EA Forums - Banner

Is the end in sight?

Prev1
Just saw this news link. Really can't say how legit it is but should start some interesting discussion.... Also have no idea who it is they are quoting. Perhaps some show fans can shed some light?
https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/the-simpsons-is-coming-to-an-end-according-to-danny-elfman/amp/
Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.

Replies

• Well we all gotta go sometime
  • Don't they have one more season before it ends.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    Don't they have one more season before it ends.

I believe so, think that we are currently on season 30 and the rumor is it'll finish after season 31 so another one to go, 31 years is a pretty decent run, well that supposes the the rumors are correct and it'll finish after another season, guess we have to wait and see or until we get an announcement from Disney.

I believe so, think that we are currently on season 30 and the rumor is it'll finish after season 31 so another one to go, 31 years is a pretty decent run, well that supposes the the rumors are correct and it'll finish after another season, guess we have to wait and see or until we get an announcement from Disney.

We're on season 31 so will be 32 for the end. Hope they end it with another movie which is also a rumour.
  • "The Simpsons might be coming to an end."

Emphasis on the MIGHT BE... ;)

I would love another movie :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
    Castiel19x wrote: »

We're on season 31 so will be 32 for the end. Hope they end it with another movie which is also a rumour.
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    "The Simpsons might be coming to an end."

Emphasis on the MIGHT BE... ;)

I would love another movie :)

Agree with you both, would love another movie and thanks for the correction on season numbers as I wasn't sure (to be honest I really don't check what season/episode it is I just enjoy watching) but even if the series finishes it doesn't mean the game has to as they could always just develop game only content as they have in the past anyway.
  • jaythecanadian
    633 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, when the show ends (whenever it happens lol).....EA would keep the game going for a few more years as they would want to add everything from past to current seasons.

Edit:

https://www.bubbleblabber.com/ok-❤️❤️❤️❤️-danny-elfman-forgets-the-simpsons-already-renewed/

Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • fail. besides s32 and 33 are already confirmed
  • fail. besides s32 and 33 are already confirmed

Thanks. Nice to know. AND.. we spent time talking about something other than land lokens :)

Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Way I saw the interview was the guy who wrote the song let of a bombshell denied it then got back to talking about his song and how long it had been on the TV.

Artists.
  • It will probably end after season 33. MATT Groening has already said he would like to do another movie but it’s too much work to do while the show is still going. I think they’ll keep putting movies out every so often. It would be cool if they kept doing THOH on Disney+ forever.
  • Would love a new Simpsons movie. :)
  • Yeah, when the show ends (whenever it happens lol).....EA would keep the game going for a few more years as they would want to add everything from past to current seasons

I think EA are going to end Tapped Out :'( this years Halloween event was a mini - event and so is the thanksgiving event so it could be the last event for the Christmas Event then who knows EA have run out of ideas for Tapped Out as for The Simpsons sadly in this PC Snowflake world your not allowed to Joke or have stereotype characters like Apu who's not in the show anymore :s I know The Simpsons has been getting worse I would say for the last 18 years before that it was the best show on TV ! sadly it's past it's sell by date a new film hopefully will revive the love and bring back the humour from the old days.
  • jaythecanadian
    633 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    ^you typed within the quote. Some people do that sometimes....no worries. Can a mod fix that? lol
    Do not add me as a friend in the game anymore as I rarely visit my friends' towns. Not adding anymore too
  • Doubtful. Especially since Disney just acquired it. They’ll never stop the Simpsons. Have no fear, they’ve got stories for years.
  • The Simpsons showrunner denies the rumours that the show Is ending.
  • They’ve been saying the show will end for years. It hasn’t happened yet.

Although, to be honest, the show has been hit or miss most of the time anyways. The last few seasons have been especially weird. It’s been insufferable in other ways. And it tried to hard to make social commentary, but always came off as talking down to the audience. They’ve made homer even stupider than he was, which is a feat in and of itself. And Lisa. . . She can single handedly ruin an episode with her nagging.

I know the shows ratings aren’t what they used to be. Most people who grew up watching it have long given up on it. Hell, I only watch it as background noise on Hulu while I’m doing something else and when I pay closer attention, I have the urge to just change it to something else.

If the show focused more on comedy, it would bring back a lot of viewers, in my opinion.

Either which way, I doubt it’ll go anywhere. At this point, the two things keeping it going are the record length and its iconic name.
    "The ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of the future will be the anti-❤️❤️❤️❤️."
  • baksinengl89
    839 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Doubtful. Especially since Disney just acquired it. They’ll never stop the Simpsons. Have no fear, they’ve got stories for years.

Of course the show will end sooner or later.

You forget that the actors that do all the voice acting for the main characters like Homer, Marge, Lisa, Bart, etc may wanna retire or eventually die from old age.

So no, the show definitely won't go on forever like you claim.
    Post edited by baksinengl89 on
  • jaythecanadian
    633 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    We have always had those old rumors that the show as going to end after that particular season.....I remember an old rumor that the Simpsons was going to end after season 10, and another one that the show could end after season 20.

The show gotta end eventually...as it depends on how long the main & other regular voice actors for the Simpsons family characters and the recurring characters can keep going as most of them are already in their mid 50's, and a few in their 60's and Harry Shearer is 75. We already lost 3 or 4 voice actors/actresses that already passed away.

I give the show at least another 4 years (to season 35) before the voice actors/actresses decides that they have done long enough for the show.

I don't think the show will get to season 40.
    Post edited by jaythecanadian on
  • rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Doubtful. Especially since Disney just acquired it. They’ll never stop the Simpsons. Have no fear, they’ve got stories for years.

Of course the show will end sooner or later.

You forget that the actors that do all the voice acting for the main characters like Homer, Marge, Lisa, Bart, etc may wanna retire or eventually die from old age.

So no, the show definitely won't go on forever like you claim.

They have back up actors to take their places (as stated when Harry Shearer was holding out on signing a new contract a few years ago). I wouldn’t want them to continue without the original cast, but my point is that they have a plan for what you said would end the show.