EA Forums - Banner

Town portrait not working

Is anyone else having issues with the town portrait feature? I'm using a S10+ and get a unknown issue alert everytime I try to take a town screenshot. While the portrait is compiling I hear locations of where it may be by the noise. This is before it let's you back into town to complete the photo. Anyone else having the town portrait issue?335dlci3tsrt.jpg

Replies

• Probably a storage issue, never had any problems with the portrait while using bluestacks.
  • This also was a problem with our last event, iirc. The first day of the event always has some problem and a patch is needed to fix said issue or issues.
  • lilmamasa3 wrote: »
    This also was a problem with our last event, iirc. The first day of the event always has some problem and a patch is needed to fix said issue or issues.

This was not working before the event.
  • Anyone else getting this error or know a fix for when they try save their town portrait? Was working fine in January but been trying this week to save screenshot of my town and just keep getting this error when trying to save. This is on Android, app has full permissions, and plenty of storage on device. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Anyone else getting this error or know a fix for when they try save their town portrait? Was working fine in January but been trying this week to save screenshot of my town and just keep getting this error when trying to save. This is on Android, app has full permissions, and plenty of storage on device. Any help would be appreciated.

This issue has been around for some time and seems to come and go for no apparent reason, it is probably wise to contact EA support (although don't expect a quick fix) but if you can wait until the next update to the game you might be lucky and find the problem goes away all by itself.
  • I have the same issue. Never got it to work after many times trying.
  • Thanks for your help, may just have to wait then
  • Having the exact same problem of late in UK using S10+. Still ok on my Samsung tablet.
  • JJR2112
    389 posts Member
    Anyone have any luck with this yet? Been down for a few months now and I REALLY need it. I'm using both and S10 and an Ipad.
  • I can take a snap fine - but it used to be around 20MB and now it's under 2MB (with all the lack of detail that goes with it).
  • 4junk3000
    5259 posts Member
    edited April 15
    I used it successfully just yesterday.
    I made this image to try to help plan my rebuild. 7cvwojgkbr9l.png
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • I'm having same issue on S10+.
  • Issue persists for me too.
    Galaxy S9+, newest Android update, 10GB of free space, 12 trys...
  • Permissions to access memory is also OK, reinstall or reboot to no success.
  • JJR2112
    389 posts Member
    Just bumping this up in the vain hope that someone from EA might see it and try to do something. The Samsung Galaxy seems to be a recurring theme for those with this problem but please add to the list if you're having the same problem with a different device. This has become my favorite feature of the game and I really miss it.
  • After getting the error I additional get a mysterious message via Skype with a link to Baidu from someone out of my Tapped-Out buddylist.
  • Weird. My portrait function works fine in that it takes the portrait and lets me store it - but in the past it was 20+MB and reasonably detailed; now it's 2MB and poorly detailed.
  • I have the same problem, friends of mine without a ea account doesnt have this issue so guessing we have to wait for ea to fix this. Can take a while tho, ea doesnt seem to have any people playing TSTO so they will suggest its a device issue and that ea is working correctly. Thnx ea for fixing this issue...