EA Forums - Banner

Uninspired :(

Pixxxa! Happy to see your name! Depressed to see that you are uninspired. Especially when your town has inspired me soooooo much. How many items do you have? I'm around 6300 and my uploading is very slow, but I can still design without constantly crashing. Just keep adding. They will eventually fix the crashing. People are too addicted to this game for EA to not keep working on perfecting this app!

Glad you are still visiting towns everyday. When Krustyland comes out, that will probably fire you up again. Can't wait to see what you do with that considering you kicked **** on your Squidport!

Replies

• chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited July 2013
    I know exactly how you feel. That was me after Whacking Day. I had all these awesome new buildings in my town, but no motivation/inspiration to do anything with them. Basically the entire month of May, I just logged on to collect, assign tasks, and attempt to design something, but I just wasn't feeling it. I like to think of it as a form of writers block. But after a few weeks of not creating anything new, I suddenly felt energized and inspired, and I couldn't put the game down. I think it happens to all of us with a game like this at one point or another, but I'm fairly confident that in due time you'll be back at it and fully inspired again.

As far as the crashing, that really sucks. I fluctuate between 6,500-7,000 items regularly, and I've yet to experience any crashing issues or lag, but I can imagine how frustrating it is. I've never had any lag on my ipad or kindle, but I used to on my iphone, however, I cleared a lot of memory off the device and it seemed to help enormously. Don't know if it will work for you, but maybe it's worth a shot.

Glad to see you're posting again :)

Your comment about sig envy cracked me up. I love your sig. I think it' one of the most unique one's here. But I'm sure if you wanted a touch up, there's someone out there willing to help you :) And I'm fairly sure McTattie is a machine, I like to imagine him as some sort of Terminator hybrid. He's much too gifted to simply be a mere mortal :)
  • Pixxxa
    429 posts
    edited July 2013
    menace1211 wrote:
    Pixxxa! Happy to see your name! Depressed to see that you are uninspired. Especially when your town has inspired me soooooo much. How many items do you have? I'm around 6300 and my uploading is very slow, but I can still design without constantly crashing. Just keep adding. They will eventually fix the crashing. People are too addicted to this game for EA to not keep working on perfecting this app!

Glad you are still visiting towns everyday. When Krustyland comes out, that will probably fire you up again. Can't wait to see what you do with that considering you kicked **** on your Squidport!
    Thanks menace, you know I love your SF too! I'm at about 6100-6200 and loading ok now, but the idea of facing Krustyland, Halloween or Christmas is a tad scary, real estate wise lol. Lately I've started crashing when trying to load a couple of my neighbour's towns, sure hope you're right and EA comes up with a fix!!!
  • pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited July 2013
    I went through an uninspired time too. Was a serious bummer. Hope you get though it because you do great things in game and I love seeing it.

I am trying to work my second login money and land up so I can use that to do new designs, because I am really happy with my original town too and don't want to mess it up.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi, I feel ya and I hope your inspiration return sometime soon. :)
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    Why hello there stranger :) glad to see you're still around! You really should post more often. Also I see that we aren't neighbours yet. We need to do something about that, stat. I've seen pics of your town and it's very impressive! Menace hit the nail on the head when he said your Squidport kicked ****, because it did just that. ;)

Chris mentioned that all players go through a phase where you absolutely can not be bothered and I think this is true, I was feeling this post Whacking Day where I had an abundance of new buildings and it got to a stage where I was just cramming everything together like a tin of sardines, see below:

My town after WD
    null_zps92b7e847.jpg

The fire will definitely be reawakened in due course, believe me. Have a little faith. :)

Friend request sent :D
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts
    edited July 2013
    We missed you pixxa, and glad you are back. I enjoy your posts; you are always fun to read. I know how you feel because I'm going through the same crisis, heh heh. I don't have space either which I know it only makes it harder. And, yes I have also reached the warning signs though not having problems at the moment.

I love your sig, I agree with Chris, it is very original, and it's you all over. I did like your change of avatar, it's cute and funny. :lol:
  • Pixxxa
    429 posts
    edited July 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    I know exactly how you feel. That was me after Whacking Day. I had all these awesome new buildings in my town, but no motivation/inspiration to do anything with them. Basically the entire month of May, I just logged on to collect, assign tasks, and attempt to design something, but I just wasn't feeling it. I like to think of it as a form of writers block. But after a few weeks of not creating anything new, I suddenly felt energized and inspired, and I couldn't put the game down. I think it happens to all of us with a game like this at one point or another, but I'm fairly confident that in due time you'll be back at it and fully inspired again.

As far as the crashing, that really sucks. I fluctuate between 6,500-7,000 items regularly, and I've yet to experience any crashing issues or lag, but I can imagine how frustrating it is. I've never had any lag on my ipad or kindle, but I used to on my iphone, however, I cleared a lot of memory off the device and it seemed to help enormously. Don't know if it will work for you, but maybe it's worth a shot.

Glad to see you're posting again :)

Your comment about sig envy cracked me up. I love your sig. I think it' one of the most unique one's here. But I'm sure if you wanted a touch up, there's someone out there willing to help you :) And I'm fairly sure McTattie is a machine, I like to imagine him as some sort of Terminator hybrid. He's much too gifted to simply be a mere mortal :)
    LOL @McTattienator... I believe you're right! :lol:
    Wow, 7000??? LOL Where do you fit that much in!
    Thanks for the compliments on my sig. I like it too, but need to clean it up on the computer.

Very happy to hear that this slump will probsbly pass! I have way too much invested in this game to just walk away lol.
  • Pixxxa
    429 posts
    edited July 2013
    I went through an uninspired time too. Was a serious bummer. Hope you get though it because you do great things in game and I love seeing it.

I am trying to work my second login money and land up so I can use that to do new designs, because I am really happy with my original town too and don't want to mess it up.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi, I feel ya and I hope your inspiration return sometime soon. :)
    Hi backatcha neighbourino!
    Start ANOTHER town? ~runs from the room screaming and pulling hair out~
  • Pixxxa
    429 posts
    edited July 2013
    Why hello there stranger :) glad to see you're still around! You really should post more often. Also I see that we aren't neighbours yet. We need to do something about that, stat. I've seen pics of your town and it's very impressive! Menace hit the nail on the head when he said your Squidport kicked ****, because it did just that. ;)

Chris mentioned that all players go through a phase where you absolutely can not be bothered and I think this is true, I was feeling this post Whacking Day where I had an abundance of new buildings and it got to a stage where I was just cramming everything together like a tin of sardines, see below:

My town after WD
    null_zps92b7e847.jpg

The fire will definitely be reawakened in due course, believe me. Have a little faith. :)

Friend request sent :D
    lol @ sardine analogy!
    Friend request will be accepted s soon as I log into TSTOin a bit.
  • Pixxxa
    429 posts
    edited July 2013
    We missed you pixxa, and glad you are back. I enjoy your posts; you are always fun to read. I know how you feel because I'm going through the same crisis, heh heh. I don't have space either which I know it only makes it harder. And, yes I have also reached the warning signs though not having problems at the moment.

I love your sig, I agree with Chris, it is very original, and it's you all over. I did like your change of avatar, it's cute and funny. :lol:
    Awwrr, thanks! I'm feeling all warm and fuzy now!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.