up), it would still be an invaluable resource.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    bartap74 wrote:

I apologize for my comment, if thats the comment that did the damage. It's just that I've had a hard time with finding my way from the stickied walkthrough nowadays. In fact, I was a bit lost with the Wolfcastle quests, as the second quest was listed on the walkthrough as the last. But chrisp's walkthrough seems spot on now. I've been using it since I saw it posted yesterday. Please accept my apology. :cry: :oops: :cry:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.