EA Forums - Banner

Not promoted

Not sure how the promotion works think its the "system" that decides promotion. I'm sure you'll be promoted soon dude.

Replies

• swdonnelly84
    639 posts
    edited July 2013
    Just spend more money on donuts.
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited July 2013
    haha1.gif

Sorry mate, couldn't resist :)
    That's enjoying

Edit. Joke on me- it looks like he's laughing at my avatar ;)
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited July 2013
    I was gone for the weekend and could not post but I posted loads since I came.... Then u see people with only 30 posts promoted, sorry for the argument just annoyed

I had full rights from my first post but then I'd spent years of my life on other EA forums so its probably cumulative with your EA/Origin account.
  • JaredEgan
    127 posts
    edited July 2013
    I read somewhere that it has to do with the amount of posts leading up to the promotion day.
    So as you were away for the weekend it skipped you, even though you are more active than many, including myself.

Its definitely a flawed system. it should really take into account your activity over the previous month. But i suppose with the amount of monitoring that it would need to do with all of the different users, it would be a waste of EA's server space...or whatever gets used up with monitoring for two or three days, instead of a month...
  • JaredEgan
    127 posts
    edited July 2013
    lol, i take it back.
    Congrats on the Promotion :mrgreen:
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    simbass7 wrote:
    haha1.gif

Sorry mate, couldn't resist :)
    That's enjoying

Edit. Joke on me- it looks like he's laughing at my avatar ;)

null_zps00a06d89.gif
  • Holli537
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I got promoted with less than 35 posts. I wasn't even expecting it.... saw I had a PM from weeks before saying I was promoted. I hadn't been posting much.

But I'm not complaining! It just made me post more. ;)
  • Jay_Wayne_2
    496 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I was gone for the weekend and could not post but I posted loads since I came.... Then u see people with only 30 posts promoted, sorry for the argument just annoyed

You are promoted I see your Homer avatar. I have seen mods say that post count doesn't matter in promotion, it's random. I also saw someone with 10 posts promoted, LOL.
  • Twkoenig
    246 posts
    edited July 2013
    I don't think its completely random, I think you just have to be active for a while. And by active I mean just a post per week or so. But congrats! I just finally got promoted too.
  • crazyant18
    57 posts
    edited July 2013
    I didn't get promoted but I figure I don't post much. I'm just a lurker :mrgreen: who comes here everyday looking at information or ideas for my town. Also look at comments and see what all you guys are talking about :D
  • xxx_MCBAIN_xxx
    146 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I think it has more to do with "content" than number of posts.....the hint is in your promotion message.
    Answering other forum members questions is helpful to EA :wink:
    Oh and congrats on your promo
    :thumbup:
  • brockrui
    60 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Another month goes by and I"m still not promoted and people that have been here a month get promoted....Is it because I'm not yellow?
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited July 2013
    JaredEgan wrote:
    I read somewhere that it has to do with the amount of posts leading up to the promotion day.
    So as you were away for the weekend it skipped you, even though you are more active than many, including myself.

Its definitely a flawed system. it should really take into account your activity over the previous month. But i suppose with the amount of monitoring that it would need to do with all of the different users, it would be a waste of EA's server space...or whatever gets used up with monitoring for two or three days, instead of a month...

Anyone know if promotions are permanent, or if you can lose it after not posting for a long time?
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    firesoul19 wrote:
    JaredEgan wrote:

Anyone know if promotions are permanent, or if you can lose it after not posting for a long time?

They certainly are permanent. :)
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited July 2013
    brockrui wrote:
    Another month goes by and I"m still not promoted and people that have been here a month get promoted....Is it because I'm not yellow?

Maybe it's because you're not very active? 28 posts in over 2 months. I joined on the 16th of this month and was promoted on the 22nd, but post a fair bit, cause I have a backwards sleeping pattern and up all night with nothing to do lol
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    brockrui wrote:

Maybe it's because you're not very active? 28 posts in over 2 months. I joined on the 16th of this month and was promoted on the 22nd, but post a fair bit, cause I have a backwards sleeping pattern and up all night with nothing to do lol

I was wondering why you were posting at 4am last night. I'm just as bad though haha. :lol:
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited July 2013
    brockrui wrote:

I was wondering why you were posting at 4am last night. I'm just as bad though haha. :lol:

Yep, for some reason I can only sleep during the day, I get accused of being a vampire lol
  • Daenerys01
    26 posts
    edited July 2013
    brockrui wrote:

Yep, for some reason I can only sleep during the day, I get accused of being a vampire lol

I do exactly the same thing, up all night, sleep half the day! I've got till Monday to change back around before my husband gets home from work for his week off, cause he's usually waking up by the time it's my sleep time.
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited July 2013
    Daenerys01 wrote:
    brockrui wrote:

I do exactly the same thing, up all night, sleep half the day! I've got till Monday to change back around before my husband gets home from work for his week off, cause he's usually waking up by the time it's my sleep time.

I tried changing mine so I can sleep at night by staying up all night like usual, but instead of going to sleep in the morning, I stayed up all day so I'd be wrecked by night time. But that back fired cause I passed out at 4pm and was awake at midnight lol I have given up trying to now lol
  • Daenerys01
    26 posts
    edited July 2013
    Daenerys01 wrote:
    brockrui wrote:

I tried changing mine so I can sleep at night by staying up all night like usual, but instead of going to sleep in the morning, I stayed up all day so I'd be wrecked by night time. But that back fired cause I passed out at 4pm and was awake at midnight lol I have given up trying to now lol

Lol, I've tried that many a time, I usually last till lunch time tho, and back up at dinner time to feed animals and do other stuff. I think I've given up trying a long time ago! Lol I've always been a night owl for as long as I can remember
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!