EA Forums - Banner

On October 23rd I tried to purchase donuts twice and the game charged me but didn’t get the donuts.

evolovemiami
7 posts Member
edited November 2019
On October 23rd I bought donuts for the new release of the Halloween update. I bought 300 donuts for 19.99$ the donuts never appeared and I thought I did something wrong and repurchased them again but still no donuts. I looked to see if the charge went through on my iTunes and it did and since my husband and I share a iTunes account he was sent two emails on the charges, I contacted EA games immediately telling them about this problem. They requested all these screenshots of proof of purchase. I uploaded all the screenshots and the techs keep writing me then closing my case and the issue is still not resolved and you can imagine how frustrated and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I am. You can’t contact anyone on the phone. With most companies if an error like this has happened, you call, give them your account info and they rectify the problem but not EA games. I cannot believe it’s November 3rd and it’s still not resolved.
Post edited by evolovemiami on

Replies

• If anyone can help me I’d greatly appreciate it.
  • Contact Apple app store. EA cannot restore your purchase directly.
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Contact Apple app store. EA cannot restore your purchase directly.

That’s interesting, I’m pretty sure when I requested a refund from Apple a few years ago their policy was that they took no responsibility for in-app purchases. But I just did some googling and they do. Dunno whether I was wrong back then or whether their policy has changed, but it’s good to know.
  • Thank you both for trying to help me
  • niahunt
    268 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    This also happened to me. I contacted EA & received a standard email stating they would contact me within 72 hours.

The time period passed with no contact.
    I requested a refund from Apple & received the credit back within 24 hours.

My suggestion is ask for a refund from Apple explaining what you purchased & didn’t receive.
  • Nobody on this forum can give you a refund, nor do we work for Apple or EA. If you have a billing issue, contact Apple and / or EA for assistance. As a last resort, you could try doing a chargeback with the bank that issued your credit card.
  • That's quite a lot of personal information you're revealing there. Those screengrabs don't help here, so I'd recommend editing your comments to remove them!
  • @evolovemiami This is a players forum. I strongly suggest you remove those screenshots as they put way too much info out there. Even if this was EA support you shouldn't post that type of info where it is openly accessible to everyone.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    @evolovemiami This is a players forum. I strongly suggest you remove those screenshots as they put way too much info out there. Even if this was EA support you shouldn't post that type of info where it is openly accessible to everyone.

Reminds me of when I posted on my Facebook page, bragging that I could still remember my childhood phone number from 1953. My sister added a comment in response, saying [I paraphrase] "Nettie, could you delete that phone number from your post? I use it for my banking passcode! ". And a whole BUNCH of folks in our Facebook friend list responded, teasing her for letting them know how to access her bank account. ;)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Same thing here...save your apple receipt from email as a pdf, file a case with EA and within a few hours you’ll have your donuts. FYI a screen shot of the email will not work!
  • @evolovemiami I have deleted all your posts containing personal information for your privacy.
  • This happened to me as well. Like you, evolovemiami, I made purchases confirmed by Apple Store receipts, but no in game donuts. EA was absolutely no help. I ultimately contacted Apple and promptly received refund.